Can we ever be sure Peyronies Disease ever truly stabilizes - (Completed)

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

This poll question deals with when is stabilization really stabilization?  Does true stabilization ever occur or does Peyronies Disease just cycle through active and dormant cycles.

Temporarty posts with comments or questions about this poll can be posted here, However, posts and general discussion about the progression or course of Peyronies Disease shoud be posted on the main Peyronies forum under "Progression of Peyronies Disease".
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

phatkatwun

I have had Peyronies Disease for about 5 years and the condition has changed about every 6 to 12 months. No treatment except vitamin E.

emersonchief

I have had Peyronies Disease for 3 years and for the last 1 1/2 years it has stabilized with the exception of the small plaque moving.

Mick

j

Stable for a couple of years now, after several months of rapid progression.

jess99504

Larry H

I've had Peyronies Disease for over 6 years and it's never been stable and continues to change.

Hawk

Just vote.  It will only let you vote once. There is no need to post unless you need to explain why you can't find a suitable choice to vote for.

Barry

I have had Peyronies Disease for 11 LONG years. I have had two periods in time that I was stable for about 18 months,otherwise I have had numerous events of loss of girth and degree of angulation both lateral and dorsal. Furthermore I have had three incidents of loss of length, first in the beginning,second about seven years into the disease and lastly have noticed a small but evident loss taking place currently that started about 5-6 weeks ago. To date, I have lost over three inches.  

Barry

bob

I lost one-half to perhaps an inch, but that was back at the beginning. The most annoying development was the indentation which seems to have become more pronounced.

TopperCR

Hawk

I appreciate you participation and patience as we try to fine-tune this process.

These polls are of utmost importance in beginning to glean some real information on issues surrounding Peyronies Disease.  Please help in fine tuning these polls so Peyronies Disease suffers have access to some real information.

I notice there are many posts in the area reserved for those that "cannot answer the question as it is currently worded". EVEN THEN, YOU SHOULD VOTE: "I cannot answer the question as it is currently worded. (Please post why)"

The point of the poll is to vote in the poll.  When you post in this area it indicates you cannot answer the question as it is currently worded.  This is confusing since many of the posts indicate the person could have voted for another choice.  It is further confusing since only 5 members voted "I cannot answer the question as it is currently worded. (Please post why)" yet many more than 5 posted.

If you voted in the poll for any choice other than I cannot answer the question as it is currently worded. (Please post why)" , please delete your post from this section.

Thanks

Old Man

I have had Peyronies Disease for over 50 years now and currently stabilized. It has come and gone several times during this long period of time.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Hawk

I would like to know if everyone that posted below actually voted in this poll, and if so, which choice they voted for.

Larry H

emersonchief

Barry

number1

I've had Peyronies Disease for 3+ years. no change after the first year.

dcaptain

I have just reached the one-year mark with Peyronies Disease, so I can't say whether or not it will recurr.  TO DATE it has not progressed or gotten worse, but I cannot speak furhter than the one-year mark.  

dcaptain

SteveW

I couldn't vote with the current wording.  I am not quite 1 year.
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

phil

I think I am stable but it has been less than a year since I seemed to stabilize.

Tim468

I developed it over 30 years ago. It has been so slowly progressive that change is imperceptible - but it has continued to worsen. The changes come in mini-bursts of activity, followed by periods of no change. For whatever reason, I can *feel* the changing going on. It is not so much painful as it is a tightening up of the penis (similar to what it feels like when you are in cold water), with a slight aching feeling. When I get that feeling, I increase my self-therapy ("use it or lose it", and vitamin E, NSAIDs and warm baths to relax things). This seemed to work for me until this year when it got busier, and I am now doing carnitine and iontophoresis.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.