Buprenorphine for sadness

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Hello - I know that almost all of men suffering from this disease are most of the time very preoccuped by their condition. I was struck at 25 but I know for sure that at any age it's destructive.

Buprenorphine is an opiate, like morphine in an extented release gallenic. When you are on buprenorphine you can work, you can assume  you everyday tasks like you neighbourg. The great benefit of it is a durable sensation of well-being, and it's a bit stimulating as well. It releives physical pain (it's an agonist/antogonist of morphine mu receptors), and psychological pain.

The price to pay for this help is you have to take one pill one the morning, and if you wants to quit the treatment in a brutal manner you'll have to face morphine withdrawal symptoms. They'll be greatly reduced by quitting it by reducing the dose gently (-10% every months).

Tell about your physician that you'are addicted to heroin and you'll get a prescription for it. 2mg may be the strating dose if you are naive of opiates. This therapeutic is kind to your system : no liver or renal issue, cognitive abilities remains intact. The dark side is to have to accept that you'll need buprenorphine to feel ok. The withdrawal is unconfortable and last several weeks but nothing unmanageable. I've been on methadone and buprenorphine before and I've quited them with effort, droping myslef from an high dosage to nothing. But the best manner to do it is in a progressive manner.

I must say this medication is meant to be use by anyone whi may see his everday life wasted by suicidal thoughs, severe sadness or feel almost dead inside. It will bring back some confort to you. I swear it really helped me.
Warning : you'll need to be followed by a psychiatrist and thinking about making changes in your life to help you to cope with the disease like being involve on a new relationship (buprenorphine enhance your overall weel-being it would be easier to seduce someone) engaging yourself on an implanting surgery (which was like a second born for me) or putting time and effort to work seriously on traction / ved routine.

Because if nothing has changed, or if you haven't changed your mind during the treatment and you're willing to quit, you'll have to face the same as before. So if you're very down, depressed, +/- alcoolic or on antidepressant sleepaid without any improvement on your everday life it should be useful to you, as it was for me.

respectfully to all of you- BenoƮt

MattFoley

Ben, I would never advise someone to go on an opiate simply because of depression and sadness. I've been on Buprenorphine and I know that it's a cruel drug. Once you get addicted, you are going to have to deal with withdrawals. Why anyone would put themselves in such a position is difficult for me to understand.
Got Testosterone?

Ben

Well MattFoley so you know what I'm talking about. I've been on methadone before implantation, been on buprenorphine before the condition also.

Indeed you'll have to face some of withdrawals symptoms when you quit. My purpose is that someone which feel really wasted for months, for years and had to endure permanent sadness, great anxiety, hate of his own body etc... (like I had myself) could have benefit from buprenorphine.

For some people it can be unacceptable to loose their freedom to take a medecine or not. In case of buprenorphine you'll have to take it everyday, no choice). I can totally understand that they are reluctant.

I honestly think that opiates enhanced my overall well-being while suffering from this disease. Better than any medecine I took. It's safer for the health than alcohol, it don't ruins your cognitive functions (like benzos or alcohol).

To follow your views many mens have to deal with great stress, and most of it shouldn't take buprenorphine. But in a few case, and I'm sure of it, there are men here who are suffering a 8/10 psychological pain on a regular basis. I ment this post for this category.

I never occulted the fact there is a price to pay for it.  

MattFoley

Ben, you're right, opiates can lift you right out of depression. If you don't mind dealing with some withdrawals, sure this can be a tool to help.

The other thing to keep in mind is that opiates kill your testosterone. It was a combination of cigarettes and opiates that gave me Peyronie's. So if you're willing to risk possible further Peyronie's damage, go ahead and give it a shot.

The problem is that you either suffer from depression on one hand or you get temporarily free from depression and you suffer some withdrawals and possible further aggravation of your Peyronie's condition. Tough choices.

God bless you, my friend.
Got Testosterone?

dioporcolorisolvo

Can this drug give any benefits also for who is near suicide?

Edit: i've just read that it's can aggravate peyronie, so it's not optimal....

@Ben: after surgery do you feel healed?

ThePerfectMelody

I would like to caution anyone to really think twice about getting on synthetic opiates. A good friend of mine got addicted to prescription opiates in college and slid down into doing heroin, which eventually killed him. I received multiple phone calls from him through his six-year addiction with him telling me how much he wanted to quit but the physical withdrawal were too painful. He had his demons which led him to the opiates and once they got their claws in him they took over and took his life. I know that this is just one case so I'm not telling you to not try this route if you think it will help but just want you to know there are some serious risks associated. I sympathize with you; I know first-hand too the psychological stress associated with having Peyronie's Disease. Have you considered other prescription drugs for the depression and suicidal feelings? I was on Welbutrin and lamictal for a year and it helped me a lot. The welbutrin lifted the depression and the lamictal helped keep my mood stable. Although you'd have to experiment a little, finding the right psychotropic medication combination could be a great benefit.  I wish you well. All the best.

Melody

JayGould

Another good thing about opiates is that they kill your sex drive.

However, the mechanism for how it does so may not be good for Peyronie's (lowering testosterone). But who knows.