First Post - Help Please

Previous topic - Next topic

NotHard

Hi All, Well glad I found this site, I am hoping for some good advice.  Feel a little be alone with this one.
Well here we go, I have Peyronies Disease I am 54 yrs old, and my penis is bent at a 90 degree angle, upwards, has been about 12 months now, but was to embarrassed to address it.  I guess my question is were do you start.
I have been to the urologist and was told, if I can still have intercourse they do not operate.  Wow, I lost all faith with him there and then.  Intercourse is possible but not real pleasant for both partners.  I decided I am going to try and do something about this myself, so here I am.  I have decided surgery is not for me, and I don't believe its outcome is very favorable anyway, which ever method you choose.
I am interested in hearing form those, who are using other methods to fight this disease, ie stretching devices, enzymes,vitamins, cream etc.  Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Any help guys would be appreciate, I live in Australia. Many Tks  

mike67

Welcome to the Forum. You no longer need feel alone.
I am older than you but have a similar curvature that started in May 2010.
My Peyronies Urologist prescribed , and you will find most on this forum , quickly start using a VED ( vacuum erection device) either a single cylinder or 3 cylinder device. There is a recommended useage protocol here on the VED thread. Also information on acquiring one.
Also I am sure you will hear from knowledgable members about getting on Pentox , Ubiquinol amd L'Arginine for a start. This combination has worked well to improve many here.
As for surgery , I have opted for Plaque Incision & graft as my Urologist has said that for me , at my age , it is the better solution. There are others here who have also gone for surgery with splendid outcomes.
Now that you are signed on , start by searching through the postings and you will be made to feel right at home.
If you care to send me a PM   would be happy to hear from you (from down under).

Mike (Canada)
Mikey

Skjaldborg

I got it at age 29, although my curvature is minimal and the primary problem was pain and hourglass deformity, Pentoxyfyline was helpful in eliminating pain and did result in some improvements to physical appearance. It does have some gastrointestinal side effects but it is one of the few drugs that can have some positive effects on Peyronie's disease.

Many members here have had success with VED (vacuum erection devices), These can help increase blood flow and help straighten curvature over time. I have not used it myself but many folks here swear by it.

You are not alone and you will find great advice here. Take this disease as an opportunity to improve your overall health, Feel free to ask questions at any time.

-Skjaldborg

inkhorn

Nothard- Sorry to have to welcome you to the brotherhood,but you are where you need to be.You will find many here have had similar experiences with their Uro's, and so it goes. As mentioned below VED is one of the flagship treatments, along with pentox. If your name "not hard" indicates some of your condition then you really should be using the VED not only for stretching, but for sex to help the venous leak. One thing not mentioned below is a traction device, which many of us use. Search the site, be diligent, in your research, carve out the best plan of attack that works for you. Yes there is light and there is hope. Some here have gotten completely better, others have arrested the damage and started to turn it around. Stay positive, and laugh at your calamity. BTW keep having sex. Figure it out. Regards Inkhorn  

bookemdano

My name is Danny. I have Peyronies. I just received to injections of Xiaflex. I have one question and it is, Is there any connection of Peyronies with Agent Orange?

LWillisjr

It is an interesting question that I doubt we can answer. But I would guess that by our population of peyronies sufferers that I would think there would be some correlation with war vets. And I think we have a much wider base here than that. So if there is a correlation it certainly is not obvious.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History