How long do improvements take?

Previous topic - Next topic

panther

I have been using my traction device about 2hours a day for about 2 weeks now.  I thought I would see some improvement.  I still have about a 45 degree bend at the base of my penis.  I am taking pentox and argenine (not sure I spelled that correctly but I think most of you know what I am talking about).  I had to start the treatment out without any extentions because of my flacid length.  Does this have anything to do with the progress?  Any suggestions would be helpful.  We will keep on trying to get better. Hope you all are doing the same.

Hawk

Did you take objective measures before you started traction (bpsfl, erect girth, angle)

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Fubar Penis

Panther and Hawk,

I have the same problem. I can't use mine very long at all because the next day I'm in pain. My biggest problem is my flaccid length too. I have the fastsize(usphysiomed) device and I have 2.5 inches flaccid, so I can't get my head to the very end of the plate. I had to cut my comfort strap into a quarter of it and keep the head of my penis laid out on the back of the front plate, and then put the comfort strap over the shaft of my penis to get it in place, right behind the glands. I can't find anything online about modifying the existing devices to fit a smaller flaccid length. I took it to my uro and showed him what I have to do to use it, and he said he thought that would be fine, but now I'm worried I'll cause more damage using it this way. I wanted to get a veteran's take too before proceeding. The only thing I  have found on this site is how to make it easier to put one on without having to push back so much on the device and hold it in place, but that isn't my problem. I can't get the head of my penis to the very end of the front plate, in order to hang it off the end of the plate, even after squeezing the unit fully  back. The device says it can fit 2 inches flaccid, but there is no no way it can without modification. Any ideas or answers on me using it this way? I can attach a picture of what it looks like if necessary. I want to start using it so I don't lose much in size, because I can't afford to lose more than what I have. I'm only 5 inches erect. I lose anymore and I'll have a baby penis. I have seen that mini support piece for XLABS I believe you have Hawk, and it looks like the mini support device works the same way I'm doing it. It looks like the head of the penis would sit on the plate. I just don't want to give myself some kind of upward curve by sitting for the head of my penis on the plate. I also had to put another set of Springs in it that had less tension since the ones that came with it yanked me too far out.  

dplookin

Fubar Penis.........I am not familiar with the type of traction unit you have.....I use a X4 Labs unit, but do you have the option of using a Tube with Foam for holding your penis on the plate ?  I too lost a few inches and I found that using the Comfort Strap was not going to work.  The end of my penis will reach the end of the plate when stretched out with my hand and then supported with the Tube and Foam.  The end of your penis does not need to go beyond the plate.  Do you have the Tube and Foam Option ?  dplookin  

Fubar Penis

dplookin

I can't get the head of my penis to the two dots at the end of the plate to use the Silicon tubing unfortunately. That is why I have to cut the comfort strap in half and use it in the side slots toward the bottom of the plate; so the head of my penis doesn't go to the very end of the front plate. I can't stretch my flaccid out manually too much since I also suffer from a firm or hard flaccid most of the time. I tried that once and I was in sheer pain for like 3 days.  

dplookin

Fubar Penis.......it sounds like you need the plate that X4 labs has.  It has those holes, or dots in 2 places for shorter penis's.  It has the holes, dots, about 2 inches in, and then also at the end of the plate   These traction devices cost so much money that it makes it almost impossible for most of us to buy more than one....I mean, you probably can't afford to buy a different type of traction device, I guess.  Have you looked at the X4 Labs web site to see what their plate looks like?  dplookin

Knight

I have the x4labs and I was having the exact same issue you are explaining. Before I figured out a solution for myself I did end up paying way too much money and buying the mini support piece they offer. With quick shipping that stupid little piece of plastic cost me $90.00. That is sick.

I'm not using the mini support piece so if you want it let me know what it's worth to you and I
will send it to you. I don't know if it would work on the Fastsize or not.

What works for me is to slightly arouse myself, which naturally increases length and then compress the device all the way so I can work my penis into place. It does take practice, but I bet it will work for you too.

The hard thing to judge for me is how much stretch is enough and how much is too much.

Good luck!

Fubar Penis

Knight,

I found out from someone else that the mini support piece unfortunately won't work with my device. I am also in the same situation as you with the not knowing what is enough or too much tension. I had to also get springs from home depot that has less tension, because the one that came with it hurt me pretty bad when I first tried to use it modified. I also got a medical grade VED to try. What makes me feel the most helpless is that it seems like after just 15 to 30 minutes of traction usage, I am in pain the next day, even with very little tension. Also, after lightly using the VED, like less than the listed protocol, I now have a hard linear band on the top on my penis stretching from the head to the base. I definitely didn't over pump, because when I used it, I only did one or two light pumps to get like a 25 percent erection. So now I'm scared to start using the VED again. I don't know of if this thing is a lymphocele or another scar tissue and I just made my condition worse. Then, if I don't do anything in the acute stage, will my condition get worse? It seems like everyone is in agreement that it will get worse if no traction or VED is done in the acute stages of the disease. This disease sucks on every level!  

KAC

My opinion is that you should pay close attention to your pain especially in the acute phase. If something is painful for me, then I try not to do it.  I assume pain from any kind of stretching indicates inflammation which is the problem we're  trying to combat.  I could be wrong--I'm just putting my opinion out there in case the experts out there have know.  But I never started in any of this in the acute phase.  I think that would have been too unpleasant