Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

See the details on a study to gather genetic and clinical information about fibrotic disorders!
Peyronie's Disease Clinical Trial - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women Speak Out about Peyronie's Disease  (Read 136658 times)

qweeny

• Voting Member
Re: Women Speak Out about Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »

Wow! Really, how cool is that!  ;D I guess you've been through everything we are going through now. It's fantastic to see how positive you are and you must be over the moon with your little one! Really makes me feel good about the future.

Would you mind if I PM you sometime with regard to some of the stuff that's coming up with peyronies, the relationship and trying to conceive?

queeny

Skjaldborg

• Major Contributor
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »

Qweeny,

Feel free to PM anytime.

Best,

Skjald

qweeny

• Voting Member
« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2011, 07:48:50 AM »

Hi everyone! I though a bit of an update would be nice. Things seem to be getting better, my partner has continued with the oral treatments (supplements and pentox) and it does seem to be helping. He has noticed a reduction in the curve, has really hard erections, the 'lump' seems to have gotten smaller and sex feels the same as it used to!

There is a slight downside that with all that extra blood flow, my partner says it actually hurts more at the moment when he has an erection. He has been taking the meds for around 2 months now.

So far we are keeping sexual activity for around my fertile time as we are trying to conceive, which means we generally have sex twice around that time and once the week before.

We are both feeling much more positive and can't wait until the pain issue resolves; that at the moment is the biggest issue for us.

Hope this brings hope to all those on pentox and the other supplements- we think they DO work! :) xx

mike67

• Solid Contributor
  • surgery Feb. 2 , 2012 Plaque Incision & Graft
    • My Peyronies Surgery Story
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2011, 08:42:23 AM »

Thanks for this encouraging post Qweeny. I am sure everyone here is happy for you and partner with the progress being shown to his condition. I am still waiting for the suppliments to show they are working and probably will have to go for V I or surgery. But my priorities are different than yours as a couple. I turn 69 today so life is a little different at this age. I hope things continue on an uphill slant for you and yours.
Mike
Mikey

qweeny

• Voting Member
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »

Thanks Mike! a very Happy Birthday to you!!! All the best to you too, whichever route you decide to go for.  :) xx

Skjaldborg

• Major Contributor
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

my partner says it actually hurts more at the moment when he has an erection.

I experienced this symptom as well. This went away completely for me by the 3 month mark, probably due to medication. Best of luck to you guys!

Skjaldborg

qweeny

• Voting Member
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:46 AM »

Skajald- thank you! We are thinking it's a part of the process that will pass, hopefully it will be as speedy as it was for you! Thanks again, your positive story has been inspirational xx

HFB

• Voting Member
« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »

I know you are far from this but 10/08 I had a successful implant and now have a normal sex life. Surgery is always the last option.
IMHO get him on Old Mans VED exercise as soon as possible. This should help keep his penis healthy and keep size loss to a minimum.
With his sex drive down he should have his testosterone checked. Not just total but all the most important testosterone is the bioavailable, disregard the total T the bio should be at least 70% of the upper range of the lab.
I know this may be too much information all at once. Just encourage him to have sex as much as possible, sex is not defined as penis in vagina there are many ways to have sex, use your largest sex organ The Brain.
You are a long way from where I started. The other important advice I can give you is not to try shots in the penis for ED, that is what caused my corporal fibrosis.
Good Luck, there are many here that are willing to help. Peyronies is different for all of us. FYI I am 66 now.
Jackp

Is increasing size or girth a possibility and to what extent with an implant or is it only to get rid of the bend and make it stable for intercourse?

LWillisjr

• Administrator
  • 62 y/o - 10 yrs Peyronies free
    • My Peyronie's Story
« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2017, 06:07:07 PM »

jackP hasn't been on the forum for awhile. There are others though that have had implant surgery. I believe in some cases some length and girth can be regained. You might check in the 'surgeries' section for some of these responses.
Les - 10 yrs Peyronies Disease free
My History

james1947

• Major Contributor
  • Age 70. Peyronies from January 2009
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2017, 06:58:03 AM »

HFB

You may want to checkout:
FrankTalk
FrankTalk is a serious website dedicated specially to ED including thousands posts regarding implants

James

KikiO

• PDS Newbie
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »

My husband of 10 years just had his first injections yesterday. He is in pain and feeling so down. I urged him to join this group, but he didn't want to admit that he needs help. I miss his old 'self' too, but how can I help him know or believe he is loved just the way he is? If he doesn't believe it himself... Any thoughts on what you, if you're a man, wish your significant other had said while you were going through treatment? Whats the best support a wife can offer? Thanks for any advice....

Stabler67

• Global Moderator
  • God made us all different for a reason. Age 48
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2018, 06:22:20 PM »

Hello Kikio,

Welcome to the forum, has your husband done any other treatments? When you say that he cant admit he needs help can you explain that more... He is getting the injections (Xiaflex I assume) so it sounds like medically he knows he needs treatment and if he is getting injections then he must be seeing a urologist that is at least knowledgeable about Peyronies. It will be good for you to hear from the men in this forum to help you understand what kind of support your husband may need or how to help him understand you are there for him.

It is good that you have told him about the forum, there is a great support system here for him if he becomes interested. Maybe if he knows that he can just browse the forum without having to post that might help him.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Stabler67
Life is what you make of it, make it the best life possible...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up