Uncertain about Verapramil Injections

Previous topic - Next topic

fetus

I have had diagnosed Peyronies Disease for 4 months. Tried Pentox but had complication and hence my doctor said to stop.

Now on only traction for the last 6 weeks, trying to be cautious, but also anxious of seeing results. Have managed over 4 hours daily and more. Not always easy to keep it on. Do manage to have mobility. Not too comfortable at the glands.

Have a curvature of around 45 degrees. I feel I get good erections and have had pleasurable sex --- both for my partner and I.

My URU recommended Verapramil Injections, but I am worried/scared/anxious/and all the rest of emotions.

I have a not matured Peyronie. Get pain when falcid (driving long distances is a killer).  When having sex, have resorted to holding tight around my curve while penetrating (either me or my partner can do this) and if not careful can feel some pain while sex. Oral sex is fine.

I can now feel the bend with my fingers, something that before I don't think I could.

Have not looked carefully at my erection for fear of seeing progression.

Want the injections if they work. Would love a 30-50% of reduction in curvature. But I am afraid they might make things worst.

Currently uncertain of the path I should take.

Life is still good.

Hawk

Fetus,

I have to tell you how much I appreciate you statement "life is still good".  It is heartening to hear someone with a 45 - 50 degree curve prove that life and happiness do not end if your penis is not straight.  I wish guys like you would post a little more in the psychological board.  I know you don't go there because you feel no pressing need but you have something to give.

Now about the VI.  Unlike some treatments that clearly do nothing VI is a mixed bag.  A modest percentage improve by a modest amount, many don't, a small percentage get worse.  Since you seem to have tried the less invasive treatments it is a risk you have to weigh.  One thing is certain however and that is the skill, experience, and record of the doctor are important.  I would not let your local urologist near me with VI.

So your options are to seek out those on the forum that have been helped by VI and see if their doctor is within travel distance for you.  Or wait for Xiaflex, or consider an excellent surgeon.

Good luck on choosing !
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums