VED vs adult toy store penis pump

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadsUp

I recently started using RestoreX for my fairly-recently diagnosed Peyronies Disease.  I'm getting the hang of it and think (hope) it will provide some benefit.  I've also read about VED's and am considering getting one (to use in conjuncture with RestoreX).  My question: is there really a difference between a commercially-available VED (e.g. Soma) and a $30 penis pump you can buy at an adult toy store?  

Also, is it OK to use both traction and VED as part of the same regimen?  Thanks!
62 Years Old
Peyronie's onset: Jan/Feb 2022; Diagnosed June 2022
Main symptom: upward curve (plaque on top), unsure of degrees (probably between 45-75 degrees)
Initial treatment: Pentox 400 mg, 3x/day - NO LONGER, NOW RESTORIX

projectpd

You can see there are different designs and decide what you prefer. A builtin pump might be more compact or more tol heavy, if it breaks it would be more expensive to replace.. a separate pump could have a pressure gauge, but then you probably shouldn't rely just on the gauge rather than on feel.. the medical models are also more often about placing a rubber band to keep your erection. The type of seals are different but you can buy those. E.g. the soma has some rings that can't be easily taken off from the outside. But the idea of multiple size tubes is good. There is a clone of it that is more affordable if that's not against your principles.but still costs more than a commercial one. After all they are just a tube with some hole or way to attach a pump,  shouldn't be expensive.  
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

jj21

I saw good results from both. My understanding is that the 3 cylinder VED is the most effective as it targets different areas of the penis.  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

HeadsUp

projectpd and jj21 - thanks to both of you for your replies.  I'll think this over, price a couple and make a decision.  I'm sure there are guidelines on this forum on how to use them for Peyronies Disease, I'll look around.  
62 Years Old
Peyronie's onset: Jan/Feb 2022; Diagnosed June 2022
Main symptom: upward curve (plaque on top), unsure of degrees (probably between 45-75 degrees)
Initial treatment: Pentox 400 mg, 3x/day - NO LONGER, NOW RESTORIX