Bulbous like swelling, resembles hematoma

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyBob2

Last week I felt that I was making progress.  The lump with it's rigid edge seemed to get much more flexible/pliable.  Girlfriend came home for the weekend.  We had sex on Friday night.  By Sunday I was somewhat in pain, overall just feeling miserable.  I had a lot of discomfort in my groin and a sharp paint from near my pelvis down into scrotum.  The scar tissue "lump" seems far more flexible but it has grown.  There is a narrow extension along the dorsal veins and the lump appears to have extended from the right side over to the left side with a "hot" nodule deep into the base of my penis.   What is really even more bothersome is that on the right side, along the shaft where it goes under the pubic bone there is a definite bulge that is soft very much like a bag or hematoma some 2 inches long.   I'm hoping that I know better but after mentioning this to my urologist and the nurses who interviewed me they seemed to totally dismiss it.  I just hope that I know better than to get a needle and syringe to attempt to drain this just to see what's in that sack/bulge.  Anyone else experience this?  Know what it is?  Know what I'm talking about?   I'm suspecting that blood or "whatever" was backed up in this "lump" and when it's containment gave way the fluids collected in this sack which has a mild throbbing pain.  It's appearance was at the same time in concurrence with the extension of the original lump.  As for me experimenting on myself... it would take a heck of a lot of frustration to go that far and I don't think I've ever done that before... usually have a pretty cool head about things.
    Since I do have a home blood pressure monitor I've been keeping a close eye on bp.  One thing I did note was that over the weekend my bp had climbed to 147/93 which is absolutely the highest I've ever seen it.  Since then it has been as low as 117/74.  Lately a normal reading has been around 130/85 =/- a few points.   Now that I'm on Pentox I'm hoping for much lessening of symptoms and a lower, regular blood pressure.

Norm

I doubt that I can give you any help with your problem, but I notice something you wrote and would like to comment. Never let a medical professional "dismiss" your concerns. They are a paid service provider, not a god. And guess who pays them? You do. You have the right to demand their attention to something that concerns you. If they don't understand this simple relationship, then you need to find another who does. When a doctor dismisses your complaint without any discussion or examination, it's because he doesn't have a clue, so he moves onto another topic that he does know about. Don't let them dismiss you. You are the customer. You are his livelihood.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Hawk

BollyBob2,

I loudly echo what Norm said.

I want to add that what you are describing sounds nothing like a Peyronies related symptom.  My advice is do NOT try to drain it.  Little good will come of that regardless of what it is so contain your curiosity.  Go see you GP and see if he will give an order for a scan.  You need some answer and it is unlikely that any doctor could give you one without some imaging of some sort.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

BillyBob2

I can't help but totally agree with you guys.  Short of screaming at them I feel that paying the very high cost of medical professionals I have every right to expect absolute attention and genuine concern for my ailment.  If they don't know then they should have the integrity to admit that they don't know but at least since I'm paying them to "FIX IT" they should be trying to find out what's going on or send me to somebody who should know what to do next.  Overall, I'd say they were attentive but I felt like I was just another customer at Walmart in the check out line.  I could give a fat rat's patootie about being treated special but my pecker definitely deserves the attention !!!