Unexpected Improvement - Behavioral?

Previous topic - Next topic

mercurza

I have not posted here in awhile, but I had a bad case (not that there is a good one) of Peyronies that began 4 years ago. Two years in, at the height of the issues, I experienced impotence, plaques on both sides and in the perineum (which is rare), a slight 30 degree bend down and a bend to the side, and not to mention significant psychological and emotional issues. I am 29, and this started at 25, so being young and just married was also difficult.

After a failed topical Verapamil go, I went on a NSAID regimen, with light massaging and stretching every day. More importantly, and the most significant change I believe in my improvement, was in behavior and thinking. I actually got over my sorrow and started to try having sex and getting erections regularly (at the beginning, a lot of the time it didn't work and it was frustrating, but because me and my wife knew we were just trying and that it could only get better, it actually eased a ton of my anxiety).

About three weeks after this behavioral change, I noticed less anxiety and more erections again (note it had been almost 3 years of a nonexistent sex life because of this - so I was astonished). It seems as though the additional erections helped teh defmormity immensely. After each time I had or tried to get an erection, I would take a good dose of anti-inflammatory NSAID. Within a few weeks the bend was not as pronounced, and with each week eventually straightened out over the course of 3-4 months! It seemed as though the plaques got thinner which allowed the deformity to straighten out. In total, I lost about an inch of length, but at least I am now straight and finally 3 and a half years later have been able to have sex without anxiety, pain, or embarrassing deformity.

Don't get me wrong, I am still shorter than I was pre-peyronies and have intermittent pain, but I will take it!

I still am shocked at this improvement as I really thought it was over for me sexually; but once I got over myself and tried some behavioral changes when it came to erections, that is the only time I noticed improvement.

I know this is not a scientific post, and I have no real explanation for the improvement, but I thought I could share in case it helped someone.

Mercurza

Hawk

Mercurza,

What gratitude we have that you selflessly thought to come back and share your success.  I am so happy for your improvement and success.  Unfortunately, the stress of ED can actually cause ED and it can become a vicious cycle.

You also struck a chord with me It's clear you had a supportive wife and it reminded me of a phase in my own journey. - My Peyronies Disease and ED issues are behind me but I recall my frustration at not just having intercourse but trying to satisfy my wife.  She would ask to switch to a different position and it would not work for me and the stress was not pleasant.  One day I sat down and talked to her an said "I need to have sex with you.  I am going to have sex but you are not. She just looked puzzled and smiled.  I said I need to be able to focus on what works and what doesn't.  I need to experiment, without worrying about your timing or your satisfaction.  I need you to be like an inflatable doll."  We tried many positions and variations.  Some worked and some did not.  We discovered some variations the made some work.  It opened up a period of exploration in us that was like newlyweds.  In some ways, our sex lives were better than before Peyronies Disease and ED.

Thanks again.
Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

skunkworks

I have long been of the opinion that sustained (past 10 minutes) natural erections are a healing force for Peyronie's, with gentle and careful sex being the most common way of sustained erections happening.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]