Strategies to improve circulation

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyOcean

Over the years I've detected what I feel to be a significant correlation between the amount of "circulation" I have in my groin region and the progression of my Peyronies. I'm using flacid appearance as a proxy for circulation. When I seem to be hanging fairly full my Peyronies Disease seems to be fairly stable. However, when I am hanging less full (even the dreaded turtlehead on occasion) then I end up seeing a worsening of my Peyronies Disease.

What I'm wondering is what the most effective strategies are for improving circulation and increasing the fullness than I experience when I am flaccid. Here's what I've tried so far and how well I feel it works:

Yoga - Seems very good both because of increased blood flow and stretch for this region of the body
Exercise (in general) - Also seems to help although over-exercising appears to be a negative (maybe because of the stress on the body?)
Self-massage - Seems to help but inconsistently. Often after a good massage (~30 mins) of this region I'll hang very full. Other times it won't seem to make any difference.
VED - Similar to massage. Sometimes helps tremendously. Other times no noticeable difference post-VED.

Also, stress in general seems to make things worse. The two times I've noticed significant worsening of my Peyronies Disease were both times I was under a fair amount of stress.

Would love to hear any thoughts.

hopeful_one

Danny Ocean:

I was going through unprecedented levels of stress in my life during the months preceding my becoming afflicted with Peyronies Disease. Everyone reacts differently to stress but in my case I don't believe this was a coincidence.

I think Yoga, meditation and anything that helps you live in a more relaxed/less stressed state, and helps you sleep better has to help your body stay healthy and heal better. So, I think those kinds of positive lifestyle changes can help some people avoid becoming afflicted with something like Peyronies Disease in the first place or may help someone who has stable Peyronies Disease from aggravating the condition. However, I don't think it can do much to reverse the damage caused by Peyronies Disease.

I myself have made a lot of positive lifestyle changes since becoming afflicted with Peyronies Disease but I still find myself in the acute stage. Who knows, maybe my condition would have been worse if I hadn't made those changes. It's really impossible to gauge the effect when I have nothing to compare it to. Also, having Peyronies Disease itself is a MAJOR stressor. So, even with all the positive changes I've made, having Peyronies Disease has resulted in a net increase in stress over my life, pre-Peyronies Disease. It's an unbelievably frustrating condition to have but I will continue to do what makes sense which is to treat myself and my body well and hope that helps me heal more effectively. We'll see, I may have better answers for you a year from now. Good luck!

hopeful

crashbandit

This is a great thread on information about hardened flaccid states:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Continuation-of-Penis-hard-when-flaccid-thread/show/1122440

I agree with you that the disease seems it's worse in this hardened flaccid state, or even progresses. I have periods where my penis hangs nicely for weeks in a row then I'll have a few weeks where it turtles and feels hard. During these "hard" times my pain is at it's worse and the flaccid curving is at it's worse as well. I don't have a curve when erect... yet, thank God. I'm still within the acute phase of when the pain and signs first started, 6 months now. I believe up to one year is the time stabalization is complete.

Things that I feel helped me with maintaining a nice flacid state was:
-Trazodone, a prescription drug, 25mg before bed, this drug gives me very hard night erections and seems to give me a daily nice hang, but all this nice side effects seem to last for 2-3 weeks and then lose it's effectiveness.
- prostate vitamin formulaes give me a great flaccid hang aswell but once again loses it's effectiveness after a few weeks.

I have the hardened curved flaccid state right now as I type this message with pain to boot. F^@$!ng sucks but I guess it could be worse.  
Cheers

Woodman

I asked Dr. Levine a question sort of pertaining to this topic back in 2009 when I seen him. I told him / asked him I noticed when my pain and or inflammation was up I noticed a smaller erect length but when it subsided some it would improve and the length would increase. I asked him if there was a connection and he told me I wouldn't see why not. He seemed to buy into it too me while I was asking.