Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit Our Revised, & Expanded, Erectile Dysfunction Forum - Please Read. New Erectile Dysfunction Forum - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NUMBNESS and/or loss of sensation caused by Peyronie's  (Read 25659 times)

agent0

• Solid Contributor
NUMBNESS and/or loss of sensation caused by Peyronie's
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

Back in 2006 when I was 19 I was masturbating and was too rough with my penis. I was squeezing it and pushed down on it. I heard a crack, lost my erection, pain and bruising. The next morning I had hematoma all over my groin area. I went to the urologist days later. He told me everything was fine and just wait. Then he gave me an ultrasound just in case. So I took the ultrasound and everything came back fine. He also gave me an MRI, but my dad decided it was all in my head. So we never did the MRI.

My penis was completely numb for a couple of months until I masturbated one day and all the sensitivity in my penis came back after orgasm. Stupidly, I masturbated again and this time the ejaculate was 5 seconds off from the orgasm. That never happened to me before so I masturbated again, but this time I had no orgasm but I ejaculated. I masturbated again but the same thing happened. I masturbated again but the same thing happened. So I freaked out and grabbed the bottom shaft of my penis and squeezed it hard with my right hand. Then all the sensitivity just drifted away and I was numb again.

Ever since then the underside of my penis has been numb. The head isn’t as sensitive anymore. Orgasms are less pleasurable. And the penis doesn’t get super sensitive after orgasms anymore. Now I can’t get erections from visual stimulation or groping. I need direct stimulation to my penis to get an erection. I can’t orgasm with hand job. Penis doesn’t feel like it’s there. I no longer have that throbbing sensation because I cant feel my penis.

i also have this hard lump inside my bottom right shaft that came up after i squeezed my penis and losing my sensitivity.

i asked my uro if its scar tissue and he said its hard tissue kind of like a callast, but isnt hard tissue...scar tissue?

anyways my questions is, does peyronies cause numbness?

All tests were done flaccid
Doppler Ultrasound 2006 -normal
Doppler Ultrasound 2011 -normal
MRI soft tissue 2011 -normal
MRI lumbar spine 2011 -normal
MRI Pelvis 2011 -normal

Worried Guy

• Solid Contributor
Re: does peyronies cause numbness?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Sorry fella, not experienced that.  Sounds odd as your results came back normal.  Sorry I can't help.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:21 PM »

anyone else experience numbness in the penis. when flaccid i can actually feel the hard lump inside my shaft

SSmithe

• Voting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

I have definitely lost sensation, and at times felt numb throughout my entire penis.  Over time the numb feeling became less and less frequent, but the loss of sensitivity has remained.
32 years old.  Peyronies since 22. Stabilized peyronies plaque.  Erectile Dysfunction.  Trying to stay positive.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

I have definitely lost sensation, and at times felt numb throughout my entire penis.  Over time the numb feeling became less and less frequent, but the loss of sensitivity has remained.

did you fracture your penis before?

SSmithe

• Voting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »

I wouldn't call it a 'fracture'.  I never saw bruising or the signs of a ruptured tunica.  What happened is my penis got bent down while erect by my girlfriend during sex a handful of times over the course of a year. Each time became more painful.  Since then, blood flow has lessened and a year later I had strings of scar tissue and decreased erection ability.
That was almost 10 years ago... Im still trying to get my normal function back. I never went to see a Uro until about 2 years ago (when I finally admitted to myself something was wrong) and I was diagnosed with Peyronies.
32 years old.  Peyronies since 22. Stabilized peyronies plaque.  Erectile Dysfunction.  Trying to stay positive.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »

well when i asked my uro if scar tissue causes numbness and he said it shouldnt.

soooooo im kinda confused. really confused. im going to the neurologist on the 23rd so we'll see.

hopefully i can get some good news so i can get my life back, because the underside of my penis is numb period and iv been dealing with this for 5 years.

plaque is a kind of scar tissue so maybe if the plaque is really hard and compressing on a nerve than maybe it could cause numbness? i dont know...

SSmithe

• Voting Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:30:46 AM »

Agent 0,
Look into Pudendal nerve entrapment.  It runs right by the top of the base of your penis and out into the penis.  If there was any damage to that area, the nerve could have been injured.  It is a fairly common problem often for people who sit at desks all day... Also pelvic floor dysfunction.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »

im pretty sure the nerve problem is localized, meaning either i have a nerve damage or theirs a compressed nerve at the penis. iv look around and i found 2 websites saying that peyronies can cause penile numbness and i do have a hard cord like structure inside my right shaft. I can really feel it when its flaccid, but does anyone have else have penile numbness due to a penile fracture that was untreated?

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »

does anyone have else have numbness or a nerve injury due to peyronies?

the last time i saw my doc he said i did fracture my penis, and the lump is collagen aka peyronies disease, but he cant explain this numbness.

i went to this site http://www.peyroniesassociation.org/hear-from-others/ask-the-doctor/question-and-answer-archive/ and one of the Q&a said

I’ve had Peyronie’s disease for about 6 years. I can still get adequate erections and achieve intromission. However, there appears to be loss of sensation on one side of the penis which makes it difficult to reach orgasm, causing frustration for me and my partner. Could this be treated and/or reversed?

Dr. Levine answers: Loss of sensation is an unusual complaint for men with Peyronie’s disease. But your situation may be because the deformity interferes with stimulation of the area on your penis which is important for sexual arousal. If indeed the curvature is responsible for the diminished arousability then correction of deformity may help. On the other hand if this is a sensory loss due to injury, then there is really no recognized treatment to recover nerve sensation in the penis. In men who have this complaint associated with Peyronie’s disease or other causes, I do recommend massage and stretch therapy. The vitamin B complex vitamins have been also reported to be beneficial for nerve recovery, but this has not been supported in large-scale trials, and not at all in the penis. To determine whether the problem is a true sensory loss, biothesiometry, which is a measure of vibratory sensation, can be performed in the urologist office to evaluate the penile sexual sensation nerves.

Skjaldborg

• Major Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:55:27 AM »

agent0,

I had some loss of sensitivity for a few months after pain went away (was on pentox for 8 months). Dr. Lue explained that dorsal scar tissue (on the top of the penis) can press on the nerve bundle located there. This can cause pain, tingling sensations or numbness.

Currently, the loss of sensitivity has gone away or I have gotten used to it. Everything is working OK so I have no problems (except for slight hourglassing & curvature).

-Skjald

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »

was yours like a gradual loss of sensitivity?

when i first fractured my penis it went numb right away. then when the sensitivity all came back rush after a session of masturbating several months later, i lost it again because i squeezed my penis because i was ejaculating but not orgasming for 3 sessions. *dumbest thing ever i know*

but anyways my penis went straight back to numb after that.

anways know i do have a lump inside my shaft that is palpable, and i could possible be having scar tissue on the nerve bundle, but is their anything i can do about that?

getting rid of scar tissue thats compressing the nerve bundle? It could either be that or nerve damage, but i doubt i have nerve damage because the only thing i did was squeeze my shaft when the sensitivity came back, but then again i did squeeze it pretty hard, and the sensitivity came back several months later after i fractured my penis, anyways im really crossing my fingers that i didnt cause nerve damage, and im really hoping theirs something they can do to uncompress the nerve bundle.

il be seeing a neurologist on the 23 wish me luck

agent0

• Solid Contributor

does peyronies plaque or scar tissue have anything to do with loss of sensation in the penis? like constant numbness and loss of sensation?

the uro told me i have scar tissue in my penis, i recently bought some pentoxiflyn so maybe that might help. the numbness is pretty bad i dont really get morning erection anymore and when i do its semi-erect. i can no longer feel my urethra when i pee, orgasm have definitely loss their umph, penis is constantly numb flaccid or hard. does anyone else with peyronies experience this problem?

SSmithe

• Voting Member

Agent0
I have very similar if not almost exactly the same symptoms as you descibe.  Ive been trying to figure it all out for years now but with little luck...
Been on and off Pentox with little to no results.  Keep us posted if you come across anything.
SSMithe

agent0

• Solid Contributor

ssmithe are you sure you have scar tissue under the neruovasular bundle? did you get diagnosed with a ultrasound or mri? did u take the test flaccid or hard?

both our injuries deal with the penis pushed down, although mine only got pushed down once.

iv already ordered pentox im hoping that it will work. maybe if we soften the scar tissue it can uncompress the blood vessels leading to the nerves. is your penis discolored? kind of darker? has it changed color?

have you seen a neurologist? im thinking of trying to get an appointment with a neurologist that can do an emg, because it seems that not alot of people with peyronies have a loss of sensation and have numbness. so im trying to figure out what is causing mine. if it has something to do with the scar tissue then maybe if i soften the scar tissue with pentox, i will get back my sensation again. i hope.

Ben

• Solid Contributor

I have the same thing. Sensation and overall "tonus" is lost. That is to say when I take my penis in my hand the tip point lifelessly toward the ground.

I have been taking pentox for 4 months, erection is better, and sensation is better too, but only due to an improved bloodflow. I don't know if loss of sensation for me is stricly due to the plaque because just after the initial trauma it was like this.

agent0

• Solid Contributor

what do you mean by tonus? and how did you injure yourself? did you push down on it like me and ssmithe? i hope the pentox will work for me. like im numb to the point where the underside of my penis feels like rubber.

well i heard somewhere internal bleeding put pressure on a nerve. then inflammation then scar tissue.

i just really hope pentox will work. i feel like this is my last chance. iv been to a neuro and he said he dosent know what the problem is because the dorsal nerves in the mri look fine.

and where is your plaque located? are you numb when your flaccid too?

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »

well, seeing the neurologist was a huge failure. he pretty much looked at the mri and told me, he couldn't see anything wrong from the mri's. what a huge let down. i called him a couple of days ago and asked his nurse to ask him if he thinks i have nerve damage and she told me the doctor said he dosent think so. so he just tossed me some ant-depressant pills which im not going to take.

so now the only thing i have going for me is pentoxiflyin and im not even sure if that will cure this numbness problem. maybe, the scar tissue is compressing on the nerve and maybe the pentox will soften it allowing the nerves to communicate again. sigh, im tired of this problem.

anyways heres some articles iv read on how pentox helps nerve injuries
http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/medical/issues/sag-02-32-3/sag-32-3-3-0012-10.pdf
http://www.europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838%2810%2900999-1/pdf/Pentoxifylline+Promotes+Recovery+of+Erectile+Function+in+a+Rat+Model+of+Postprostatectomy+Erectile+Dysfunction

i hope this pentox works.

torn

• Voting Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »

Yes I experience numbness as well. My penis doesn't get engorged with blood and throb like it used to before my penis pump injury. I can only very rarely get erections from thoughts or sight anymore. A lot of times I get the cold shower feeling where it is numb. The sensitivity is significantly less and my orgasms aren't nearly as intense. And to think just 3 years ago I had normal sexual function. Life sucks.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 02:35:05 AM »

life does suck. how long have you been on pentox torn? has it been working? can you feel your scar tissue getting smaller?

fubar

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 02:51:30 AM »

Life does not suck!You need to put on your big boy pants on  and soldier up.Or maybe think about fighting back.I went through many months dealing with erecfile dysfunction. Not fun but something you can work through.Do not give up!

Fubar

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 03:28:01 AM »

I NEVER WILL GIVE UP FUBAR  :)

torn do you think the numbness is due to nerve damage or due to an association with the plaque or scar tissue?

i think mine is due to the scar tissue.

anyways im gonna take pentox and ask my doctor about collagenase (xiaflex)
maybe if i decompress the scar tissue and release the nerves i can get my sensation back.
if i inject collagenase could that possible damage the nerve?

the scar tissue is actually right where the right dorsal nerve should be. im sure thats putting pressure on the nerve to make the whole right side of my shaft numb.

but, im confused in the mri my neuro said it dosent look like anything is compressing the nerves, sigh.
but i called my neuro a couple of days ago and asked him if he thinks i had nerve damage and he said no, atleast that's what the nurse told me, i asked her to ask the doctor.

fubar

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 05:03:38 AM »

Maybe. I am being a little insensitive about damage? But I tend to focus on what is alive and not dead.Maybe if I look at my dick and how it feels I could say it is lifeless or numb.Yes where the damage is it is different.Can I explain it the way you do , no.I had Erectile Dysfunction I can get rock hard but week at the hinge at times,  no numbness that I know of but could that be a week erection? How do you interpret numbness? Maybe it is just that a week erection and that is definately not a good sign.

Fubar

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 05:44:51 AM »

numbness would be not being able to feel your urethra when you urinate, feeling none to barely any sensation while masturbating, not being able to feel a fine touch, not being able to feel a sharp pain from hitting or flicking your dick, touching your penis and realizing it feels like rubber from your finger tips, not being able to feel that throbbing feeling when you have an erection.....yeah

alot of times people with some kind of nerve problems in their penis cant get spontaneous erections, cant get erections through visual stimulation. for me i have to touch my penis in order for it to get erect. i also don't get morning erections that much anymore.

i have a hard nodule inside of my shaft and a really hard scar on the tunica albuginea. i also get a really bad hourglass figure on the onset of some erections, iv got 2 indents in my bottom right shaft.

having a severely numb penis is the worst symptom anyone can have, i wouldn't wish it on anyone.

life does suck, atleast for me it does, but im trying really hard to find out what is causing this numbness.

i think the only thing left for me is the pentox or the collagenase. i should be getting pentox pretty soon ,but my hopes are really low on how it could revive my penis and give me my sensitivity back. iv been to a neuro recently and he took a look at my mri's and told me all the nerves look fine, but then again the mri was taken 5 years after the injury.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »

just got my 90 pills of pentox today im excited to try it and it hope it works.

fubar

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

Agent0

Do not know if pentox will help numbness but it will increase blood flow as it changes shape of blood platelets so they  will fit in small arteries.Wish you the best of luck and do not let people tell you suppliments do not help with the disease.

Fibar

torn

• Voting Member
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »

just got my 90 pills of pentox today im excited to try it and it hope it works.

I've been on pentox and ubiquinol for almost 3 months now and it honestly hasn't done much.

Tim468

• Major Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »

Sorry to hear that Torn.

The initial reports showed improvement measured after about 6 months, and one patient opted to continue for (I *think*) two years and got further improvement.

It is extremely frustrating that no single therapy provides a complete cure, not even Pentox. But you are at least trying the best that one can do to yourself, and that is a good thing.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Worried Guy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »

I've been on Pentox now for 4 months and have seen no improvement.  I have 3 months supply left and will continue.  I believe now that pentox does not really help a great deal.  My uro is only giving it me because he says it can't hurt and not because he believes it will do anything. I'm taking Coq10 and have just finished the last of my L arginine.  It is not realistic to expect a pill to help peyronies.  Pills don't fix scar tissue for other diseases or accidents so why do we expect pills to fix peyronies.  Perhaps it does stop progression because I've not got any worse since the 3 month stage and I'm now at nearly 8 months, but how would I honestly know.  Perhaps the people who were taking pentox would have got better on their own.  I just don't accept one study from Iran as definitive proof.  Not that I have a problem with Iran really but if the study had been from a University hospital in London or New York It would carry more weight for me. I don't believe the argument that Pentox does not get the support because there is no money in it.  Doctors want to help their patients and if there was a cure they would prescribe it. I believe the VED study my urologist put together more than the Pentox study for example.  I've been using the VED device now for 7 weeks and I believe I'm now starting to see changes.  I'm going to place my faith in the VED and Xiaflex when it is available because from what my uro has told me and many of the people on here these are the only worthy options.

I'm sorry if this is off topic.

Skjaldborg

• Major Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

Worriedguy,

Sorry pentox did not work for you. It is not a magic bullet but as you said it is a low-risk attempt to treat an essentially untreatable disease. I will say that pentox was beneficial for me in that my pain went away very quickly after starting the drug and I saw a return in some length that I had lost. I believe I was in the acute inflammatory stage when I took it so perhaps it stopped further progression. I still have curvature and hourglassing, however so I am not cured obviously. I'm glad that I had the option of taking pentox; it's better than nothing.

-Skjald

fubar

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 12:05:08 AM »

Keep taking the pentox, ubiquinol and cialis and use some device for therapy. Believe me my dick is f*$%# and is getting better we do not waste our time for quitters. I have had this for year and a half and it is working.

My junk is recuperating and so will yours doing the treatment in routine and structure.You have to stay the coarse.And most on the forum have had results.with pentox, cialslis and ubiquinol.

If you are not waking up with a erection you need cialis .If you are young and not waking up with morning glory,  definately get on low dose cialis.

If you can note afford it I can help you and so can the net.

Look you can not waste time with this, take action now!

Fubar

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »

have u been seeing any improvement on once a day cialis fubar? does it help remove the scar tissue?

are indents usually where the injury happened?

SSmithe

• Voting Member

agent 0
I got the ultrasound done while hard.  I can feel the 'chord' of scar tissue along the entire length my penis on the upper (dorsal) side.  There are strings of scar tissue along the bottom as well, but much smaller.

Not to rain on your pentox parade, but I am on my second round of it.  The first was for 9 months, took 4 off, now on again.  To be honest I can't say it has done anything for me other than improve blood flow while on it.  I have had pain after sex for almost 10 years now.  Ubiquinol seemed to help for a bit, but the pain came back.

As far as the numbness, I am at a loss. It actually varies a little day by day which is odd but gives me hope.  It is the worst symptom for me as sex is just not that enjoyable anymore.

Yes, the bottom of my penis turned a darker shade of brown than the rest.  It occurred around the same time as my initial peyronies onset.
SSmithe

agent0

• Solid Contributor

hmmm it seems like the only way to get rid of scar tissue or plaque is through surgery....

oral dosent seem to work, injection cause more scar tissue...

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:57 AM »

does everyone that has numbness have pain too? i just only have numbness

fubar

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 01:37:32 PM »

AgentO

I don't know anything about numbness and have rarely felt pain.I have been taking pentox for a year now.I ram out about a couple of weeks ago and still know pain.I know longer feel or see lumps and bumps in my penis.However I'm sure there is still scar tissue.

From what I remember about reading about injury the scar is opposite the bend.With indention I can only say what I feel.I think with an indention the scar is in the same spot.Maybe someone can set us both straight on the indention damadge.

Yes I feel that pentox and cialis help especially guys with Erectile Dysfunction.

Fubar

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »

can damaged tissue from the corpus cavernosum cause numbness? the tunica abluginea covers the corpus cavernosum then on top of the tunica is the (bucks fascia) nerves right? where the nerves and blood vessels are?

im confused about one thing though, are the dorsal nerves inside of the neurovascular bundle?

well im going to take a magnetic resonance neurography to see if the fibrosis is indeed compressing on the nerve which is causing this numbness.

i talked to a lady at the mrn center and she said theirs a 50/50 chance that the mrn will even find the problem. =( plus, the test is worth 3000
she said the nerves would be hard to see because of all the blood vessels next to each other.

if fibrosis is compressing on a nerve that would be nice, because then all i would have to do is cut of the scar tissue that is compressing the nerve right? so the nerve can breath again?

well im going to take the mrn, and hopefully fibrosis is pinching the nerve, that would be awesome

agent0

• Solid Contributor
numbness
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

so i went to my urologist and he said i dont have nerve damage. he said i have really deep scar tissue but the reason it isnt showing up on mri and doppler ultrasounds is because the scar tissue is too small.
i asked him if the scar tissue could be the cause of the numbness and he said maybe.

does anyone else have numbness?

i mean, what other things could be causing my numbness?

is it possible that i have a damaged vein or something that's not supplying the nerves with blood or something?

im very confused why im so numb.

my testosterone is high.

the numbness came from a injury about 6 years ago. ever since that injury iv been numb.

either way im putting all my hope in xiaflex so maybe if i get rid of the scar tissue il get my nerves back again. i hope.

Skjaldborg

• Major Contributor
Re: numbness
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

I had reduced sensation for about 10 months after I was first diagnosed. During orgasm I would feel sensation from the perineum instead of the glans area, it was odd. It has improved since then, perhaps because the scar tissue has shrunk and is no longer pushing up against nerves. Give it time and report back to the uro any changes. Good luck.

-Skjaldborg

agent0

• Solid Contributor
Re: numbness
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »

yeah i really hope scar tissue is the problem, if that the case then xiaflex should fix the numbness.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
Re: NUMBNESS and/or loss of sensation caused by Peyronie's
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »

anyone else have problems with numbness?

james1947

• Major Contributor
  • Age 71. Peyronies from January 2009
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe Erectile Dysfunction.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

skunkworks

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

Yup me too, have loss of sensation. Yet only in shaft, not the head.

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »

ok thanks skunk

agent0

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

my uro says i dont have nerve damage but believes i am numb. how is this possible?

if your numb for 6 years dosent the nerves eventually die?

Hawk

• 22cm Bionic Penis - Dr. Eid 8/7/18
  • Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »

I have no explanation for your doctors statement unless there is just pressure against your nerve.  That would be a good question for your doctor provided he Peyronies Disease is one of his main specialties.  If not he just a general urologist there is a good chance he has little idea what he is talking about.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 68 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Ben

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 04:35:42 AM »

For urologists nerve damages are when the nerve is cut physically, or impaired by various process.
I believe ours nerves suffered from ischemia (i.e. lack of blood supply). It's the same phenomenon that occurs in diabetis mellitus.

Traction gave me an little plus but it's not a cure. It will remodel a bit the scar.

Hawk

• 22cm Bionic Penis - Dr. Eid 8/7/18
  • Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »

For urologists nerve damages are when the nerve is cut physically, or impaired by various process.
I believe ours nerves suffered from ischemia (i.e. lack of blood supply). It's the same phenomenon that occurs in diabetis mellitus.

I think most doctors I know would define that as nerve damage.  I do not think most doctors fail to recognize that nerves can be damaged in multiple ways other than being cut.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 68 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Ben

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 05:10:55 AM »

Indeed, I said "or impaired by various process". On the other hand a majority of uro's I've seen had no idea of what happened in my case.

I make the distinction now between
- Peyronie's disease = partial rupture of albuginea. Curve ++, Erectile Dysfunction +/-, Loss of sensivity +/-
- Penis closed fracture = no rupture of albuginea but cavernosal trauma, Curve +/-, Erectile Dysfunction ++, Loss of sensivity ++

One uro said to me : your case is like reverse peyronie, the harder you are, the less is the curve.
In Peyronie when you are erected the curve is more visible than flaccid isn't it ?

james1947

• Major Contributor
  • Age 71. Peyronies from January 2009
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »

I have Peyronies and in my case the curve is much more visible when erect, when completely flaccid can't see curve.

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe Erectile Dysfunction.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up