X4labs traction device

Previous topic - Next topic

Noway

So im looking to get a traction device but I heard a lot of them pinch im wondering if this one pinches and if it works well. Theres also alot of people who say that traction or ved don't work expecially on yahoo answers... saying that its a rip off to spend this much money and. Some of there claims on there website don't make sense but im still really unsure im kinda willing to try anything at this point I just don't want to damage my penis further or anything.
The x4labs has a traction device specifically for peyronies disease with a supplyment would this be the choice for a traction device if I would choose one? money isn't a issue if I can fix my bend.

Hawk

All traction devices that use tension rods and a strap to retain the glans in the unit are basically the same design.  If they have tension springs (an absolute must) and they have decent materials, what one does they all do.  I suppose it is possible to pinch yourself while tightening the strap with any of them but it is also very easy not to pinch yourself and none of them pinch while you are wearing them.  The pinch is not the problem with traction.  It is concealing them under clothing and restricted movement like squatting down to pick something up.  Even sitting can require a little bit of strategy.

The other option is a rod traction with a vacuum cup attached to the glans.  It may or may not be a little more comfortable for long wear but it is no more concealable.

The conceal-ability of these units depends some on your size.  Size also determines to some degree how easy it is to sit , stoop, etc. If you are 4 " and have pants with a deep stride (baggy crotch or seat) , then no problem.  If you are 8" and have normal pants on the you have a huge problem.  Be prepared to do a lot of standing and walking or wearing nothing but baggy sweat pants.

I like the X4Labs not because of design, they are all the same.  I like the quality, price, shipping, and the fact that it includes both the noose and the comfort strap so you can choose which to wear.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Noway

Thanks hawk so you would suggest the x4labs for peyronies disease they have one specifically for peyronies disease with 1000 vitamin e supplyment or something.

Hawk

There is no such thing as a traction unit specifically for Peyronies Disease.  A traction unit is a traction unit.  The do one thing only.  Stretch a flaccid penis exactly like BPSFL measuring does.  When you do a BPSFL the tissue that restricts the length is the tissue along the shortest linear plane.  When you wear traction that is the tissue that stretches first.  As it stretches the tension is placed over the next shortest run of tissue.  The straighter you get the more tissue is involved in the stretch.

So if you want to by vitamin E from x4Labs go ahead but I would not care 2 cents about that.  I think x4 is as good as any strap and rod traction device and the strap/noose option is a big plus.  I personally think the vacuum attachment is worth checking out however but I have no experience with it.

swolf

I just bought one through an Ebay seller I saw mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Not sure if I'm supposed to be advertising the company I bought it from (though I did find it on the forum) but I can if anyone is interested or needs it. They seem to be a reputable company with fast shipping and good service and about 50,000 sales (includes sex toys, but the traction devices seem to be quality). It's spring-loaded and has the strap option, and costs $50 with free shipping.

Hawk

Posting of links by established members is permitted as long as:

They are links to recognized treatment options
They are not posted repeatedly (every 5 or 10 posts)
They do not promote websites considered nefarious or scams

If an established member posts a link that is considered unacceptable (which is rare), the link will just be removed with a friendly explanation as to why.  In such cases the link will be replaced by the official name of the product or business that is not a hyperlink.

swolf

Ok, well I would say just go to Ebay and do a search but it does seem to be hard to find the correct results, and you ultimately have to have an account and be verified as an adult to even see the actual listing page (maybe for it to even show up in search results - not sure about that), so someone casually searching may not find what they're looking for. In that case, I just bought mine from here: eBay My World - leluv  I've already corresponded with them and they responded quickly and professionally. There are even cheaper options ($30), but the $50 model seemed like the best all-around choice.  

Hawk

Swolf,

If you ever get around to it.  Post a picture of your traction device.  Are there telescoping barrels on each side with springs?  Do the barrels have marks to indicate how much tension is (how far they have telescoped?  Does it use a strap or a noose?

swolf

I think the answer is yes to most of those questions but I will do that when I get it in a few days (they say I should get it by Monday).

swolf

I got my device - it apparently arrived yesterday (just a few days from when I ordered it). Picture should be attached. There are no markings on the device to measure pressure. This is the company's page on instructions, with a list and diagram of what the kit contains: http://leluv.s3.amazonaws.com/extender_instructions.html [link fixed]

Hawk

First of, before I forget, your link does not work so please fix that or delete it since broken links are a bit of an issue.

The first thing I would do is to put 3 equally spaced marks on the rod that telescopes into the barrel with a permanent industrial sharpie marker.  Then I would use a good accurate scale such as a food scale to find out how much tension there is at each mark.  This wil help to keep consistant tension because most find that even after wearing the device, the penis relaxes or the strap slips a little and you can readily tell that if you have reference marks on the telescoping rods.  You can then readjust the tension to bring it back to where it was.

Unless there is some unseen flaw such as these rods catching and not telescoping fairly smoothly, you got a great deal at that price.

skunkworks

Looks great, spring loaded and you can see whether comfort strap or noose works better for you. Scored a great deal!

Very strongly urge that you follow Hawk's advice about marking the points and checking the tension at those points. It is very easy to do and hugely important.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

swolf

The rods don't seem to telescope smoothly and this is something I noticed immediately and wondered how it could possibly work well like that. I don't have enough time at the moment to look at it again but I will check into that later and see if it's actually happening. If so it's going right back to the seller.

I'm confused about measuring the pressure. Exactly what type of scale are you referring to and how do I do that? I'm not going to yet until I determine if this device is worth keeping, but I still am not completely clear on how to do that.

Hawk

Once you have marks on the rods, just put the base that would press against you body on a scale.  Press the base into the scale by pushing on the end with the strap.  Press until the rods depress or telescope up to the first mark and note the amount of tension needed.  Do the same thing for all 3 marks so you know how much tension is generated at each mark.

There is an alternative method with weights.  It is a little more clumsy.  Simply stand the device up on a flat table and balance weights on the the other end while steadying the device and the weights.  See how much weight it takes to depress the device.  It would seem this would be inaccurate but it checked out identical as the scale method for me.  You need small weights.  I had the advantage of having some very small 1 1/4 lb weights that are magnetic.  Though it seems crude, it works.

PS: Sometimes my unit feels like the rods stick slightly when full extended but as soon as they are depresses slightly they move freely the rest of the way.

skunkworks

Getting a pencil and drawing on the parts where it is sticking might help, graphite is a good dry lubricant.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]