update with traction

Previous topic - Next topic

fubar

Does it matter when you start a therapy yes! I believe do all that you can on onset of this disease.Reagarding pain no brainer stop at once.Get back to it when you are feeling no  pain this is the golden rule.Oldman is telling you like it is.

What ever you try ved or traction if you experience pain stopj.If you use the ved correctly less of a problem as you use it for less time.With extenders you have this on for hours so it is important to monitor your pain and temperature of your penis because of the nature of the thing.Any noose will cut off ciculation.So you have to keep an eye on things.

Constriction can cause Peyronie's,  so do not choke your chicken.All devices you apply to your therapy must be maintained and supervised. Stay on top of what you are doing.

I do not recommend going to sleep with a traction device secured unless you are confident that it will not constrict.

Fubar

chefcasey

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while it's been one busy summer but here goes:

All in all I put in close to 500 hours with the traction device.  The first 200 or so was just working up to my erect length as I didn't want to go to fast and possibly make it worse.  I got to a sticking point at around 350 hours though and found myself having to take a day off here and there because of irritation around the head, until I concluded that I had gone as far as I could with it.  I gained about 3/8 of an inch in length but no girth which was disappointing, as that's what I really lost with Peyronies Disease. I noticed no real change in any of my plaque, or change in curvature, but no worsening either.

The fact that I was able to gain length with no curve reduction leads me to believe that the stretcher works more on healthy tissue and bypasses the scar tissue.  Oh well, I've pretty much tried everything, so my last hope is xiaflex if it's approved.

newguy

Chefcasey - At least they've managed to make decent gains. This should put you in good stead in terms of eventual length should you go with Xiaflex (eventually) or surgery. I too find it interesting that some men appear to gain length but the curvature remains the same. I've seen similiar comments in relation to the VED too. It kind of suggests that lnegth is being gained on both sides, but I don't see how that can happen when one side of the penis is effectively longer than the other. Maybe the penis suspensory ligament is being stretched somehow??  

chefcasey

Quote from: newguy on September 17, 2011, 06:24:25 AM
Chefcasey - At least they've managed to make decent gains. This should put you in good stead in terms of eventual length should you go with Xiaflex (eventually) or surgery. I too find it interesting that some men appear to gain length but the curvature remains the same. I've seen similiar comments in relation to the VED too. It kind of suggests that lnegth is being gained on both sides, but I don't see how that can happen when one side of the penis is effectively longer than the other. Maybe the penis suspensory ligament is being stretched somehow??

I think it may be either the suspensory ligament being stretched or stretching happening to the normal tissue on both sides. if this were what your penis looked like:

________^^^______ with ^^being plaque and ___being healthy tissue, I think the stretcher targets both sides of the healthy tissue but sort of bypasses the scar, leaving the penis longer but the scar unchanged.  My scar isn't that tough but it takes up a good area.  I almost think if I could get some injections even with a salin solution that it would allow it expand a lot better.  I'm not really a candidate for surgery since my curve is less than 30 degrees and no ed, so I'm really pulling for xiaflex.  

fubar

Forum brothers

I am probably candidate for implant surgery.Really blows my mind I know medicine sent me down this road.Really this came suddenly,  a trick by a devel I thought! Think about it?  Leaves you restless.

The dammage is done and you wake up with a disfigured penis.How do you recover from this?
Anyone have an answer? I do Bunker down and get readyfor the trial of your lifetime. You have to have a huge threshold for pain and agony.

There is nothing pretty about this ugly disease.Still I feel traction is worthy in  fighting Peyronie's. Leaving the last statement for worried Guy so he knows this is a traction post.

Fubar

Mad

hey chef,

tried to p.m. you but wasn't able to. i'm in a very similar situation to yours and would like to ask you some questions via personal message. anyone know why i'm not able to send a p.m.? i enter the verification code and it keeps saying "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture." but they do. thanks in advance for any help offered.

Old Man

mad111:

There are several ways a private message, PM, can be sent. You can locate the I.D. of the person you want to send a PM too in the members profile section. Then, locate the line at the bottom of his profile where it says,
send this member a private message. Click on it and it should bring up the window for the private message text and then you can click send after typing your message.

Another way, is to locate a post by the person you want to send a PM to and click on the private message symbol in the left hand side of the post. That will/should bring up the PM message window to type your message.

Another tip: always use the spell check feature to correct your message text before sending. Then after it does the checking and you make any necessary correction it will let you know that spell check is finished. Then you click the send button.

I always check the block where is says save the outgoing PM to my outbox for future reference.

Let me know if you can not get this to work for you.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Mad

thanks, old man! i got it to work. i'll keep following the forum. best to everyone dealing with this.

Old Man

mad111:

Glad that you got the PM to work for you. One thing I forgot to mention is that since you are new on the forum, your inbox will be limited as to the number of PMs you can receive before the server says your inbox if full to folks wanting to PM you. So, you should periodically check the inbox, make sure that you answer the PM and then delete the incoming ones to keep your inbox open.

You should delete the outgoing PMs after they have served their useful purpose too.

Regards, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Algernon

Hi Old Man, I am nearly your age, also live in Australia and it almost sounds as if we saw the same uro.   I have had Peyronies Disease for over 6 months and am not one to do nothing.   Tried Vit E the uro suggested.  I don't think that helped at all.   He told me to live with it.   I have started using a cold laser.  Tried a 930nm/50mw on loan first with a slight improvement.   I then purchased a 830nm/35mw and am more impressed.   Definitely not cured yet, but much less pain, and smaller plaque formation.  I have been using it for less than 2 weeks, but by therapeutic standards have been over treating.  But all I care about is a result.   If I can help with details etc. email is pje001@live.com  

MattFoley

Can you please tell me who sells it and where I can get it?
Got Testosterone?