Fast Progression

Previous topic - Next topic

Litani

I was diagnost with Peyronies 2.5 months ago.  My uro measured a picture and told me I had 26 degree upward curve.  I have been taking Pentox, Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin E, Acetyl l-carnitine,  L-Arginine, and fish Oil.  I never skip.  I measured myself last night and the degree is changed to 40!  I have no idea what else to do.  I feel like I am in a car without breaks and I cannot get off of it.  I am freaking out.  I cannot sleep or get my mind off of it.  I was just starting to come to terms and with this, I am slipping back into depression.

I know 2.5 months is not much time for pentox.  Has anyone gotten worse before getting better.  This disease has ruined my life!  I need a shred of hope!
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

rellisacct

What have you been eating? I have personally noticed a direct correlation between my diet and increased plaque problems. Not to say that diet is causing the underlying problem, but it can definitely have an adverse effect.  
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
― Sun Tzu

Litani

I have not been paying any attention to eating.  What should I avoid?  Carbs?
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

rellisacct

There is a thread related to diet, but I personally have taken notice over the past 3-4 months about how my diet affects my condition. Wheats (most breads), red meats and large quantities of carbs has caused some definite hardening of the plaques, while eating fruits, veggies, and lean meats has caused improvement in my condition. Also, I fasted for 3 days about 2 months ago and noticed what seemed to be an overall improvement in the tissue health. I'm a big believer in the fact that this condition has some sort of autoimmune issue associated with it and eating bad foods causes inflammation, which will increase plaque production. This is just my 2 cents and I have no science to back this up.  
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
― Sun Tzu

KAC

HI Litani,

I had rapid progression at the beginning--up to 90 degrees.  It was pretty traumatic.  I did have verapamil injections--and they may have helped, but who knows. Improvement took place over a period of a few months near or at the end of the active period about 18 months in.  I still seem to be having modest, improvement... very slow. I do all the things most people here do--VED, pentox, and more recently the cursed traction device that embarrasses and tortures me.  But getting used to it.  Still, 40 degrees isn't the end of the world!  I never stopped enjoying a sex life with my wife.  In many ways that has only improved as we've recognized it as a gift and not a right.  Best of luck.

KAC

jackp

Litani

You need to add the daily VED exercise to your treatment. It only takes 15 minutes a day.  It will be slow but will help with the curve and help keep your penis healthy. It will also help loss of penile size. The single cylinder exercise I used is posted in the VED section. Any questions just ask.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com

Litani

I had a doctors appointment today.  He said the curve is the same.  I was not measuring it right.

Litani

Is there a section on this forum for instruction on how to measure the degree?

inkhorn

Litani- PM lwillisjr, he gave me the chart- Regards Inkhorn