Surgery for hourglass and curvature - An example from Surgical Atlas

Previous topic - Next topic

Luciano

Here is an explanation of how to do surgery when it comes to hourglassing and curvature.

The pdf is from:
Surgical Atlas
Correction of Peyronie's disease:
plaque incision and grafting
WILLIAM O. BRANT, ANTHONY J. BELLA, MAURICE M. GARCIA,
KAVIRACH TANTIWONGSE and TOM F. LUE
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, USA

When I read the name of Tom Lue, I thought it might be very interesting and it is.

If you intend to get surgery, it might be informative and increase your knowledge about what you are getting into.

http://healthcare.utah.edu/menshealth/files/SVG-BJUI%202006.pdf

special interest in last page "SURGEON TO SURGEON" and "LOWS AND HIGHS" that made me less euphoric about having surgery,
but even after reading this its still an option. Anyway I know now that I want that kind of operation if any.

Luc
PS: I found more about this. Some hospitals call it the "Lue procedure"
QuotePlaque Incision and Grafting (Lue Procedure)
This procedure was developed in order to reduce the degree of penile shortening. The operation involves incising the Peyronie's plaque and then filling the resulting defect with a graft. Various graft materials can be used - these have included using the saphenous vein from the leg as well as synthetic materials. This procedure is not suitable for all patients with Peyronie's disease as there is a higher risk of erectile dysfunction, particularly if there are underlying risk factors for erectile dysfunction already present. It is mainly used for patients with very severe penile curvatures or those which are associated with a waist or hour-glass deformity.

I am wondering if its the same... because this is not very encouraging.

_____________________________________________________________

As a point of interest for Canadian members , Dr.  Anthony Bella , mentioned in Luciano's Surgical Atlas post , is actually a top Canadian Peyronies Urologists - now located at The University Of Ottawa Dept of Urology.