Is this normal during traction

Previous topic - Next topic

panther

I have been using traction about 2 hours a night.  Last night  I noticed that the head of my penis is cold to touch.  I was wondering if this was normal??  Also with the extender pro they recommend that you put more tension on the side of the curve to help straighten it out.  Has anyone done this and if so how do you go about it.  I appreciate the help.

LWillisjr

When I wore the traction device my glans also got cold to the touch. This is because there is little blood flow due to the tension and the way your penis is strapped into the device. This is why all the device manufacturers tell you to take at least a 15 minute break after wearing the device for 2 hours. And don't wear it any longer than 2 hours of constant duration.

There isn't any way to put more tension on one side over the other. The device puts equal tension on both sides. But as one side or area of your penis may have scar tissue over the other, the tension will be greatest around the area of the penis (tunica) that isn't pliable. The main thing is simply to apply tension and log as many hours of wearing the device that you can tolerate.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Hawk

I echo Iwillisjr's comments on both points exactly.  I consider the suggestion of turning the device on putting more tension on one side to be non-sense.  The tension has to focus on the tissue fibers on the shortest side of the penis PERIOD.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

skunkworks

You might be doing the noose up too tight, also are you taking a break at the 1hr mark?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

panther

I am not taking a break at the one hour mark.  

skunkworks

It'd be a good idea then if you did, takes awhile to get used to traction. Just take it off at the hour mark, work a bit of blood back into it, then strap in. You need to do a little experimentation to find the loosest you can leave the noose while still staying strapped in and not losing traction. Just takes a bit of trial and error.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hawk

Also, If you have a VED, light pumping just before and/or right after traction is helpful.  If you can stimulate an brief erection that is probably just as good or better.  It makes sure the tissue is oxygenated right before and after traction.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums