update with traction

Previous topic - Next topic

chefcasey

It's been a while since I've posted here but wanted to update. I stopped doing anything to my penis a while back, strictly kept to L-arginine and pentox. Once I was convinced I was out of the acute stage, I resumed traction and its been positive so far.

I've been wearing it 3-4 hours a day for about 1 month and am almost stretching at erect length. I haven't taken any measurements yet, but there is a clear increase in stretched length and overall flexibility. The hard flaccid is becoming less and less common. I have no ore pain and I've grown quite used to the traction device(I think I could put the thing on blindfolfed).  Anyway that's my update, I'll do another one in about a month, but if anyone has any questions on traction feel free to ask me.  

newguy

Thanks very much for the positive update. Learning how to wear traction devices does appear to be one of the tricky aspects. Having peyronie's to begin with can set people at a low ebb. Adding into the mix the feeling that the device can be tough to get used to, I think many give up soon after they begin. Sticking with it can have positive results though, and there are suction traction devices out there too, if people find it too difficult to wear. Keep us informed!!

chefcasey

Yea oddly enough, I find the bare noose without the memory foam is the most comfortable. I also believe in taking it off every hour. The company states you can go up to 2 hours but that's just too much. Also Dr Levine told me to have my starting length be my erect length, which I think is way too much. At least take a month to work up to erect length. Basically, I've learned it's all about comfort, whatever makes things the most comfortable with traction will get you the best results.  

newguy

Quote from: chefcasey on May 26, 2011, 03:03:31 PM
Yea oddly enough, I find the bare noose without the memory foam is the most comfortable. I also believe in taking it off every hour. The company states you can go up to 2 hours but that's just too much. Also Dr Levine told me to have my starting length be my erect length, which I think is way too much. At least take a month to work up to erect length. Basically, I've learned it's all about comfort, whatever makes things the most comfortable with traction will get you the best results.

Do you know how much stretch the device actually applies. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's between 1-2 pounds?? Of course on penis enlargement sites people go way above that with various scary looking devices, but it wouldn't be at all wise for us (and to be frank, not for them either!) due to what seems likely to be our susceptibility to this condition. Something I've always found interesting though, is that most people think that improvements via traction for peyronie's sufferers come from stretching the scar tissue. That no doubt does occur, but I wonder whether the normal/less damaged part of the penis is also being stretched too. Afterall people without peyronie's see improvement via these devices too. Most peyronie's disease traction studies are for 6 months and there seems to be a consensus that at 6 months whatever improvement there is to be gained has been gained. Again, I wonder if that's true or just seen to be true. Traction is certainly an interesting area, it's a shame that it's so time consuming though, and hence impractical for some people. These studies with people wearing it fro 6-8 hours... I just don't see how they manage to work that.

fubar

I have been using a traction device for a few  weeks. I have also have found greater elasticity and a normal looking flaccid penis.Girth seems to becoming back as well.I have not had any problems wearing the device.I can wear it for 8 hours but agree with chefcasey that probably is not a good idea.So I have only done that once.

I also wear it at work and no one can tell I'm wearing it.I can get in and out of my truck no problem.yes sometimes it is awkward and gets in the way .I wear long Johns in case it comes apart don't want that device tumbling all over the ground.

I plan on using it for 6 months and then return to the ved.So far I'm impressed with the gadget.

newguy

Maybe with some men it's the shape of their penis or how they are wearing the device that makes it harder to wear. I'm not sure. It's great that you're having positive results fubar, and just a few weeks in. Switching to the VED after six months is an interesting idea too. If they work is slightly different ways maybe that's a good way of maximising positive changes.

fubar

Newguy

I think some guys may try to extend to much putting to much pressure on their unit .The point is to stretch not hurt yourself.Also I think alot of guys probably tighten the noose to much that would cause pain and circulation problems.So the same as  the ved if you feel pain or discomfort you want to stop ,loosen things up and try again.

Fubar

fubar

Funny. I was interested in the device when I first realized I had Peyronie's. However I was almost convinced it was to much,  with the constriction of the noose and duration of time one is to increase and wear.

I wont wear it eight hours straight but I take breaks.I have worn it six hours today and have added a quarter of an inch with the rods and the glands feel fine.I probably would have never embarked on this trial of the device if it were not for Ben.Ben so far so good thanks brother.You do not have to spend a hundred + dollars for a quality device either.That was another one of my concerns.

Fubar

peyrosucks

I was initially told to use this by Dr. Levine.  I didn't want to use it because of the time committment and opted to go with a VED.  I've been using that for about 3 months, and I can't see any significant improvement in my Peyronie's.  I feel it has helped with blood flow and to get the night time erections going right after being diagnosed.  This week I started to add traction.  I bought the $48 size doctor and am somewhat impressed for the money.  

I'll only have 2 hours to devote per night initially with possibly some skipped days.  I'm continuing to use the VED and generally use it right before applying the traction device.  I'm hoping I can use traction for at least 3 hours a day.

Ben

Fubar I'm not surprised you've seen improvement during thoses weeks. I recommand traction when somebody asking me about it.
I am a little concern by the 6 months limit because I too have been plateauing after having been logging 700 hours. In another board they say to stop traction for one month or two then go back again. You lost a few lenght, but after a while you can gain what you've lost and go for some more lenght.

chefcasey

I had an unexpected but good phone conversation with Dr. Levine yesterday and he agrees that traction will be my best bet. He told me that based on the low amount of scarring and the absence of palpable plaque, that he's still not sure that I have true Peyronies Disease, but perhaps a one time injury. Regardless he said, traction is beneficial for both. Not only does it stretch the scars out, but permanantly remolds it as elongated. He also believes the "cell division" theory that most traction producers claim, but I personally doubt that claim.

I plan to stick with it for as far as it takes me, so far it is the only thing that has reversed things somewhat.  

newguy

Quote from: Ben on May 27, 2011, 06:05:23 AM
Fubar I'm not surprised you've seen improvement during thoses weeks. I recommand traction when somebody asking me about it.
I am a little concern by the 6 months limit because I too have been plateauing after having been logging 700 hours. In another board they say to stop traction for one month or two then go back again. You lost a few lenght, but after a while you can gain what you've lost and go for some more lenght.

It may be that the force exerted by the unit eventually leads to a certain level of improvement. Maybe, as you say taking a break for a month and starting again might be the answer. I doubt you'd lose much length while on a break. By the way, 700 hours in total, wow!!

Ben

Newguy as you see I'm more than motivated to recover   : D
I've found a 3000 hours log in the net, that's my goal. Unfortunatly I think the time/gain ratio is poor when aiming for this amount of time. The first months are amazing but the following are not as good in term of gains.
A board dedicated to penile enlargement talks about "shock therapy" when someone stops seeing gain with his routine. Their theory is that albuginea turn a little thicker to adapt itself to traction. So the idea is to let it rest, and go back stretching.
I really want to test the xiaflex / traction combo.

chefcasey

Yea, I've read that after reaching a stretching point of about 1 inch past normal erect length, the process kind of stalls out, so roughly a good 6 mos. Could you imagine if it didn't? There would be guys out there with 14 inchers from traction lol.  

newguy

Quote from: Ben on May 27, 2011, 04:01:33 PM
Newguy as you see I'm more than motivated to recover   : D
I've found a 3000 hours log in the net, that's my goal. Unfortunatly I think the time/gain ratio is poor when aiming for this amount of time. The first months are amazing but the following are not as good in term of gains.
A board dedicated to penile enlargement talks about "shock therapy" when someone stops seeing gain with his routine. Their theory is that albuginea turn a little thicker to adapt itself to traction. So the idea is to let it rest, and go back stretching.
I really want to test the xiaflex / traction combo.

Is the log editable? I wouldn't mind a 1000 hour version. I remember that someone made a log for the VED and the structure that it provided really did help some men.

Ben

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IL88i3NhFcU/Sp0HKYf-IcI/AAAAAAAAAA4/8vsa93VX5gg/s1600-h/before_and_after_timechart.jpg

Here it is. I doubt someone can wear a stretcher 250 hours per month. I can't break the 80 hours frontier due to painful soreness at the tip.

There is another man in a board who claims having gain more than 2 inches. But he added manual stretching, pumping, hanging.
Some use HgH to enhance gain, but according to a recent study 99,99% of vials coming from internet dealers are NOT Hgh.

chefcasey

Ben,

Am I reading that log wrong, or did he gain those increases without ever maxing out his stretched length?

Ben

all data are increasing, he start stretching at 16,50 and in may he was stretching at 17,50 and so on...

dioporcolorisolvo

Excuse me, but is it right wearing traction device in acute phase?  

chefcasey

In my opinion, one should wait at least a few months while using oral drugs to help stop the progression first. I tried traction early on, and it seemed to aggravate it. I started after about 6 mos again and no problems this time, in fact I think I gained back some size already. Some will tell you to wait, others say start as soon as possible. Its just something that's different for everybody. Let your body be the judge  

chefcasey

I have now logged 100 hours with traction. I have a full cm increase in stretched length, but no noticable improvement in deformity or erect length/girth. I am stretching at erect length right now and will update with the next 100 hours.  

newguy

Thanks so much for the update.. Sounds like you're making good progress!

angular

hi saw urologist 3months ago , diagnosed Peyronies Disease told to come back 12months time. Nothing could be done now and would discuss options then. I presume this would be my acute period? Do you think it would help to use a traction device now or VED  ? Very anxious and depressed about  doing nothing , i feel it is wasting valuable healing  time . Would appreciate your thoughts on these matters thankyou. I am 60 yrs old and have Dupreytens  as well  , and have no idea what caused Peyronies Disease , took Propecia for 9 weeks till read about impotency warnings

torn

Quote from: angular on June 07, 2011, 08:49:26 AM
hi saw urologist 3months ago , diagnosed Peyronies Disease told to come back 12months time. Nothing could be done now and would discuss options then. I presume this would be my acute period? Do you think it would help to use a traction device now or VED  ? Very anxious and depressed about  doing nothing , i feel it is wasting valuable healing  time . Would appreciate your thoughts on these matters thankyou. I am 60 yrs old and have Dupreytens  as well  , and have no idea what caused Peyronies Disease , took Propecia for 9 weeks till read about impotency warnings

A lot of guys who have taken propecia have developed peyronies.

Farinthesouth

Hy all: I have been on pain for two years from the onset. Actually is more discomfort than acute pain. The plaque is located upwards, close to the glans base. I take: ALC,Larginine, curcumin,q-10,etc. Question is; should I try with VED still having pain? I bought some Pentox, but I'm afraid about side effects.

Thanks for any answer

chefcasey

If I were you, I would definitely try something after 2 years. After that period of time, its hard to imagine that pain is still being caused by inflammation, but rather chronic nerve pain from the plaques. If you don't try something, it definitely won't change in my opinion.  

depr

I am wondering about traction devices.  Chefcasey when you said hard flaccid what did you mean by that? How are your erections? Did the traction device affect your erections in any way. I am just worried that the penis is larger in the flaccid state, but interferes with getting hard erections. Please advise.

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: depr123 on June 10, 2011, 02:48:28 AM
I am wondering about traction devices.  Chefcasey when you said hard flaccid what did you mean by that? How are your erections? Did the traction device affect your erections in any way. I am just worried that the penis is larger in the flaccid state, but interferes with getting hard erections. Please advise.

Traction device in my experience doesn't affect the erection. The penis becomes quickly longer in flaccid state, but it's necessary a long time to have a longer penis in erection.

depr

Chefcasey thank yo for your response. My main concern is girth. Have you had any success with increasing your girth in the erection state?  

Ben

Traction and bathmate is a true girth blaster while erect.  

Worried Guy

You have used the bathmate and saw good results?

chefcasey

As far as the hard flaccid thing..that's scar tissue that makes the penis less flexible and hardened while flaccid. Traction has helped with that a great deal. It does noy affect your vascular tissue or nerves in any way (unless you wear it for longer than the prescribed time for breaks), so its pretty safe. I have not noticed a change in erect state, although I'm only 100 hours in. Ben has had a lot more experience and hours with it, so he knows better than me about girth. I do hear that it works well for girth restoration, even dr. Levine tells me its my best chance at restoring it. Hope this helps,
-chefcasey

Ben

WorriedGuy, yes in term of girth I have seen pretty good enhancement and in less than two weeks you can really feel a nice difference. Erection is fuller and flacid state is less shrinked.
A lot of men in penile enlargement forum have seen so. For me it's much more efficient than air pump. Cheap device also.

As for long term and permanent gain, I think it's like anything else you will have to stick quite a long time with it.  

fubar

Worriedguy

I have noticed a great difference with my flaccid state.The narrowing and turtle neck never appear. The flaccid penis is relaxed again and feels natural.Not to mention it feels comfortable in the pants again.

Like Ben says it is something you have to stick with like the ved and be constent with the therapy.

Fubar

fubar

I have to mend my last statement as turtle neck and stiffness does occur on occasion.I have had good results with the device. Less bend and less indention.

I am not one that likes to measure so I have stayed away from that until now.My flaccid length is five inches.My ereact is longer but I still do not want t measure.

My logic is if I am happy about my progress. That is success , why bother with the past.Yeah its not 8 and 3 quarters anymore who cares, right?Lets get it true and strong again!TIme is more important of the woman loves you this is no big deal breaker.Use it or loose it means more! Do not give up! Take inventory and move on.

Fubar

fubar

Really ,  no one has a report? I find this discouraging. Yet ,,,,,,have progress no turtle neck and a more relaxed flaccid state.Elasticity is much better also and the kegel  muscle is also stronger.

Good luck and best wishes

Fubar  

dioporcolorisolvo

I have a doubt.
I have peyronie since 7 month.
I am begining to think that in the acute phase traction and VED are not beneficial.
I have tried VED but the pression provokes pain. The dorsal and lateral right hand of penis are sunken.
The infiammation is still in action. I have concern that traction can worsen the progression of disease.

fubar

If you have pain back off the traction.All therapy devices can cause a repeat in offenses so use at your own risk.Being your own doctor takes risk.so weigh out what you are doing and do not take riskey chances.Pulling your chain at the breaking point promotes risk.Be responsible and only use a gentle pull.

Fubar

Fubar

neidz

My understanding about traction, is it's not all about length (addressing Peyronies).  It is also used to stretch the plaque and perhaps eventually bring it to a state of breaking it up or softening.  I used a fastsize for several months--not totally sure how well it worked-- the noose was a total nuisance.  

Wanting now to try the 4xlabs with more of a shaft support system.  Been using a VED for 7mos w/pentox & L Arginine.  Girth improvement, but nearly no length improvement.  Any ideas---shoot em to me.

fubar

Neitz

Yeah the noose can be a burden, you have to get aquainted  with it and learn to find comfort. I am using two of the same traction device's. Both of the same make one factory one manipulated.

The one I use to lossen up things less tension and length. The other modified with more tension and length.This seems to be a good combination for me.

As for comfort you have to find it with the noose.Many guys have said the comfort strap does not hold the penis in place.If you want a comfort strap remedy by the size doctor at Amazon it is much cheaper than x4 labs
I do not remember what they call it as I bought two basic models.

Fubar

fubar

To all

I had a friend pm me tonight asking me if I have seen a change in my bend using traction.I rarely disclose progress as it is different in every individual. This probably is probably why people do not leave progress on that famous board. You know I'm cured or oh look I'm healing.

Traction is working for me I'm straight but have indention on the right and bubble top left about an inch from the t.My damage has always resembled a snake indention of motion as the bottom may angle down but becomes straight with a bump on top.

Using the traction device I have gained girth and length.Have not measured do not care to all the same it is noticeable. Would not give my traction devices up to no one or my vitality three.

Fubar

crashbandit

That sounds very positive fubar.

What do you think are the chances a traction device would increase my allready present penis pain? (averages a 3 out of 10 on a constant daily basis)

I have used a VED in the past and it increased my pain alot and the amount of shrikage aswell. It seems shrinkage and pain or related. The more shrinkage, the more pain.

I just can't see traction helping me but maybe it might...
Cheers

fubar

Crash

Pain is a symptom I have not encountered. Just a grreat erection gone wrong and broken and has given me much mental anguish. Yeah I can not see the side of the pain. I have experienced some but not for long periods. Mind you I have had stitches in my penis and my pee hole cut open.

Many other injurys meaning nothing to me but fs#&%ing Peyronie's. Who knows crash maybe we will become experts in fixing broken penis!  Last job I ever would want!

Fubar

fubar

Crash

Some guys not of this forum have experiment with many things.I have no knowledge of what they do exactly But after speaking to a young Man on this forum and visiting the big penis sites I know that guys hurt themselves hanging to much weight and stupid stuff like that.

A traction device allows the amount of pressure you supply.as in spring tension.If it hurts stop everything.I for one felt traction silly but I can not argue with progress.Has it Been a birthday party?No has it been experience and relief.Oh yeah!

I will do anything to help.my cause and yours.

Fubar

Ben

Since i'm back into traction i've logged 100 hours. I am quite happy for having verified once again that average grow is 0,0015 cm per hour. It's so slow but, it works.

I try another approach with stretching : before I was constantly sore and was just taking 2 days off and stretch again. As for now I wait to be completly healed before stetching. Seems efficient because I can last longer and the pain I have to deal with is while tissue are really stretched, and no more this wortheless pain of sore spot.

Fubar it's really cool to read your posts, another proof that traction can counteracts peyronie.

dioporcolorisolvo

My question is:

It is better using traction device AFTER acute phase?

I think that in acute phase traction device and VED can worsen the inflammation.

Old Man

dio:

Contrary to a lot of speculation and/or advice from just about everywhere on this forum, I disagree with the statement that VED therapy should not be used during the early or acute stages of Peyronies Disease.

VED therapy early in Peyronies Disease forming with whatever symptoms it brings to the table, can and will help with stretching the erectile and tunica tissue. I do however advise that VED therapy should be stopped if it brings on any severe pain or other symptoms when it is used. Mild vacuum pulls on ones penis in this stage of Peyronies Disease without pain or discomfort can produce very good results in helping to keep the shaft in its original shape and size.

One has to watch closely how they utilize the protocol during these stages of Peyronies Disease to prevent further damage by overpumping the negative pressure. As with any therapy, careful review ones status at all times is very necessary. VED therapy is not an overnight treatment/cure so one has to be observant and careful when using. It is also a case where less is much better more in the pressure department. The constant engorging and deflating the blood flow provides much oxygenated blood into and out of the corporal chambers, hence better chance for recovery.

The above carries my usual caveat that it is based on my many years of experience with Peyronies Disease and using VED therapy during that time with many guys.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

goodluck

How does VED work on hourglassing?  I would guess it would be better than traction but I don't know. Maybe a combination is best?
What is considered good VED.

Thanks

Ben

If I was aware of traction device, I had started traction right before trauma to avoid penile shrinkage. If scar tissue have to devellop inside penis, better stretch it and model it since the begining.

@Old Man : I appreciate your post here mentionning your method of oxygenation with Ved, I'll start this new approach.  

Old Man

Ben:

Please post your results of what happens for you when using the VED to bring more blood flow into and out of the penis, etc.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.