ARCHIVE: Verapamil - Injections & Topical Applications including Iontophoresis

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

Note to all:

If I were you guys, I would think twice before using TV for congenital curvature. I see no possible way that it change that curve in any manner. Others can prove me wrong and post examples of that occurring. The cost of this medication is very high and with little possible results would not be cost effective IMHO.

I know of very few, if any, that have had any success with TV for Peyronies Disease. Some have had success with the injections though.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Tim468

Topical Verapamil is hypothesized to act by an effect on abnormal collagen. I see no reason it should work on normal tissue that is slightly different in tension/length for other reasons (ie you were just born with a slight asymmetry).

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

j

wayne999, unless your insurance company will cover it, that's going to be a mighty expensive placebo.  TV is claimed to increase the natural production of collagenase, which in turn is supposed to attack Peyronie's collagen.  I have no idea why it would be prescribed for a congenital curvature.  You'll have no trouble finding posters - like myself - who spent over $2K on that stuff on the recommendation of a urologist and saw absolutely no effect on Peyronie's disease.

Dale

Can really say whether or not it was the TV, but I last posted a 30deg bend back in May.
I stopped the TV a couple of months back mainly because I was just tired of applying it, but
regardless, I  am now 15deg which is tolerable. A huge difference than 50deg I was a year ago.
There is hope in some cases.

Grant

I've had 5 injections of Verapamil (every 2 weeks), and have noticed no change in curvature yet. The only thing I have noticed is a greater sensitivity on the tip of my penis-very similar to when then disease started to take full effect. Has anyone else had the same experience? I told my uro, he said that it means the injections are starting to work, but I honestly don't believe that to be true.

LWillisjr

Grant,
I had 6 Verapamil injections. I took pictures (actually my wife did) before and during the treatments to track and monitor any progress. After 6 injections my uro and I agreed that there was no improvment. If  there had been any improvment, he would have proceeded with another series of 6 injections. But since it wasn't working, then we pursued another form of treatment. The VI's didn't work for me.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Tim468

august

I dont know if I've posted on this topic before or not.

But .... I successfully used TV treatments a few years ago.   Reduced my curvature from 45 degrees to about 15 degrees and it has not changed since.    I went to Dr. Fitch, the doctor who did the original TV tests.   I haven't seen him since finishing my treatment 2-3 years ago.

Iceman

is TV available only in the states???

bodoo2u

Can anyone tell me the cost of Topical Verapamil? The Web site doesn't mention the cost. I don't have insurance and I'm considering asking a doctor to prescribe it for me, after I read up on it a bit more.

Maybe a doctor will be more willing to prescribe it than they are in prescribing Pentox.

Old Man

bodoo2u:

You should go back and read all the posts under the verapamil topic about its pros and cons. There is very little evidence that it helps for the majority of users. Some have had good luck with its use though. There are a few posts that list the success some guys had, so be sure to read those and maybe give the users a PM to get their background on how it worked for them.

It is quite an expensive medication and usually requires a long term usage as I understand it. So, maybe some who have used it can come forward and give you an idea of what the cost may be.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Steve

boodoo2u:

I tried TV for about 6 months with absolutely no results.
As to the price...I found a local 'compounding pharmacy' who would prepare the TV themselves rather than order from PDL.  It was MUCH less expensive, and covered by my insurance for a $20 co-pay.
The caveats being that it probably wasn't the exact formulation that PDL makes so perhaps that's why it had no effect (although personally, I doubt that) and the other being that PDL has a patent on TV, so if I told you my pharmacy, they could probably get into a lot of trouble!

Like OldMan said, read all the posts on TV (and the survey that was done on the injections too) so you can draw your own conclusions about TV's effectiveness...no one here can (or will) tell you that it absolutely does or does not work.

Steve
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

ggg953

Gentlemen,  have been using topical Verapamil for 1.5 months now- very expensive and all that. Does anyone have any particular feeling about applying heat after its use. I have been using a hot water bottle every night for 15 to 30 min before bed. It gets hot, then a little "stingy" at which point I remove, let cool and then reapply... I have had what old man describes as a mild case of Peyronies Disease for 2.5 months.

Best,
G

BigTex

???

Wow,

How frustrating.   I was diagnosed with peyronies this past month (have had it for 6 months) and my doctor pretty much told me I would most likely just have to live with it.  My curviture is slight and defect is primarily more of an indention that anything causing painful erections.   He presribed the PDLabs Topical Verapamil which cost around $700.00 for a 3 months Rx.   They informed me treatment typically would last for about 1 year.   Most of the posts I have found are not leaving me with a lot of optimism concerning this product.   I happened on this website and forum doing some research tonight am overwhelmed with all the comments and information.   I hope to find and report success with something someday.    

j

8 months - insurance paid nothing - absolutely no effect.   I threw the last tube away.
There's nothing left to say about TV or PDL that hasn't been said many times over.   What's going on is pretty obvious.

McNally

Study finding no statistically significant improvement with intralesional verapamil treatment. (only the abstract unfortunately)

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m4363161q075326p/

McNally

PS I hope this is the correct procedure to post this type of information.

ComeBacKid

J and I did a report on PDL labs, I don't know where hawk has put it but a hyperlink to it might be helpful for newer people.  Whatever happened to PDL labs?  

ComeBacKid

"Uncontrolled studies have suggested that up to 60% of patients can be helped with verapamil injections. "

This was in the paper to the canadian medical society in the link posted by hawk regarding Dr. Levine and verapamil injections.  Where are all these studies?  Based on our PDS survey the success rate from verapamil injections was VERY low.  I just simply don't believe this statistic.

Comebackid

LWillisjr

I think Tim has cautioned us all before about interpretting data from surveys on this forum. It is uncontrolled. What I mean is that maybe the ones that the VI helped didn't come back for some reason. There are some success stories on this forum but you would think there would be more. So I would be cautious about basing opinions on surveys. I would think there would be more positive responses to support the medical findings. But I have to believe the medical studies are done in a much more controlled way.
My History

Believer

Guys,

I'm seriously considering VI. My doc, unlike Levine, promises to use a small needle that should not cause bruising and/or trauma. I'm thinking of doing them every other week, to let the area heal between each injection. I also think that wearing FastSize between injections could allow the drug to work itself in better.

Anyone else considering the same?

wheat16

My husband had his first VI last week. He is being treated by Dr. Morgenthaler in Boston. Dr. M reportedly told hubby he would be publishing a new study soon that demonstrates the injections work but not the topical application. Hubby had tried the cream as recommended by another urologist for 2 months.  My husband had done some research and found Dr. M. After one visit with him (so much more thorough than other urologists) he decided to follow his advise. Dr. M also discovered my husband has low testosterone and that is being worked up as well for potential treatment.
In terms of the injection, he said "it wasn't bad" - had a shot of novacaine first. The needle was small but was used in several places. He was tender that day but resumed sexual relations two days later (so it couldn't hurt that much!).  His shots are scheduled every 3 weeks. I hope it offers improvement for him. I'll keep you posted on his progress.

LWillisjr

wheat16,
Thanks and keep us updated. Several studies have been published indicating some success with the verapamil injections. We just can't seem to find anyone personally who has a positive experience to share. I had a series of 6 injections and didn't have any problems, but also did not see any improvement. My experience was the same as far as the pain during the injections themselves was tolerable, some bruising later in the day. And pretty much back to "normal" a day or so later.
My History

Believer

I am considering VI. Appointment on Thursday for the first shot.

My doc will use a thin needle. I asked Dr. Levine about the risks of VI making things worse and he said that he injected over 1,000 men with a 25 gauge needle, and only 6% got worse. He also told me that during the treatment, the plaque will seem as if it is becoming larger - he said not to worry about that.

Finally, he strongly suggested using traction while being treated with VI.

I'm still worried about the 6% given the negative feedback on this forum, but I think I will go for it.

LWillisjr

Believer,
I'm a patient of Levines. And he did my injections. Yes the plaque did seem like it got larger at first but then would reduce back down. As with ANYTHING there is a risk. But if you take absolutely no risk, then you will sit around and do nothing, and still have Peyronies Disease 20 years from now. The 6% is a risk, and of the other 94% we don't know how many actually benefited from the injections. And evidently few if any of them are on this forum. The injections did not help me, but did NOT do any additional damage.
My History

Believer

Well guys, wish me luck. I took the plunge and had my first Verapamil injection today. To some it's old news, but for me, Verapamil is the "Obama" of Peyronies Disease treatments at the moment.

One down, five to go.

The doctor used a very thin needle and no anesthesia. Overall, the pain was truly minimal, but it was still a displeasing experience. Though to be very honest, if I knew for 100% that these injections will cure Peyronie's, the pain associated with the injection was comparable to eating vanilla ice cream in an amusement park on a hot summer day. It's really the fear of "doom" that makes Verapamil injections displeasing.

For those interested in details, I felt sharp pain for 1-2 seconds when the needle pierced the hard plaque. Then the needle was moved out and pushed back in again. That's when I again felt the sharp pain for 1-2 seconds. The whole injection took 1.5 minutes at the most.

It's been about 3 hours now, and so far, thankfully, I see no reason to be alarmed.

I plan to use the FastSize actively, in addition to Pentox and L-Arginine which I've already used for nearly a year.
I had Peyronies Disease for 3.5 years, 45 degree bend with a twist at the present time. Minimal calcification.

I pray for the chance to deliver you good news as I move forward.

Believer

LWillisjr

Believer,
That is Levine's suggested treatment....  Verapamil, traction, and Pentox.  It is th combination that he says more than 50% of his patients respond favorably too. I hope it works for you.
My History

Dale

It's was last May when I posted a reply on the site and at that time I said I would keep everyone informed on the progress. Based on actual photos, I started with a 50deg bend and with 7 months of TV, vitamen E and one month supply of herbal treatment of PyroTab (I was desperate but not stupid enough to order 2 or more months) improved to 30deg.

I continued the TV for a couple of more months till I was 20deg and even without the medication, I am now at 10deg which is only a slight curvature to the left; I believe that was normal before the injury and really don't anticipate any additional correction. Based on what I am reading on this site, I believe the medication might have helped speed up the healing process, but either the body will heal itself or it won't. The good news is that the elastic membrane which is damaged by scar tissue can return to normal in some people, science needs to find a way to make that possible in all people. Big problem and very little action by the medical profession.

newguy

Dale - It's very heartening not only that you showed such a dramatic improvement, but also that you took the time to come back and tell us about it. Maybe this should be moved, or duplicated in the 'improvements' thread.

I suspect that launching into a regime early on was of some help to you, but like you say it probably has as much to do with your individual chemistry. I'll be glad when we one day have a greater understanding of the processes at work, and how to achieve these kinds of improvements across the board.

ComeBacKid

Dale,

Congrats on your improvement!  We've had very few if anyone see any results from TV, J and I wrote a report on the medication, its under the main topics section.  We had so many people who saw no results , many questioned whether the verapamil was even delivered deep enough to work...

Comebackid

YoungOne

If someone could please help me who has experienced Verapamil Injections it would be greatly appreciated. I injured my penis 4wks ago resulting in a plaque at the tip of my penis. Today, at the doctor, he said he if he were I, he would go ahead with verapamil injections to possibly avoid any future complications from the plaque (scar tissue) hardening. He said bruising would occur from the injections and that there would be swelling from the injection of lidocaine.

Well, Im freaking out right now. There is black and blue ugly bruising on the top of my penis and it is really swollen at the tip(site of injections). In addition there is bruising along the upper half, right side of my shaft. I have a large vein on the top of my penis. Is the doctor supposed to avoid veins on the injection or inject into the vein? will this bruising ever go away? what about the swelling? thanks in advance, I appreciate any help. I am only 22.

cowboyfood

YoungOne09,

I have not had Verapamil injections, but many others have; some with, some without success.  I've read the posts and it sounds to me like swelling/bruising is NOT an unusual result from injections to the penis.  

Search the forum, maybe with the term "injections."  Several forum members are participating in a test for a promising new drug that is administered via injections.  Some have experienced bruising and swelling.

Also, you might contact the physician's office and inquire about your concern.

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

ohjb1

This is a response to youngone 09.  I have had both Verapamil injections and am in the Xiaflex study. Bruising is very common from penile injections, swelling less so, but not unusual.  Considerable soreness also occurs often.  You should experience considerable improvement in all symptoms within 3-6 days based on my experience.  

If these symptoms are all you have to experience, but result in plaque and curvature reduction, consider yourself very fortunate.  Good luck!        

LWillisjr

YoungOne,
I also have had the injections. I'm in total agreement with the prior posts. You can relax. What you are experiencing is natural. Call the doctors office for confirmation if it helps ease your questions. I had 6 Verapamil injections. After the first one I learned to take an ice pack with me each time for the subsequent injections. After each injection I went home and sat on ice. I still had bruising for several days following each one.

I believe the doc avoids arteries and veins. They want the Verapamil to stay at the site so it has a chance to work. putting it in an artery would cause it to be carried away too soon. The injections can be pretty rough. I had more pain with the 2 lidocaine injections that preceded each Verapamil injection. Once the lidocaine kicked in then I felt little pain after that. But the Verapamil is usually done with a larger gauge needle and somewhat invasive, therefore all the bruising.
My History

YoungOne

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up having a panic attack from the black and blue swelling and numbness the night of the injections. But, the numbness and swelling is gone and now its just the bruising. I figure it will get  better over time. I am debating whether to go through with my next two treatments, the bruising is almost more troublesome for me than the actual problem. I guess I will decide when I go back in two weeks. I may opt for the verpamil injection with no lidocaine. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced (the injections were right below the head, where there are the most nerves).  But, the doctor seems intelligent and optimistic that It may help, given that my injury only happened a month ago. I will keep you posted.  

YoungOne

Given my circumstances: 23 years old, tramua induced scar tissue nodule below head of penis that happened 4wks ago, should i continue with verapamil shots? the reason I went ahead and got the first shots was the doctor said he would do it if he was in my position to avoid possible future complications. the thing is, I dont really have a bad bend (other than my natural curve to the left that ive had forever). the scary issue for me was painful erections and the hinge like feeling at the tip. Im thinking maybe I should just take lots of vitamins and continue to seek his advice as he is young and very smart. but, like i stated earlier, i do not know if i can deal with the gnarly bruising at this stage of my life.

LWillisjr

Whether you continue with the injections is up to you. You will get mixed opinions from people here. But make your decision based on input form your doctor and what you are trying to achieve long term.

Don't make the decision based on the bruising. And the bruising is likely caused by the Verapmil site, and not so much the lidocaine. The VI injection is more invasive. If you continue with the injections, get the lidocaine. If not, they will need to strap you down on the table. And about halfway into the VI you will wonder why in the world you didn't get the lidocaine first. That is if you haven't passed out from the pain first    ;D    ;D     ;D
My History

atchoum

Hi :)
It has been a while since the last time I posted https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,27.0.html,
Then, I promised I would let the people know about the efficiency of the verapamil,  but did not, sorry about it... (on my behalf I was also waiting to have a little to say about it... as a matter of fact now I do...)
So far I have had about 7 injections of verapamil/isoptine (approx.once a month, each time in a different plaque) here (France) Verapamil goes by 5 mg/2ml per phial, so it's approx. 3 phial per injection (15mg/6ml)...
It does have an effect on me, each time it has softened the plaques though it did not make them deasappear totally ( they don't seem like nodosities anymore they feel more flat and more soft)... It has improved  my erections since most of the deformations of my penis reduced (I don't have a real bend so far)... So I am pretty happy with the treatment though I am not has hard as I use to (I mean even after I realized I was suffering from La Peyronie's disease ...)
My Doctor recently prescribed me some Levitra 10mg. I tried it once but did not notice much difference, I shoud do it again see if it improves the recovering of the cavernous tissues...
Conclusion:I do think that in my case the verapamil option is functional, according to the discussion I had with the Dr and to statistics it depends on each case, I don't know how long I am going to have to keep on doing it , I guess until the plaques and the disease totaly vanish and we know that may never happen or stop and start again...
I will let you know what's going on, good luck to you all
Regards,
atchoum

YoungOne

Got my second round of verapamil injections at the uro today. this time without lidocaine. it was painful, but i actually do not remember it being as bad as the first time. I actually have no bruising so far which is cool. last time the bruising was crazy. maybe he was extra careful, hopefully he didnt just do a half a** job so that i would keep coming back. He only injected 4.5ml, i hope that is enough, into my large plaque on top.  

newguy

YoungOne - Ibuprofen would probably be useful too at this time. Not sure that I'd recommend anything else until the course of injections are finished (how many injections do you intend on having). Here's hoping that they help!!

YoungOne

New Guy- I tend to lay off the arginine for a few days because i dont want to increase the circulation. I want the verapamil to stay on site. I was also thinking about laying of ibuprofen for a while for the same reason (its a blood thinner). Basically, think i may stick to vit. e and fish oil for a few days, and then start back up with my multi v, L-arginine, vitamin e cocktail. But this is all just my voodoo treatment. any recommendations welcome. Given my injury only occurred 6wks ago, im optimistic something may help limit the damage i caused and prevent further worsening. My only problems are painful erections, and a lump in the upper third of my penis when flaccid.

sensor9

I am not sure if this is the same but I am on my 10th interferon shot and I see minor improvement in pain.  Th Dr says the blood flow is better and curve decreased but I don't feel better.  And boy I am having a tough time dealing with this

LWillisjr

First I have heard of interferon being used for Peyronies treatment.

Anyone else heard of this?
My History

FWilly

I am a 43-year old man who was diagnosed with Peyronie's in December, 2008, when a small nodule appeared at the base of my penis.  On the advice of several urologists, I did nothing, apart from a course of acupuncture, for a period of three months, during which time I saw gradual increase in plaque distribution.  

After about three months, when a significant plaque formation appeared (which also coincided with a dent in my penis when erect), I found a second urologist who administered a course of 6 Verapamil injections over a period of 12 weeks. On the advice of the injecting urologist, during the course of the injections I maintained as much erection activity as seemed normal.  At the end of 12 weeks the second urologist concluded that the injections had not been effective and advised that I suspend treatment, which I did.

Two weeks after ending the injection treatment, and seven months after the first appearance of symptoms, I started to see an osteopath who believes that the Peyronie's symptoms are caused by inflammation originating in a disk injury in my sacro-iliac joint.  He believes that the immume system overreaction which has caused the plaque buildup will cease if the tissue is not irritated through having erections. He has asked that I refrain from having erections for a period of 3 months of osteopathic treatment to the extent possible.

While I'm concerned about pursuing increasingly "kooky" courses of treatment in reaction to the failure of the injections, I'm willing to pursue the course of exercises and adjustments provided by the osteopath on the "can't hurt" theory of alternative treatments.  However,, I'm concerned about the impact of avoiding erections for this 3-month period.  

Because erections produce soreness for me, I'm open to pursuing this course, but, conventional wisdom (including most opinions in these posts) hold that the more erections, the better.  I'm afraid that the osteopath's belief that erections alone cause the minute tissue damage that creates the immune overreaction and the fibroblast-plaque cycle is wrong, and that avoiding erections will result in further calcification and something called "penile shrinkage" (which I don't know what is, but, it sounds scary!)

So:

1.   Does anyone have any specific experience with avoiding erections during the developmental stage of Peyronie's?  Is this time critical to avoiding penile shrinkage, or, are there not likely to be serious consequences from a set period of this length?
2.   If I do engage in erections, does anyone have suggestions for avoiding consequential pain, other than Advil?  I've found Advil to be moderately helpful when I have soreness when flaccid, which is fairly often, although I've also found deep breathing to be helpful.
3.   Are there any studies relating stress to Peyronie's incidence and resolution?  The osteopath is also adamant that relaxation and less stress (be it in the form of hot baths or salubrious emotional environments) is key to preventing Peyronie's and creating a turnaround.  So, I'm curious about factors like habitation, environment, work, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts and help.  I recently discovered the forum and really appreciate the opportunity to hear others' experiences and try to find the right way forward.

Hunter

Erections Versus No Erections

Quote1.   Does anyone have any specific experience with avoiding erections during the developmental stage of Peyronie's?  Is this time critical to avoiding penile shrinkage, or, are there not likely to be serious consequences from a set period of this length?

To FWilly:
There seems to be a wide divergence of opinion on this but I think it
comes down to the type of injury you have. Mine was from a significant internal tear and every erection I had caused more damage of tissues which were trying to heal. I chose to try to suppress erections with several herbal products; Chaste Tree Berry tincture and Licorice tincture, both of which are reputed to decrease libido. I also took some Valium for a few weeks to help sleep through the night. There are other natural sleep remedies such as Melatonin but I found this increased my dream activity and was working against my attempts to keep from getting aroused. For pain I mostly took natural pain reliever products containing corydalis (don't know if it's OK to mention brand names on this forum.) You can contact me for more info if you want it.

The downside of not having erections is decreased blood flow to the injured tissues and this is where the pro-erection folks have a good point to make. A low oxygen environment is more apt to produce more scarring in my opinion. This is one way in which a pharmaceutical product like pentoxafilline (Trental) can help. By decreasing the viscosity of blood it enables more blood with higher oxygen carrying capacity to circulate through the injured areas. It can perhaps accomplish the same thing as erections without the damaging side effects for the subset of people who need to be concerned about this.
Pentox itself may have some side effects, especially for people who have trouble with theophylline type drugs so check this out with your doctor. I resisted taking it for a few months because of this reaction but find that it seems to cause much less of a problem than I thought it would. I did have increased scarring and shrinkage during the last couple of months before beginning Pentox so can't really say that what I've done is the right way to go. I'm only offering some options for consideration. There's a lot of trial and error in all of this.  Hunter

ocelot556

I've read that interferon has been used - mostly referenced in abstracts and studies of other drugs, which have occasionally listed interferon with verapamil as drugs that have been reported to help, but not proven to help in full studies.

Tim468

Your osteopathic physician is speaking through his hat. That is utter nonsense that is not supported by one shred of experimental evidence, nor is it supported by the experience of men here (or elsewhere).

For some of us (but not most), erections can induce pain that seems terrible, and it is reasonable to try to avoid pain like that (assuming that pain is a signal that something is wrong). But on a simplistic level (and perhaps theoretical level), scarification requires gradual contraction of scar tissue, and stretching that out may help prevent it. It is the experience that stretching out using the VED, traction, or erections, can prevent worsening, and may reverse the contractile properties of these lesions. Additionally, the infusion of blood with an erection may also help.

So for most of us, the main issue is what to do about stretching out the tissue when it is most actively inflamed ("active" state) versus when it is quiescent and non-active. It seems easy to go ahead with a stretching program when things are quiet - more worrisome when they are inflamed.

In some diseases where erectile quality suffers in either quality or quantity (ie diabetes, or post-operative for prostate cancer resection using TURP), Peyronie's is more common. All of these suggest that regular stretching of the tunica should prevent the advancement of Peyronie's Disease and that avoiding erections may enhance progression.

One last note: it is important to avoid trauma during intercourse during this time, IMO. A weak erection due to any cause combined with vigorous sex is a potentially damaging combination of factors that could make things worse. You could perhaps discuss this with the Osteopath, though his willingness to theorize at the potential expense of your erectile function would send me running the other direction. Or you could try to see Dr. Lue or a comparable urologist and get going with traction/VED and Pentox.

Tim

jimifan

Hello All,

I'm a newbie and glad to be here.  I'm encouraged by all the aggressive approaches I've been reading about in your posts.  I haven't read them all, but I've read a lot, including the report on TV, which is of primary relevance to me.  I was diagnosed by my urologist in late June 2009.  My Peyronies first appeared about 18 months earlier.  He explained there is nothing guaranteed and suggested I start by trying TV and gave me a pamphlet from PDLabs, but recommended I buy from Wedgewood Pharmacy.  Having absolutely no knowledge of Peyronies prior to waking into that office, I did what I could and paid a lot of money for three months of TV.  Wedgewood says you aply it twice dailey and take calcium and zinc supplements (for what I have no idea) for 9 to 12 months.  I've been using it faithfully for almost 30 days now.  I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing.  I don't see any improvement and the pain while erect had nearly subsided prior to beginning use.  A dull throb is now present all the time at the site of the plaque.  Having read a lot of posts in the last two days, I've learned that there are dormant periods and active periods.  Is this renewed pain a sign of activation?  Is the plaque increasing when I can feel the pressure/throb when flacid?  Is it the TV working?  This is all so new to me and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge and experience can share with me.  Also, how is Wedgewood connected to the players I read about in the TV report posted by The Comeback Kid, if it is at all?  My urologist wants to see me again in 3 months to see how the TV is doing.

Bobby

jimifan

I just started my second month of TV, twice a day, etc.  Got mine through Wedgewood Pharmacy.  I notice no difference after the first 30 days.  In fact, I think my ED is getting worse: I can obtain an erection, but not sustain it; and it's never really a good solid erection even with Cialis.  I thought I saw an improvement at some point but it was just wishful thinking and being hopeful.  I'm going to finish the 90 days worth (about $700.00 worth) and evaluate then.  If I see even the slightest sign of improvement, I know I'll spend the money for more.  What else can I do?  I have not tried VED yet, but I see so many on here advocating for it.  Is it the way to go?

jackp

jimifan

IMHO the VED is the best option. Do not try the PGE1 or Trimix shots for ED they make corporal fibrosis worse. Read my story in Our Histories. Even if you finally have to have surgery the VED will help keep your penis healthy.
Jackp