Numerous Ring like structures along penile shaft

Previous topic - Next topic

Algandarion

Hello, i'm 23 years old. When my penis is erect I can feel and see through the skin what appears to be ring like structures along the penile shaft. I don't know how to explain properly but it's like the penis were formed by various rings put together forming a tube, rather than a smooth tube like a pipe. I don't feel any kind of pain. My penis curves slightly down and to the left but it has always been this way. These structures seem to be all over the penis except in the glans. They are more noticeable near the base and up to half its length and when looking from the right or left sides. I can't feel or see them when the penis is flaccid. So I would like to know, is this normal or could these be some kind of plaque or scar tissue.

Thank you.

LWillisjr

Well generally the formation of some type of scaring or plaque will cause a change in size, shape, or curvature. So let's take one question at a time.

First, it sounds like you have not had any change in size or shape. And that you have had a slight curve always. Well few men have an absolute straight erection. So having a slight curve of some type is normal. And as long as it doesn't interfere with intercourse then you are fine.

I'm not quite comprehending the ringlike structures you are describing. Have these recently appeared, or could these have always been there as well?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Algandarion

Thank you for the reply. Well, like I said it's a little difficult to explain but they could have always been there, though i'm not really sure about that. These ring like structures which I mentioned are like pieces of string wrapped around the penile shaft all over its length or like you put various rings together forming a tube, so that when you look at it you can see the place where these rings connect. What I mean is when erect the penile shaft doesn't seem totally smooth, it's like it were divided in various small rings in a manner that I can see their connections. It's not anything very noticeable, I can only see or feel it if I examine it carefully. I've not noticed any change in shape or size though, or at least I believe so.  

RichP

those sound like 'circumflex' or encircling arteries or veins. maybe they're inflamed - mine have gotten bigger over the years.  

kenny82

i would say that is absolutly normal. I have the same structures as long as i can remember, these are visible during erection. I think if you look into some anatomy books you can see in the drawn pictures the same structures. I dont know why they are visible, maybe ask a doc to be sure.  

Goldenman1

I have these symptoms aswell, any updates on what it is?

Pfract

Why don't people post photos to help in the diagnosis?  

pullonit

I have these ring-like structures too.  Mostly on the right side, although my penis bends to the left. They feel a little squishy or soft even when erect. No pain. Have been there a long time. Almost feel like veins. Not really hard and can't feel them when flaccid.  

Image a stick with 3 skinny doughnuts on it.  Stick is going down the hole/middle of the doughnuts. Now cover that with some skin.  Seems best way to describe it....  But I can only feel or see anything on the right side towards the base.