Yes I am new to this board

Previous topic - Next topic

ReverendHoward

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Reverend Howard Boyer, Vicar of Saint George Chapel. You can find us at LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR if you are interested. From 1963 till 1972 I had a military career and was stationed in Vietnam with the U.S. Army. It was there in 1972 that I was shot in the pelvis. Everything in that area of my anatomy was totally messed up. Major reconstruction was done, which included my penis [ a relative new discipline for urology surgeons]
I was in final surgery to have my penis rebuilt and ended up with a loss of 3 inches in length do to damaged tissue and other structures of the organ. Next as a result of surgical wound healing I lost yet another one inch do to contraction. Before the injury I could have a 9 inch erection. After the surgery I am not able to have an erection do to loss of erectile tissue and placement of rods[ back then inflatable prosthesis were not perfected].
Since then I have had a regular annual argument with the Veterans Administration about finishing the job that was started and changing the prosthesis to an inflatable. The last surgeon I spoke with said We do not have the surgeons who are experienced enough to correct your issue. He further said I suspect encapsulation scar tissue to be a major problem in your case. And surgically doing a total Phalloplasty on you is not recommended because though not perfect you have a urinary functioning penis, with which to urinate. Results were an offer of Gender reassignment surgery! OH HECK I still think the V.A. is goofy. All I wanted was a new prosthesis and to have what was lost in combat surgically rebuilt. I told him I do not need in my mind to be a different Gender. I like who I am I just would appreciate being a bit more of my gender.
Once more the surgeon mentioned the problem of scar tissue complicating the surgery.
I have been searching for several years for a sight where I could get some feedback information on where to find a surgeon that would take care of my concerns. It would certainly make my wife much happier.
As you might understand most any surgery of the penis is claimed to be cosmetic, and therefore not covered by insurance.
Thank you very much hope to hear from some of you soon, hopefully a productive positive answer.  ???  

Hawk

It is absolutely incredible that our tax supported government would suggest a gender reassignment surgery to a combat wounded veteran rather than finding help to fix what was lost (to the extent possible) what was lost in the service of our country.  From what you say, it sounds like you are not likely to get what you need from a VA surgeon although that could be wrong.  Maybe you are just not talking to the right people with the VA ???

There are good reconstruction surgeons however that might be able to help you.  One with a stellar reputation is Gerald H. Jordan in Virginia.  He is getting up there in age but if i lived east of the Mississppi I would send all my records to him and have a consultation with him.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

csus

Hawk,

From what I understand and have been told, Gerald Jordan is now retired. I got his name from the doctors list here in this forum. Though he is retired, I saw a urologist who stated on more than one occasion that Jordan was "my mentor" at the I assume namesake facility Devine-Jordan Center for Reconstructive Surgery and Pelvic Health in Virginia Beach, Va.

cheers