Just got my confirmation from my Dr that xialflex has been approved

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbonlib

i'm working with dr carson at UNC and they are setting up appts as soon as the insurance questions are settled (month maybe?)  i'm anxious to get in and talk to him....

terryd

Gap

"I can feel it in my hip"

mylesd

Yeah, please keep us informed.
I'm seeing a urologist in Boston who is in the same boat, seeking out whether it
is feasible to and if insurance will cover, etc.
He told me I was on the top of his list and recommends it for me. I know this is not a cure but I'm kind of excited and scared to death.

pvpey

Approved for treatment, but not by insurance yet. I'd contact my physician and fill out the forms for personal Insurance approval asap. Under-staffed and many requests so just more delays at this point.

Carbonlib

looks like some hokey pokey going on between the hospital/clinic/dr and the insurance companies and the mfgr of xiaflex.......now they're telling me that the insurance company (BCBS) is saying they WONT cover all of the cost of the medicine itself because it's so expensive.....they are quoting me 6k AFTER insurance.....

then, they tell me that the Mfgr MIGHT give me up to $1000/injection BACK on some program, but they cant give me any guarantee or parameters about the rebate program....

sounds like typical "gouge the patient" BS to me....

i'll keep everyone informed....i'm going to go ahead and sign up, then we can fight over the bill after my dick is str8....

mylesd

I kind of expected that Carbonlib,
I'm still waiting to hear from my urol about this. It's disheartening bc I have BCBS. There is no way I can afford 6k for this treatment. Meanwhile, I haven't been prescribed any other treatment for this. My fear is that the condition will get worse. ( discovered the dent/curve in Oct ) I hope to hear something this wk but it will probably be the same balking from the ins company.