Downward Congenitale Penile Curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

M

Hello,

(I'm not sure if i should post this here or on the introduce yourself thread.)

I'm 20 years old and live in the Netherlands.
I've got a 60 degrees downward congenitale penile curvature.
All my life i have been extremely insecure and shy towards girls.
I actually never had intercourse or even a girlfriend.
The last years i blamed my curvature for this,
but i know i was like this even before i realized that something was wrong with my penis.

Two weeks ago I finally had the guts to go to an urologist.
He told me that I had to have surgery.
I would probably lose around 2 cm of length and also my forskin. (why?)
And there was a change that i would temporary lose some or most feeling.

I said i needed some time to think about it, so we made a new appointment (25-03-13).
When i was back home, i began to search on the internet some more than i already had done.
Eventually i found this forum, it helped me allot, but also gave me more questions.

First of all, i read that there are allot more side effects than that my doctor said.
I read allot about swellings, (small) remaining or opposite curvatures, allot more loss of length, twisting, etc
Why do i read so much disappointing stories (on the congenitale curvature thread)?.
How big is the chance of me getting these complications?

I also wondered why so many people go to an surgeon in foreign countries.
In the netherlands we've got quite a good healthcare system. My insurance will cover the cost of the operation.
And in most of the hospitals they can treat me. But i never read about a doctor in the Netherlands.
Why shouldn't i do the operation in my own country?

And finally; how long can't I go to work, and play soccer, etc...

I guess i should have asked my urologist more.
But at that moment my emotions got to me.

I'm sorry for the long story.
But i wanted to get everything out.
The problem is that I'm hoping, that if the operation is an success, i would get just a bit more confidence.
But I'm just so afraid that i won't like the end result, and that i become even more insecure.

M

Thank you for your reaction.

Are there maybe some other promising procedures what closer to home?
Because i just don't have the resources to go all the way to Egypt for such kind of operation.

And how is it exactly possible that curvature comes back after an Nesbit procedure?
I don't have peyronie, so there isn't any scar tissue that can make it worse again.

Has anyone had a good experience with an nesbit procedure to straighten an Congenitale Penile Curvature?
The doctor made it sound so simple...
But I just don't know it anymore, I was quite certain to go for the Nesbit technique, but now

wkurtka

I will also have nesbit surgery in summertime and i also wonder how it is possible that curvature comes back after nesbit procedure? It is impossible cos taking a ventral curvature into account your upper part of tunica is shortened in order to be aligned to the lower one. then everything should be fine cos corpus Cavernosum doesnt change its geometrical dimensions. and the penis length after nesbit equals the length of the lower part of the penis. this means the length of the penis would be such as if you straightened it "by force". am i right people?

cheers

Hawk

I would suggest that there is some exaggeration about problems with the Nesbit procedure.  If you have a very good surgeon that has done several hundred of these it is rare to have the surgery fail and end up with a significant curve.  Also, the only loss of length is that the long side of your penis is shortened to the length that the short side is already.  

I am not sure if this is misunderstanding and patients buying into propaganda by surgeons trying to sell their variation of the technique.  Hopefully it is not deliberate misleading of patients.  The key is always get a surgeon that is very good and who does several of these every month with a high satisfaction rate.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Tim_B

hi guys
i read your comments and i have to agree with hawk that it is important to find a urologist who specializes in this kind of surgery... but i disagree regarding the comment on nesbit. nesbit is old fashioned and has proven side effects, mainly penile length loss. i know several (lets call them) colleagues that had a nesbit procedure and the lost significant length.
i would never recommend anybody a nesbit procedure.

there are several modifications of the original technique. you can find them in the forum. i had my surgery done by Dr Kuehhas, an austrian urologist. he and Dr Egydio published their so called STAGE technique recently.

i can fully recommend him and the technique. recently they have launched a website with patient friendly information. i think you should look at it before you decide what to do:

www.acpct.com

at the end of the day you need to find somebody who is familiar with our problem, no matter of which country the physician comes from.

i hope i could help you
yours
tim

wkurtka

Hi
Tim_B the procedure you underwent is exactly modified nesbit procedure where only the upper part of tunica is excised ! But it is still nesbit procedure and there is no difference in shortening in both nesbit (where the whole part of tunica is excised) and modified nesbit. the only difference is shorter recovery period cos corpus Cavernosum remains unveiled and therefore swelling of penis after surgery is lesser. Im going to have my penis done the same way as you had with modified nesbit. There are some other urologists in europe that coworked with Egydio and do it the same way. One of them is Dr Perdzynski from Warsaw, Poland. The cost is about 4000 Euros.

Cheers

Tim_B

perfect. good choice. simple nesbit should not be offered anymore!

Hawk

Simply stated, the short side of the penis is not altered in a Nesbit procedure.  It is not shortened.  
You can not make a penis longer than the short side without a graft.  
Unless you shorten the long side of the penis you still have a curve in any Nesbit procedure.  
The procedure these surgeons employ IS A NESBIT so there is NO difference in shortening.

Their contention that you have a longer penis with them makes me question how honest and forthright they are are in trying to drum up business.

Tim_B

hi hawk
from what i understand, and you cannot deny that is that a nesbit procedure is based on the experience of the surgeon. therefore it is subjective and in many cases you loose a lot of length because you are not correcting the curvature based on any objective basis...

i have had extensive talks about it with dr kuehhas and i underwent surgery. i can tell you one thing, their technique is a modified nesbit technique, but based on geometric principles. they only do selective superficial excisions of the outer layer of the tunica albuginea... since the excisions are only done at the intersection of both penile axis you are being very selective also in the loss of penile length. furthermore he explained me that he always ensures that the chordee is released, ensuring maximum penile length...

wow i am like a lawyer hahahah

please look at

www.acpct.com

everything is explained in detail.

what i wanted to say is that i am fully satisfied with the correction and did not experience any significant loss. my curvature was around 40-50° and ventral.

i agree with you if anybody tells you that you are going to have a longer penis post op it is probably the best sign to run away from this physician. it is not logic...

yours tim

Hawk

I have looked at every page on that site.  Also I DO NOT agree that in many cases you lose a lot of length from a Nesbit since the nature of a Nesbit is to only touch the longest side of the penis.  The short side determines length and the short side is the same as it was unless you have some totally unqualified idiot doing surgery.  

I am very happy you are satisfied and feel a loyalty to defend his statements.  I also understand that you are repeating what you were told by the surgeon advertising on that website.  He is probably a very good surgeon but I seems to me that he is hyping his Nesbit procedure somewhat by making inaccurate statements about the Nesbit done by other skilled penile surgeons.  

Hawk

PS to my last post. what does this mean?
Quotehe always ensures that the chordee is released, ensuring maximum penile length..

I do not know what "the chordee" is.  To me chordee is a condition that causes the penis to bend downward but it has nothing to do with Peyronies Disease

Tim_B

hawk, i have seen and talked to several urologists about my problem. with most i had the feeling that they did not know much about CPC. in some cases i even had the feeling that i knew more about studies than them. that means, yes of course there are some complete idiots operating CPC, and i think this should be made clear since many patients are out there seeking help and advice.

personally i think you have to get the treatment by someone who has a high number of cases to ensure best possible results.

chordee has nothing to do with Peyronies Disease. i am talking about CPC. in many cases CPC patients also have a chordee that aggravates the CPC condition.
i was told that it is important to release this tight layers (chordee) to ensure maximum elongation of the penis and consequently ensure minimal length loss during surgery. which was the case with me.

the forum is full of posts on nesbit... i do not talk bad about the technique at all. i just summarize peoples opinions and available literature that i have read prior.

at the end everybody has to make his own decisions on which technique he accepts for operation.

wkurtka

Do you people know how many surgeries Dr Kuehhas does per one year? And Tim, by chordee you meant the downward curvature of the glans only? or does it refer even to the curvature in the middle of the penile shaft?

Regards

Tim_B

i was told that chordee is a tightness of the dartos layer. one of the layers below the skin...
i do not know how many cases he performs, sorry...