SomaCorrect or SomaErect? Augusta Medical Systems

Previous topic - Next topic

ashtown

A couple days ago I ordered a SOMACorrect Xtra Plus with battery from this site iMEDicare and the package arrived a few hours ago. I am a bit perplexed though because there is a small sticker on it that just says SOMACorrect Xtra with the word battery written by hand. The box itself says "SOMAerectStf", however there is some kind of battery device in there and it does contain the 3 separate tubes.

There is all sorts of conflicting paperwork inside mentioning different products but it seems to be from Augusta Medical Systems and it lists their website. I just went there though and there is no mention of a SomaCorrect, so I'm wondering what this is all about and if I've been supplied with something outdated or incorrect. Any thoughts? I remember hearing something about one of their products being withdrawn from the market for some reason.

Thanks

Ashtown  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

Old Man

Ashtown:

Thanks for letting us know that you have received the SomaCorrect VED (same as SomaSTF). OK, first the two VEDs are virtually one and the same. There should be three cylinders marked A = small, B = medium, and C = large. The way they assemble to make up the VED as a unit is like this: mate the A inside the B and mate both inside the C cylinder to make up the three cylinder model. Then mate all three to the pump assy. with the small end of the cylinders attaching with tabs in the cylinders to the pump tabs. However, be careful not to tighten too much or you could break the tabs, etc. The cylinders are made of Lexan and are very durable, but they can break under very severe handling or dropping on say concrete or heavy tile bathroom floors.

You push the sizing inserts into the mouth of the large cylinder so that all three are maintained as a unit. Now you are ready to start practicing how to use the VED. Make sure that you use plenty of lubricant inside the inserts and on up into the small cylinder. It is necessary that you have a slippery surface for your shaft to move into and out of the cylinder without pinching or causing pain or discomfort. Also lubricate your penile shaft well, but be careful not to get any lubricant on the scrotum as it will be drawn up into the mouth of the cylinder(s) and is painful. :o

Strongly urge you to read the protocol for the three cylinder VED in the VED board of the forum home page index. It explains in quite some detail how to use the schedule of cylinders from week one to week 26 of the entire schedule.

I am sure that other questions will arise as you embark on the journey of VED therapy. Don't get over anxious and pump too much pressure, at least until your penis get ''used'' to the additional pressure of the vacuum over that of a natural erection,etc. However, you should observe this rule: if you experience any pain or discomfort to your penis, release the pressure before pumping up again. Since you have the battery powered model, it is best to practice using the switch control so that you know when to release the switch button to avoid over pumping.

I will be very happy to assist you in way in getting started off properly with your therapy. You can use the PM method for any questions you might have that you consider personal for privacy reasons.

You have purchased one of the best medical grade VEDs that money can buy. Use it wisely and you will not regret using the VED therapy. It has worked well for me and many others on and off the forum.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

ashtown

Thanks Old Man, I'm going to print out your comments and study as much as I can tonight with the idea of getting started tomorrow on a first session. At the moment my wife and daughter are at home, so I'd rather do this quietly when there is no risk of being disturbed.

On a side note I tried printing the web page of the 26 week protocol and found the format didn't fit in with a normal printer, so I did a copy paste to a text document and saved it as a PDF which may be of use to others so I've attached it here assuming that is OK but if not one of the moderators can of course delete it or move it to a better place.

Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

ashtown

I managed to have a go with the VED late last night when everybody was asleep and the smallest tube is definitely a tight squeeze, even though I've never had an especially large girth. I am able to insert it with some guidance and plenty of gel but as soon as I apply any vacuum pressure it's crammed up against the sides. There were a couple of moments when I started to feel a little discomfort but it only lasted for a second because I was able to release the pressure OK.

No way could you call it an erection but I've heard that is fairly typical with the smallest tube. It was just pumped up in terms of girth but larger in diameter than it would be with a normal erection. After a few cycles it did seem to gain notably in length a couple of times but shrank back quickly inside the tube and no doubt I need some practice here. This morning I have no pain to show for it and my penis looks like before but the plaque feels quite a bit longer and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Perhaps it is some kind of temporary inflammation.

Having looked at the 26 week protocol it talks about ten cycles of ten seconds, so in theory it can all be done in just over 5 minutes a day. Just recently I've seen roughly an inch of lost length during erections and it actually seems like my penis is shorter when erect than when flaccid most of the time now.

I can see I am likely to go through a lot of gel here if I'm doing this every day. The electric pump seems to work well, though I may have a go with the manual one as well just to see how it goes in comparison. In a way it's easier to manage counted manual pumps to obtain a certain pressure level than pressing a button and guessing.

Old Man

ashtown:

What you are feeling when inserted in the small cylinder is quite normal. This portion of the protocol is purposely designed to confine ones shaft into the straight position in order to help remold its shape with the plague, etc.

So, just keep practicing a few days before embarking on the daily/weekly schedule of the protocol. You will need plenty of lube, but one can use the ultra sound gel or the Walmart or other generic brand lubricant. The Walmart is their Equate Personal lubrication and costs around $2.OO USD and it is water soluble and easy to clean up after each pumping session.

Keep the forum up to date on how your progress is going so we can have the benefit of your success or failure, etc.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

ashtown

We don't have any Walmart stores around here so I'll have to look around and see what I can find but the VED came with a fairly big tube, so I have time now to check out the options for lubes. One important point that I initially missed was the importance of adding lube to the base of the unit otherwise it's just about impossible to achieve a good vacuum pressure.

Using a VED is one of those things that is completely confusing until you've tried it yourself a couple of times and I think that is why new users will struggle at the start, even with a good written explanation. I never knew for example that with a 3 tube setup you actually place one tube inside the other.

The unit itself looks fairly well made, though price wise these guys are definitely milking it because this is not exactly cutting edge technology or difficult to manufacture so I can see why some have a go at making their own if they are mechanically minded or pushed for cash. I was disappointed to see the company behind this product apparently resorting to false claims on this forum as highlighted in this thread https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,300.0.html

Am I reading this right though that it's literally ten cycles lasting just ten seconds each time with a similar time for inflation and deflation? It seems like a very short overall time per day for VED therapy. I know it's a different principal to traction therapy but it's hard to believe that 5 minutes a day is all it takes.

I shall keep posting from time to time with my progress. Having read that vedstudy.pdf report the point I picked up was the sooner you start treatment the more likely a VED is to help and yield positive results.  

Old Man

Ashtown:

First, the link to the post by Comebackid is not stating that Augusta is in anyway a bad company. He is talking about the doctor he got his unit from way back when. Most of the cost of any Augusta medical product is of course the research, setup and manufacturing processes. In the case of their VEDs, the cylinders are made of a good medical grade of Lexan which is very costly. I believe that Lexan is made by the GE company.

Now a few words about the protocol: the cycles mentioned in the three cylinder protocol can be repeated as many times as the individual feels right for him. The number listed was done so to prevent someone from using the VED therapy too long and causing more trauma to their most prized possession! So, you can modify the time limit to suit your special needs, etc. I suggest that for a more normal exercise time that it be limited to the maximum of 30 minutes a day if using one session and 15 minutes if using two sessions per day.

I must remind every one again that overpumping and/or holding the pressure for too long a period can and will cause further trauma, etc. Some doctors recommend holding the pressure for very long periods of time, but IMHO they should try that for themselves to see what they are recommending for their patients. I believe they would quickly change their recommended time limit!!

The protocol may need to be reviewed again to see if there is any correction that need to be made in order to clear up any confusion.

Old Man

ashtown

I was referring to the posting that was later identified by Hawk as coming directly from Augusta. The part where they quote a urologist from Alabama who suggested using their product and how everything was wonderful afterwards. It read like spam and Hawk apparently knew enough about the technical side to show it came from the offices of Augusta themselves. The product may be wonderful but the great thing about this forum is actually the way we manage to keep these kinds of practices down to a very small number.

Regarding the protocol the actual device doesn't come with any information on this at all for Peyronies. Looking on the web page for the 26 week protocol with the medical grade VED it looks like the vacuum can be maintained for anything from 10 to 45 seconds per cycle. I've heard of some doctors talk of maintaining the pressure for a few minutes but I doubt they've ever tried this on themselves. PROTOCOL FOR 3 CYLINDER MEDICAL VED'S, 26 WEEK - Peyronies Society Forums

pless

Quote from: ashtown on October 05, 2012, 11:25:21 AMI've heard of some doctors talk of maintaining the pressure for a few minutes but I doubt they've ever tried this on themselves.

There is one (perhaps only one) published investigation of VED use for Peyronies: "The role of vacuum pump therapy to mechanically straighten the penis in Peyronie's disease", Raheem, et al., British Journal of Urology International, 2010.  Their protocol was: "10 min twice daily... The cylinder was applied to the penis and slowly inflated [sic] until the penis was erect and maintained in this position for 3 min. The vacuum was then released to allow the erection to subside and the process repeated over a 10-min period."

BTW, what is the logic behind "I doubt they've ever tried this on themselves"?  

alfredalfred

I have been stuck in between a rock and a hard place because everyone says with Peyronies Disease erections are important???
waleeed

JasperTJ

Ive been using Traction device for past week. Supplementing, eating super healthy and exercising.
Considering adding VED too.

Can someone help? Ive heard about risk of damage from pump and am nervous, but I see great things about it too. Really need some advice and help here. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I see that the SOMA is a good one to get.

Also, are you guys that are on TD and VED doing shots or other treatments too? Is it dumb to skip the shots and try these things first??
HELPPPPP.

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

charlie74

Is VED safe to use in the acute phase? I'm a year into this and what started as a little dorsal BB bump under the skin has turned into a 45 degree upward curve and mine is evolving daily it seems, its changing, today there is a dent and I may have bottlenecking right below the dent. I think I've read on here that VED is good for dents and bottlenecking.