News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

My introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePerfectMelody

Hello everyone,

Well, first off I'll go by the name Melody here. Here's my story of living with P.D.

I've had Peyronies Disease for as long as I can remember. I'm 27 now and I can remember noticing a curve as young as 13. It was slight at first but progressed as I grew older. I can remember really noticing the curvature at the age of 16. I was 16 when I got my first girlfriend and became sexually active.  It was difficult to have sexual intercourse because of the bend. The angle was also painful for my girlfriend during intercourse.

I was very ashamed of my member and it caused me a lot of anxiety and depression. My girlfriend was very accepting and kind, but I was still very troubled. I felt like less of man for not being able to perform the way I was "supposed" to and that caused other problems like performance anxiety, which made things worse. I was too ashamed to open up to anyone about it other than my girlfriend and two close friends.

Being a young and foolish man, I decided after high school that I wanted to explore the world of dating, which had been limited to my one and only girlfriend. We broke up after I graduated right before I went to college. I was excited at the prospect of dating at first, but I then had to face up to the harsh reality of having Peyronies Disease coupled with ED. I couldn't be like the "other" guys that I thought could date so casually. This rift between who I wanted to be- a young college student looking to have fun with girls- and what I was faced with caused me a lot of turmoil. By the end of college, I ended up much worse off than I started psychologically. Sure, I graduated and had made some great friends and had some good experiences, but I also had dug myself into a deep depression and used alcohol and drugs to self-medicate. In retrospect, having Peyronies Disease and the self-consciousness it caused coupled with the remorse of losing someone who cared for me deeply was too painful. I tried to cover up my problems by abusing substances, which just made it worse.

I finally at 22 could not take living in my secret misery any longer. I had to reach out for help; so I told my parents about what I was going through. They were very supportive and started working with me to get help for my Peyronies Disease. I saw a urologist in 2006/2007, a Dr. Shepard in Riverside, CA. He referred me to Dr. Lue at UCSF in San Francisco so that he could perform a procedure: I can't remember it exactly, but it could be called the 8 point dot procedure. Dr. Lue performed the procedure in 2008, which basically involved inserting surgical sutures that pulled back my penis in a certain area to reduce curvature. Dr. Lue and Dr. Shepard are both very good doctors and I would recommend them to anyone who lives in California.

I can say that I regained a lot of lost confidence after the surgery; I felt like I had a second chance at having a sexual future. Although, the surgery was not perfect-I still have quite dramatic curvature and some ED- I am so much better off mentally than I was. Having positive results from the surgery relieved a huge burden off my shoulders. I've been intimate with two partners since the surgery and have had successful, enjoyable intercourse.

Before the surgery the idea of telling a new partner about having Peyronies Disease used to fill me with dread. However, I've learned from experience that most, if not all women, don't find it to be a big deal at all. So, now and in the future I just see it as having something a little peculiar that makes me stand out. Don't get me wrong; I don't go shouting up and down the street that I have Peyronies Disease to everyone; but I'm not against the idea of sharing the information with someone who I trust.

Anyways, that's my story. Looking forward to meeting you guys here on the forum.

Melody

newguy

Thanks so much for joining in order to post such a story of hope. Many of those with such improvements simply do not go out of their way to tell other men that there is light at the end of the tunnel. As it happens, the early part of your experience mirrors mine, in that I began to notice a curve at a young age, and it appears to worsen over an extended period of time. Thankfully, I have been gradually making improvements via treatments suggested here, and with my current traction regimen, I'm hoping to have that final push that will put this concern behind me once and for all. I probably would've gone the surgery route myself, but the strength of my erection without ED drugs is quite variable, and I really don't want to do anything that could potentially make that problem worse.

Hawk

Good story.  Thanks for sharing it.  I will move this to our board title "Accounts of Improvement. in a day or two.  I am sure it will give hope to others.

I am interested if a few points.  Did Dr. Lue diagnose you with Peyronies Disease and if so what do you think triggered it at almost a record young age?  Do you recall any memorable injury?  Could it have congenital curvature that just became progressively more obvious as you grew and matured thru puberty?

Also would you say the surgery reduced your curve by 50%, more, or less?

Thanks again

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums