trying to work out what length i will lose from nesbitt procedure?

Previous topic - Next topic

NGJ

they say theres a certain degree of length loss but because of the curve i find it difficult to measure accuratly (curves up and back towards chest) what i will have after the surgery. also i don't knowmuch about congenital curvature but it seems that my penis is longer after ejaculation (mesuring just after it is no longer fully erect)?. its embarrasing but i'd like to work out whether or not to actually have the surgery before i go to uni. any thoughts on how to calculate everything?

Hawk

I am not an expert on this but I think it is safe to suggest that your length after the procedure would be pretty close to your bpsfl.

With bpsfl you are measuring the straightened length of your penis as limited by the the short side.  In other words the short side is pulled tight and the length of that short side will not change from the Nesbit.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Norm

A doctor that I read commented on that question. He said that you have already lost the length to Peyronie's. The surgery won't make it any shorter than your now existing short side. Makes sense.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

LWillisjr

Norm,
That is an interesting observation. And I think entirely depends on how one measures themselves. For example, if someone was 6 inches prior, and now has a curve, it could be that if you measure along the side outside the curve that you could still measure 6 inches. But since you aren't straight, it really becomes quite a challenge to say what is correct or not. But for those who don't want to admit to losing length, then we might measure along the long curved side and hang on to that belief that we are "still 6 inches". When in fact the Peyronies has done its damage on the shorter side already. Nevertheless, a Nesbit procedure will shorten the long side to match the other side in order to straighten the erection. So one could argue that it really isn't clear on when the shortening happened. With the Peyronies, or with the surgery.

I'm with Hawk (again) on this one. Using BPSFL technique to take length measurements will tell the real story.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History