Burdock Root for Peyronies Disease?

Previous topic - Next topic

osakadan

OK.... this week I will visit a herbalist and get some burdock! Luckily these places are everywhere here in Japan.

NeoV

A general drug store has burdock tea here, which is where I got it.

About gluten, honestly I had never thought of it. I have severe arthritis as well as Peyronie's so it may be worth looking in to. Thanks for that, researching celiac's disease and gluten now.

QuackAttack

Neo,

If you have severe arthritis, you could have a gas gluten intolerance. Don't mistake Celiac as the only gluten-induced problem. Look up Dr. Joel Wallach and gluten intolerance. Basically, gluten intolerance has a wide spectrum from low to high. At the bottom end of the spectrum is a simple gluten intolerance that causes malabsorption, then irritable bowel, Celiac, colitis, ulcerative colitis and finally Crohn's.

At 29 to have sever arthritis is not good. I have bone on bone in my right elbow due to a lot of baseball pitching and catching, but a lot of my problem is due to a gluten intolerance which cause be to have malabsorption and my body got depleted of calcium. I didn't start experiencing the effects of arthritis until I was in my early 40s and only really bad over the past 4 years. At 51 it sounds like you are well ahead of my pace.  There is an outstanding company in Dallas, TX called Entero Lab https://www.enterolab.com/ that can do a mail order test that is very accurate. That is where I confirmed my GI.

Tbones

I'm going to try the tea and see if that helps anything.  I found some organic that looks good here:
[Link removed - you can find it on Amazon]

Tbones

I ordered some Burdock Root Tea off of amazon and tried it.  Oh my gosh,  this stuff smells and tastes worse than dirty socks.  I couldn't even drink it if you paid me 10,000!  I recommend getting your Burdock fix by some other method because the tea is nasty, and I love most teas.

NeoV

Haha! I love burdock tea! I eat burdock pretty often as well. You can get the supplement in pill form from any website really.

raul74

Quote from: NeoV on August 15, 2016, 10:41:14 AM
Hate to bring up an old thread, but being in Japan, I have access to cheap burdock root and burdock tea! I love it in "kinpira," which is thinly sliced carrot and burdock cooked in sesame oil.

I'm drinking a liter of burdock root and a liter of barley tea a day. Both lower blood sugar and barley tea thins out the blood and was shown in one odd study to raise testosterone by almost 50%. They are both extremely healthy in general and the barley tea tastes just fantastic.

I hate that, too (bringing up an old thread) but in this case I have to because I've got ahold of fresh burdock roots and have a few questions.
I don't quite understand what you mean with "I drink a liter of burdock root". Do you mean the pure juice?  :o If not, in which form do you drink it? Is it diluted with water or something else?

And also a question in general: in the very first post of this thread the forum member Luciano mentioned adding alcohol to the pure burdock juice by 10:1. I am about to do this now and would like to know what kind of alcohol to use. I'm not very studied in chemistry but my guess is that a bottle of whiskey is not the issue here.  :D