Self diagnosed and starting to deal with it

Previous topic - Next topic

aka

Hi everyone!
I've just now registrered on this forum, allthough, in truth I'ven been following peoples worries, thoughts and concerns, good advice and just sheer empathy, here for the last couple of months every now and then.
For me, it started about one year ago. I noticed a somewhat strange curvature upon erection whereafter about another month I felt a lump in my penis, went to my GP, who scratched his head and said to just let it be. I soon self diagnosed my problem. And I have seen it progress.
I doesn't hurt to much, I'got hourglass and diminished size and curvature to the left. Two major hard lumps on each side kind of. The biggest impact is not its actual deformity I think, rather its the worry and the fear that I am never going to be free of this. And what it's done to my confidence, it has completely wrecked me in that sense. Since last spring I've had sex with one woman. And I am afraid of going into any sort of relationship with someone I might care about and realy love. Which in term has led me to mentally block this problem for weeks and months at end. I've just pretended it didn't exist. Finally I've come to the conculsion that I can not fool myself out of this. It's there, so I have to deal with it somehow.
Right now I'm thinking about how to get Trental, I live in Sweden.
Best wishes to all of you! Sorry for the long post, first thing I have ever written about this, so for me, it big..

LWillisjr

I think you have made a huge first step in making your first post here. Part of the process is accepting the fact of what you have. Ignoring won't make it go away. If you have little or no pain, and sexually functional then you should be ahead of the game.

Don't be afraid of relationships. If someone really loves you she will accept you any way you are. My wife supported me through this whole process of denial, acceptance, realization, and working together to solve the problem.

If you have been following the forum you should already be aware of the suggested treatments and therapies. And you will find much advice and support here.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

aka

Thank you!
The thing is, this one I've felt is so hard to beat. Other problems in life, I've always been able to tell my self, it will pass, and I've known and felt beleif that things will, you can easily get picked up and feel good again when things take a turn. Which they do! This thing though, goes straight to my very core, and sometimes I feel, even if everything else is good in life, which, they pretty much are right now, this thing won't go away. I've got a good job, I am healthy and there's a meaning to life. But somehow it's so hard sometimes to get picked up, and I find myself unable to move on, get a girlfriend, raise kids, the whole chabang, I want that!
Jesus, my hope is that Penotx, if I can get my hands on it, will offer some sort of belief adn progress with this.

LWillisjr

You might not get rid of it completely. But there are things you can do to combat this and try to lessen the curvature, pain, or other symptoms you might have. A combination of pentox, VED or traction are the first steps. You will find much information on the forum on this.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Iseilinus

aka,

Statistically, your chances of having it "just pass" fall in the 10-15% range. My Peyronies Disease came on very fast and got very bad before I decided to prioritize it.  Now it has stopped progressing and may even be reversing to some degree. Personally, I look at it as an interesting medical problem and believe that with time I will fix it. Or not, but I will certainly try.  I seriously doubt that Peyronies Disease is caused by penile trauma and microhealing anomalies any more than Dupuytren's Contracture or Ledderhose Disease is.  Doctors just find it convenient to blame patients for non-explainable medical issues.

Having no sex partner or woman in your life is not the end of the world. I have been that way for a very long time now. Others here with partners will be better able to fill you in on how to deal with a relationship if you go that route. Best of luck to you.

Quote from: aka on February 25, 2012, 01:18:13 PM
The thing is, this one I've felt is so hard to beat. Other problems in life, I've always been able to tell my self, it will pass