Introducing.......

Previous topic - Next topic

Thwarp

Ok......... Howdy.... well Obviously I am Thwarp. The name of a fictional character I use when telling short stories I write from time to time. Obviously he's a silly dork.

Anyway. Peyronies disease. Wow. Never heard of it. Till I saw a PA Urologist on another small matter when I brought up an issue two months ago of pain and now some curvature. Well the PA was very certain of a diagnosis of Peyronies. Yes for some reason I took along a few pics as well.
She (yes I'm lucky) gave me some literature and advised me to do my research on it. Gave me some hope that it just may clear up on its own. However after reading I see the chances of that are less than 5%. So I found this site and I must say the advice and results I am seeing is encouraging.

I'm 53 now. I pretty much remember how I got injured 5 months ago when my GF did something abnormally when instead of going up and down she went back and forth grinding and OUCH!!.

So I went through about 2 weeks of pain. Its gone now. I'd say I have a bottle neck deformity where the circumcision scar is and my guess right now is a 15 degree upward curve. Loss of length etc etc etc. Pissing in morning is a new experience. Lets face it guys when yer used to shooting the same gun we don't have to aim. We can shoot from the hip easy enough. Now Aiming is a chore!!!

So far I have the baseline recommended over the counter supplements except  L-Carnitine and L-Arginine. I have a few questions for them.
I can't remember which one caused this in more than one person but people have reported racing heart beat with one or both.
1. Is there a way around this because the idea kinda scares me bit or am I assuming things that aren't there?

next subject
VED's. Man .... I don't even like the idea of having to use one but it seems like its a great idea for recovery. However I don't know one thing about them. I have read the suggested program regiment for using one with the 3 tubes. I think its called Soma ..... something.
A bit pricey but would you advise this as giving the best over all therapy for our condition?

Personally so far I hate the look of my erections now. I hate the way they feel. It doesn't hurt but it feels like its going to explode and its not even close to the original woody. Yeah I get depressed but even so it does nothing to act on it and have a pity party doing nothing at all. When I'm not at work and at home I wear very loose swimming trunks with no underwear. Its just more comfy.

I have a great sense of humor guys. I will make funnies out of a bad situation for some reason. I don't know why. But get used to it. I think I'm just lightening the mood,tension, embarrassment  and awkwardness of the situations as they pop up.

But for now I have one last question..... "WHO'S RESPONSIBLE?"   :o

inkhorn

Thwarp- Welcome to the forum. I'm also new here and so not really one to give advice. I will say this. I've found more knowledge and wisdom (the ability to use knowledge) on this forum then any GP or regular Uro can give. Search the site diligently and find a plan that works for you. Be like a chicken the barn yard. They have the ability to eat grain and stone and then spit out the stone. In other words, take it all in, and then use what works.I learned along time ago to stop taking what people tell me and throwing it out the window, cause I skin my knees climbing out the window to retrieve it!! BTW if like funnies visit "the light side" board, it's a hoot. Regards Inkhorn

Norm

MUST READ BEFORE YOU POST - Information for new members - Peyronies Society Forums

Thwart,
Welcome. I wish you hadn't found the need to grace our presence, but I am glad you found us. If you haven't read the link above, please do. That will eliminate lots of repetitive questions. If your injury is only 5 months old, you won't find a doctor that will do anything. You have to be past the acute stage. But this is the perfect time to take action. The VED is a good choice. Traction works too, but most of us just can't wear the thing for several hours daily. Get some Pentox. That is the gold standard of medication for Peyronies Disease. You may have to put some effort into that as most doctors don't know that it helps. A sense of humor is an asset, as this ailment takes its toll on your psyche. You gotta laugh to keep from crying. Bookmark this site and make it your daily study. The guys here have been through it and the combined experience is more than you will find in any doctor, unless maybe he has it. The link should answer your questions on the supplements. Welcome and good luck!  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Thwarp

Yes I did read that link. It was great. Also a list of the basic supplements to take since they seem to have had proven benefits across the board. My urologist and PA who works for the urologist seem to be more than interested in this since they have me schedualed again for early next month. They have me taking a pic once a month to see if change occurs be it better or worse. The odd thing here is these two are VA employed and they have more say in who and how the treat than civilian medical personnel. I was extremely impressed with their level of knowledge and more so, their level of empathy ..... it was way off the charts.

I will post my questions about the L-Carnitine and the L-Argnine as soon as I find the correct forum .

Oldman has taken the cue on the VED and sent me some first hand professional advice since that is an entirely unknown thing for me.

Lets face it "That sorta thing just aint my bag baby"  ::)

Norm

Old Man is the VED guru. Listen to him. I'd suggest you print the articles on Pentox to take to your next appointment. Your docs sound receptive. Most tell you to take Vit E and come back in a year. If your guys are interested, you are way ahead of the game.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Jonbinspain

As Inkhorn has said, there is more knowledge and information on this disease here on this forum than all but a handful of Urologists possess.

Pentox is a must. I also take Arginine ( in the form of Citruline malate) ALC, CoQ10 600mg. I use traction therapy. I don't have too many problems now with either Arginine or ALC, they tend to go as your body becomes accustomed to them. I am determined to not let this damnable condition win. I will batter it with anything and everything that has some credence as to it's efficacy.

Try to stay in shape. It will not only help you physically, but I find it helps you to feel better in your head. Don't underestimate the effect this can have on you mentally. Unless you remain upbeat, it can destroy you. You sound like a pretty optimistic guy, so I'm sure you'll be o.k.  

Chris Overleaf

Welcome. I appreciate your humour about this condition, but it is scary isn't it, especially in that slight physical changes can alter our whole sense of sex and sexuality. The talk tends to be about whether or not we can function ok in lovemaking, whereas what' more important is how it feels to us, how sexual we're able to feel. I've been using a pump, not as much as I'm supposed to but it makes a big difference, not so much to size and bend but to the intensity of feeling. Last night my wife and I had sex and my orgasm was for a change very satisfying and.. fun, not just managing to do it. What a relief! But what once seemed automatic and instinctive now feels fluctuating and temporary.. a well that could run dry. My level of 'sexiness' varies a lot, and I'm saying all this because so much of what's written here is about inches and rates of curvature rather than levels of good feeling which is harder to define.
I write stories too and am trying to write about Peyronies, a topic that needs to be talked about I reckon but not easy to open up about, all best