Forum First-timer

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye

Hi all, This is my first post on the forum. I'm 63 and have been happily married for 37 years to a wonderful wife. We got a bit too enthusiastic a couple years ago and I injured myself. Several months later I started experiencing pain and noticed I started developing a curve in my penis. I went to a urologist and he basically told me about Peyronies Disease and explained that that was the diagnosis. I have an upward curvature I would say of about 25-30% (the uro never even looked at it in an erected state). He explained that there were no known/verified treatments other than surgery and that my condition didn't warrant it. He said a lot of people try a bunch of oral medications but they are a waste of money and don't really help. He basically told me to live with it by finding positions that are most comfortable when having sex. I seem to have stabilized and the pain has gone away, but having sex is certainly not what it use to be. I've noticed that I seem to have lost size both length and girth. I started an internet search myself to find out what's available out there. I wish I had done something earlier rather than just take my uro's word for it. I came across this forum while looking at VED devices. I'm glad I found you guys as it appears that I'm not the only one who experienced the same response from my uro and found myself in the same situation. I've been reading a lot about the vacuum pump protocol you all have been discussing and am interested in trying it. It seems the most proven is the 3 cylinder protocol versus the single cylinder. It appears the most economical way is to buy the Vitality OTC version and then try to purchase the additional tubes. I'll wait a while to hear to hear back from the forum and then proceed from there. I live very close to the company that makes the Osbon Erectaid Esteem so I've studied that one but for the price I'm not sure I see any advantage in buying that over the Vitality OYC especially since it doesn't have the option of additional tubes. I'm looking forward to spending more time on the forum and appreciate how much you all have already helped me out. Thanks. :)

LWillisjr

Thanks Buckeye. You have done your research well. Hope we can help in some small way.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Buckeye

Thanks...you already have. I started the protocol yesterday, so...here goes! I ended up buying the Vitality OTC and buying some polycarbonate plastic tubes at a plastics distributor and was able to engineer the 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 diameter tubes to fit using the 2 rubber grommets supplied with the VED. It turned out better than I expected. Thanks again for the support.

mike67

Hello Buckeye
Good for you - getting going on the 3 cylinder VED. Just a couple of "helpful hints " from a user this past 1 1/2 years.
First - you need a good lubricant and the place to go for the best value is Wal-Mart. They have a product called EQUATE Personal Lubricant jelly. It sells for about $2.00 for a 4 oz tube. I load up when I go to Florida as they don't carry this item at Wal-Mart Canada. Oldman tuned me into this item. It is a great price for a product that works. No need paying out hugely for KY or other big brands.
Secondly - to help you organize your VED sessions , go to the VED board and look up the spreadsheet I prepared . It works very well. It is under a locked thread . Should be easy to locate.
Good luck with your treatments.
Mike67  
Mikey

Old Man

Buckeye:

OK, now that you have "engineered" your three cylinder VED and are beginning the protocol, congratulations!

Since the purchased version of the three cylinder that was once the "going" setup for the VED has been removed from an economical purchase, you should post how you made yours with the extra materials.

So, when you have the time, post in somewhat detail the materials you used and how you fashioned them to make the three cylinder VED work right. In the past Tim468 and Angus as well as several others have made their own and posted in the VED board their procedure.

Doing so would lead the way for others who want a three cylinder VED, but cannot afford the close to $600.00 for the SomaSTF unit from Augusta Medical Systems, to build their own.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this project.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Buckeye

I'll work on it and try to get it posted this weekend. I may need to reread the forum instructions on posting pictures and/or drawings. Explaining without pictures may be difficult - I'll see what I can come up with.

Buckeye

Mike67, thanks for the heads up on the spreadsheet. I'll do that. I've already been to Walmart for the Equate thanks to reading about it on the Forum. It took me a couple trips to find it in stock...it was back out of stock when I left!