How to correctly use traction device

Previous topic - Next topic

Stressed

Hi

Can someone with traction device experience explain what is the correct way to use traction device? my penis bends towards left so should I have more traction on left side so that its stretched more than the right ? or should both sides need to have same traction?

Thanks
Stressed  

LWillisjr

The proper way is to have equal traction on both sides. It can be a challenge to put the device on initially as you will feel like you need more than 2 hands. But after several times you will become proficient at it. You need to compress the device while you strap the head of your penis into the device. Then you slowly release the compressed rods and this will then apply a stretch on the shaft of your penis. These devices come with rod extenders and it is important to get these set to the proper length. For example, if after you apply the device, and release the compression. If you are not getting enough stretch, then the rods are not long enough. And you only need to get a stretch you can comfortably tolerate. As with anything...... don't overdo it.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TraderBill

I am using the device from SizeGenetics to provide straightening.  The product is well made and easy to use but there is no instruction guide.  The product literature describes all sorts of features and the kit contains a lot of parts that I do not understand their function but the basic device is easy to put on and relatively comfortable (as comfortable as you can be when somebody is pulling your penis).

MtnSurf

Quote from: lwillisjr on January 16, 2013, 06:39:39 PM
You need to compress the device while you strap the head of your penis into the device. Then you slowly release the compressed rods and this will then apply a stretch on the shaft of your penis.

I find it very difficult to compress the rods with the base against my pubic bone before I strap the silicone piece down. It also seems very uncomfortable with the base pressing into pubic bone and I have wondered if it's safe to use that way instead of just using the threaded extension only to stretch

Hawk

I don't think you can effectively strap it on with no tension then try to just use the threaded tension rods to apply tension. To do that you will need a shorter extension rod so it will be as short as a longer rod would be when it is compressed.  That means you will have to extend the the threaded rods much further to get tension, exposing a lot of the threads.  Not only is that time consuming, it risks extending them so far they come unthreaded from the base.  Also, the further you expose the threads, the weaker the unit becomes.

The potential consequences of your method are:
Damaged threads
injury if the rod pops off the base
leverage slightly bowing or bending the threaded portion of the rod.

I suggest using a slightly longer rod and compressing it as indicated before you strap in.  After a several sessions it becomes easy.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

skunkworks

Quote from: MtnSurf on February 23, 2013, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: lwillisjr on January 16, 2013, 06:39:39 PM
You need to compress the device while you strap the head of your penis into the device. Then you slowly release the compressed rods and this will then apply a stretch on the shaft of your penis.

I find it very difficult to compress the rods with the base against my pubic bone before I strap the silicone piece down. It also seems very uncomfortable with the base pressing into pubic bone and I have wondered if it's safe to use that way instead of just using the threaded extension only to stretch

I put the traction device in place, then take the head piece off the rods, strap into the head piece, then put the head piece back on the rods and start extending to the desired tension.

Using an extender without springs is not safe.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

LWillisjr

The first few times it wasn't easy. and I was wishing I had 3 hands to get the device on. But after 4-5 times I got to be really good at it. I have the silicon loop in place but loose to make a big enough loop to insert the glans through. I can compress and hold the traction device in place with one hand. And while holding it place the glans through the loop and tighten the strap. Once all is in place then slowly release the tension.

Whatever technique you choose you will get good at pretty quickly.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History