FOUND: $69.99 AUGUSTA SINGLE CYLINDER PUMP

Previous topic - Next topic

PTMAN

Hi, guys. Hated to start a new post, but don't know how long this deal will last. Figured it needed to be seen now. Preface: I have no interest nor connection to either the manufacturer nor the website that I will give you. Just trying to help some other guys that are low on money like me. About 2 years ago I bought the Vitality 3 cylinder set from fittz. It has served my well until now. Today, I screwed the pump onto the largest of the cylinders too hard and it cracked the plastic. My own fault. Won't pump nor hold vacuum now :(... So I went on a quest to find a replacement cylinder, and best I can tell, you can't buy just the cylinder. So i went looking for a bargain on a new set, thinking i can reuse the other 2 tubes. Surfed the net for quite a while and finally settled on a Augusta Medical Vitality-Manual Operation Vacuum Erection Device with a single cylinder. The company looks legit, best I can tell. The website is TotalDiabetesSupply.com. The starting price was $199.99. But they had a promotional code "SAVE130" which took off $130.00. New price was $69.99. No Tax. Free ground shipping. But i opted for 2 Day Air for $18.95. New total was $88.94. Went ahead and ordered it. Hope I didn't get ripped off. They sent 2 emails confirming purchace. Last one said "Thank you for your order". "COME AGAIN". I found humor in that, but I'm kinda twisted.. :) They have no idea... Like i said, my only intent is to help some other guys out. Lots cheaper than anyone else. I'll try to post again when it comes in so we'll know it's legit... i just don't trust ordering on the internet much. BEST REGARDS, PTMAN  

Old Man

PTMAN:

That is an excellent find. Checked out the site and it is legit. You can use either your pump or the pump that comes with the Vitality VED. The cylinders you now have will also fit inside the Vitality.

Thanks for posting this. Others will find it welcome too!

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

PTMAN

Old Man

Thanks for verifying that the other 2 tubes will work with new unit. I was a little worried about that. Was afraid they might have used the "medium" cylinder to attach to pump on this new single cylinder model or changed the pump size, etc... I sincerely hope someone saves some bucks with this info. As for my old pump... I have 2. The original, I broke after about 3 months. Was pumping one day in a chair. Something happened and I suddenly stood up. The handle was under the chair, and it snapped off nearly flush with the pump head. Guess they're not designed to lift chairs :) Tried super gluing it. Didn't work. Then I used J.B. weld. Worked for a while and broke again. Contacted Fitzz and they graciously allowed me to buy a replacement pump. But it would'nt pump as much pressure as original. So I robbed the handle from the new pump and put it into the old. Worked o.k. but broke the top off the pump doing it. Duct tape works pretty good for that. Now I've broken the large cylinder. Think i need to refrain from "fixing" things... ;D Needless to say, it was time for a new setup. Hope this new pump is as powerful as the 1st. Maybe this post should have been in the "lighter side" section? :) Good to hear from you again!!!

csp

I've ordered the same from them at February without any problem at all.

Some notes for those who would like to use this option from outside the USA:
  • The site ships only to the USA, but you can register to a package forwarding service. They offer a virtual address and then ship the package to your real one.
  • Don't choose USPS for the ground shipping, they will need an authorisation in english, signed by a notary public. It turned out, that not all notary public has the right here to sign english papers.
  • You'll need a valid USA phone number too, but again there are call forwarding services too, although nobody called me during the whole time, so it might not be that necessary.

The total cost was:
VED: $69
Notary public fee: $12
Local shipping: free
Shipping to Europe: $90
VAT: $19
Clearance: $14

I tried not to be too specific to avoid advertising any of these companies.

shadow

Ok...so I've joined the VED club  ::)

I've ordered the one talked about here for the $69.99.  Should arrive in a few days.

I thought long and hard (no pun intended) about whether to buy the single cylinder or go with the 3 cylinder one.   I chose the single cylinder for several reasons:

(1):  I'm congenitally cheap. ;D
(2):  I'm sending my first born to college this fall and I need to have as much money as possible available for that!!
(3):  I believe I can retro fit as per Buckeye's directions
(4):  As I've said to others and to my uro....I have this odd aversion to the whole concept (personal issues) so I wanted to start conservatively.

I fully expect that if for some reason the single cylinder doesn't work....I'll foot the bill for the 3 cylinder.   I'm cheap but recognize a lost cause when I see it.

A few questions for the experts here.

I gather that the 3 cylinder approach is to at first constrain the penis and "force it" into place using the smallest tube.  If this is true...what's the size of the smallest cylinder (length and I.D.)...and the subsequent ones?

I believe the cylinder for the one I bought is 8" x 2.25".  

I don't have much of a bend (27 degrees at the base as measured by the doc while erect, but a lot of that may be congenital)....but I do have a "severe" hourglassing as described by my uro.   Will the VED protocol have as much an impact on this as it would for a bend?  And would the single cylinder be as effective for hourglassing as the 3 cylinder?  

Appreciate the input.  I'm a bit schizo when it comes getting into a routine.  I religiously get my exercise by walking the neighborhood every night...but find it difficult to remember to take my Pentox on a regular basis.  Hopefully I will do this more regularly.  

Shadow.

Old Man

Shadow:

Sorry to hear that you have the need of VED therapy to help with your Peyronies Disease symptoms. You are right about asking questions before embarking on any routine of therapy for Peyronies Disease. There are pros and cons for both the one cylinder and the three cylinder VEDs. Each one has different approaches to "recovery" from Peyronies Disease symptoms. I will attempt to give you my considered opinion of both below. You are wise to start out with the one cylinder VED due to the circumstances you state about your financial situation too.

The one cylinder VED is the unit that was prescribed for me after my radical prostatectomy way back in 1995. The three cylinder VED was not on the market then. My VED was the original Osbon Esteem one cylinder model. My uro and I  along with JackP's input later developed the one cylinder protocol now posted in the VED board of the main forum. It has the capability of helping with getting rid of Peyronies Disease symptoms, but is not quite effective as the three cylinder VED. The reason for this is that the three cylinder small (A) cylinder holds the penile shaft in a very close and confined space which helps remold it back to a straighter condition over time with its use.

The one cylinder VED allows the penile shaft to develop into a more fuller erection than the small (A) cylinder of the three cylinder. Therefore, it require more time with the protocol to develop the desired results of straightening and lengthening of the lost dimensions due to Peyronies Disease symptoms. So bottom line is that the three cylinder VED develops more positive results in a quicker therapy cycle. I recommend using the protocol for either unit as a basis for any therapy used by anyone.

The choice between the two VEDs is strictly based on what an individual's circumstances are, i.e. financial ability and the amount of time he can spend doing the exercise sessions each and every day. Any therapy should be approached with the fact in mind that the more time spent, the more positive results seen, etc. VED therapy is not an overnight treatment and must be approached with a desire to "stay the course" before giving up on it. The rate of success for VED therapy has been stated as somewhere around 85 to 95%, so keep this in mind too. Also, remember that less vacuum pressure is much better than more. Overpumping can and will cause further damage if used in an effort to "hurry up" the exercises.

I know that here are many questions that arise about VED therapy, so feel free to ask any and all if you take on the VED therapy.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Norm

PTMan,
Looks like you are really "hard on" pumps (pun intended). I bought the same unit from the same place. Mine was $83. I am pleased with the purchase. I fabricated my own smaller cylinder to go inside, so at least I have a 2-cylinder model now. I don't plan to be doing acrobatics or chair-lifts with it, so it should last a while.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

pointedly

I was lucky enough to get an Augusta 3 cylinder model from my uro free of charge, but it was missing the inserts.  It is essentially then a single cylinder unit.  Undeterred, I started looking for clear materials to use as an insert and was able to find a tube at Ace Hardware.  It is a rigid tube that is used to protect 4' fluorescent light bulbs from impact.  I was able to fit it inside of the Augusta device and cut it to length.  

On the end that is closest to the vacuum device, a crooked cut is better so that air can be vacuumed out - you don't want a perfect seal.  On the other end, cut as straight as possible, sand off any burrs as that area is in direct contact with the base of the penis.  The plastic tube is the perfect diameter to work with the rubber sizing inserts that come with the VED.

Old Man

Pointedly:

Try getting the inserts from the Augusta Medical Systems company. Locate their toll free numbeer from this site and call one of their sales reps:

www.augustams.com

The rep should be able to tell you if the inserts are available. I have obtained spare partss from this company in the past with no problem.

Old Man