SEX AID's & Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

BSSS

I'm sure someone has brought it up before, but wanted to know if anyone has knowledge of any effort at all to help Peyronnie's sufferers with something like a prosthetic device for erections/to wear for intercourse?

I know that after I use the VED and am erect, I can manually straighten the unit with one hand applying pressure to a couple points. Of course as soon as I let go, it goes back to a curved state. (a little over 45*up and to the right)  The VED does help lots with engorgement, esp near the base, and I can't help but wonder if anyone's tried to develop some type of sleeve, etc. for a straightener.

I gotta say that the sex life with the missus has gone away pretty much.  My peyronnie's and her meno have combined for a really poor state of sex, and I know it's a shame, but it's difficult to recover what was once there.

LOL, just a pipe dream?

BSSS

BSSS

I probably should've been a little clearer in my post. Was wanting to know if anyone ever tried to make a temporary straightener ala a heavy duty condom, etc. for erections during intercourse for Peyronnie's sufferers. I know there are stupid (IMO) things like penis extensions, etc. that are toys, but since I have one bend really that bothers me most, was wondering why someone hasn't tried to make something to help pull things a little straighter.

Thanks!
BSSS

Brightdog

There ARE sleeves you can get at sex shops - soft pliable silicon. The problem is that they are often ribbed or studded "for her pleasure". Not everyone likes feeling like a jellyfish has replaced their loved one. I tried wearing one inside out and with a condom over it - so the smooth side was on the outside. But it doesn't stay in place very well and only partly helped with the bend. Not enough in my case because of how unusually severe my bend was.

Old Man

Note to interested guys:

Read Brightdog's post about the sleeves and adding my comments too. Some sex toy shops have a penis sleeve that fits the underside of the shaft. It has a coated metal bar in it and has adjustable loops to "wrap around" the shaft to hold it in place. If one can get partial erections and use these devices, penetration is possible. Some use condoms over them to prevent any discomfort to their partner.

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

BSSS

thanks for the info BD and Old Man!

restore

Any advice on using or not using a vibrating cock ring?  Wondering if it is not good for my Peyronies condition to have the vibrator on my penis.  The reason we're considering it is because my wife doesn't reach climax as well now since my Peyronies.  Mostly I think because the head is so soft and I lost alot of girth.

Old Man

restore:

I would say that any way that you get and achieve a better climax and ejaculation for you as well as your wife, it would work.

The only way I know that you would know for sure is to try one. If it works for the two of you, by all means report your success to the forum so that anyone else having the same problem would have the benefit of your success.

Old Man  
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

fubar

Restore

I agree with old man do what ever it takes. However, do not use something way to constricting especially with a weak erection.This may cause more damage and make Peyronie's progress.

This constrictive stuff is just not good! I would say know more than 30 minutes.You know what happens when a man has a noose around his head.

Fubar

mike67

My initial post earlier today didn't take. Here goes again.
At my last Uro visit in June , he suggested using the rings, or tension bands I think they are called - that came with the Vitality VED from Fitzz to maintain an erection that will last long enough.
Haven't tried it yet and wonder if anyone can offer info as to whether it works and if there is any method to follow. I have the booklet that came with it but first hand experience can be helpful.
Thanks.
Mikey

Old Man

Mike67:

The tension ring(s) can be safely used if one uses the correct one. There are several sizes that come with the package. You have to practice using them to determine which one works to hold up an erection for no more than the 30 minute that is considered the maximum. These tension rings are nothing more than a small tourniquet that puts enough pressure on the blood vessels to shut off the flow of blood. As we all know using a tourniquet on any bleeding would must be released at no more than 30 minutes to allow oxygen filled blood to circulate, etc.

Here is a suggested way to apply the tension rings and has worked great for me over the past 16 plus years that I have been using them for erections for sex. First, you lubricate the outside of the cylinder mouth where the rings will fit. Then you expand the ring(s) to fit over the mouth of the cylinder by applying them like the instructions show. Be sure that you have them indexed in the proper manner with the pull tabs for removal in the right direction horizontally across the shaft. Once you have pumped up to a full erection in the large cylinder, (that is if you have the three cylinder VED, if not, the large that came with the one cylinder VED, etc.) slide the tension ring(s) off the mouth of the cylinder onto the penile shaft as close to the body as possible. Holding the entire VED firmly against the body with one hand and slide the ring(s) off with the other hand.

The above method should cause the erection to hold up long enough for sex. You may or may not feel a slight coldness of your penis after the ring(s) is applied but this is normal. Notice that I have shown an S in parenthesis after the word ring. In some cases it may take two tension rings to hold up the erection, so you have to practice applying them before embarking on a sexual encounter so that you have the right retainer ring with the right tension.

Will be glad to field any and all questions that may be encountered by anyone using the VED for erections. Have had much experience in using them myself and in teaching others to use them.

Old Man

fubar

Mike

Yes they work but you have to be careful.I would not use them any longer than thirty minutes.Also remove it as soon as you are going limp.

Fubars

mike67

Fubar and Oldman
Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies.

Mike67
Mikey

mike67

Old Man
Tks. again for your detailed instructions on using the rings. I have gone over it again and re read the booklet that came with my Vitality from Augusta. The instructions all describe pulling the Tension ring over the cylinder as you pump up to an erection.
I guess I need to put a different twist to this request.
When we occasionally try to have sex , I can achieve a good , but bent , erection just from normal stimulation. So I don't have to use the VED. It just doesn't last long enough.
When I am using the VED in treatment for my Peyronies, as I have been for over 1 year now , the penis expands but on completing my session and removing the cylinder , the penis is long and full but not what I would call stiff - and no bend.  
So
1) If I use the cylinder preparatory to achieve an erection prior to pulling down the tension ring - it won't be hard enough. At least that is without actually applying the tension ring.
2) With stimulation it bends on becoming erect. Can you apply the tension ring on an erect and bent penis to hold the erection without having used the VED to achieve the erection?

I have to admit that I have only casually mentioned the rings to my wife and she hasn't yet had to deal with that new procedure. I guess as you suggested , I need to practice before trying it on her.
Thanks
Mike67
Mikey

Old Man

Mike67:

OK, the rings that came with the Vitality are quite different than those that come with the old Osbon Esteem one cylinder VED, which is what I had assumed you had. Anyway, it might be difficult to use two of those, but it can be done, just practice doing it before putting them in into actual intercourse.

Now to answer your questions in the order asked:

1. You are right, the erection just won't work if it is not firm enough, so you have to work on getting the right procedure to get one firm enough to hold up after the ring(s) are put into place.

2. Yes, you can apply the tension ring on an erect penis without using the VED pumped up. Just pull the ring onto the cylinder without attaching the cylinder to the pump. Simply place the ring on the cylinder and then slide the cylinder over your erect penis and hold it firmly against your body. Then push the ring off on to the shaft as close to your body as you possibly can. This has worked great for me with both the Somecorrect and Osbon Esteem one cylinder VEDs.  

Hope the above helps, and if your will report what happens so others on the forum might have the benefit of your experience.

Old Man

fubar

Mike

I never have heard you say that obtaining an erection is tough for you? Be advised constriction rings can cause problems especially if you have ed.You have to becareful how long you have them on.They can make Peyronie's worse.

Fubar

Not trying to stear!  you away from them just telling you to be very careful! Do not wear it for more than thirty minutes!

mike67

Fubar
Thanks for your warning. I will follow Old Man's advice given here again and be careful , as suggested by both of you.
Mike67
Mikey

charlie44

I have a moderate case of Peyronies with indentations halfway up my penis when erect. Accordingly this causes some structural instability during sex, so you have to be careful not to hurt yourself, avoid pain, etc.

There is a sex toy/aid whatever you want to call that actually helps somewhat. Many places where you can get things like that online sell "girth extenders". Basically they are just a 4 inch silicone sleave (1/4 inch thick)  that you put over the penis to make it thicker and supposedly more pleasurable for the girl. However, what they also do is act as a brace, just like a wrist, knee brace, etc. I have used one a couple times now, and it makes a big difference, with sex less painful and definitely improves the rigidity of the penis. I would say the improvement is significant. It's a very basic concept....you have material fully covering the weak spot and the strong spots so that adds stability like any brace would.

That is not their intent, but it definitely helps, and wanted to relay that to anyone else whom might could benefit.  

Old Man

charlie44:

Yes, those items can and will definitely help with holding up erections when one has venous leakage too. Some of us old geezers have used them in the past and they worked rather well during the times when erections were weak and sometimes would buckle in the middle when trying to gain entrance into the vagina.

I can understand where it would help with Peyronies Disease symptoms too in the case of curves/bends that would respond to the added support the "sleeve" as some call it would give to the shaft.

Old Man

mike67

Old Man & Charle44

This is interesting as a possible aid , perhaps instead of trying to slip on those rings, to hold an erection.
I am wondering , if you have a curvature that heads right in a straight line , starting about 1 inch above base , would this sleeve do any harm if installed down to the base , thereby forceably straightening the curve for the duration? Would it straighten the curve? Or is it too flexible and would just follow the direction of the curve?

Mike
Mikey

charlie44

Mike, I don't have a curve so cannot answer accurately....but I am guessing the sleaves would most likely follow the curve, and not straighten it much. You can always try. Search "girth enhancer" on amazon.com under the "health and beauty" category, and you will find what I am talking about for $10.92. Good luck.  

Old Man

Mike67:

OK, these "sleeves" are available from most any sex toy source. I am sure that in your home town, there are several. You can check on line as 44 says too. There are many sex toy sites available.

You can go to this site for referral links to many of them: www.ejacu.com

This site also shows several thousand pictures of penises in various sizes, shapes and fashions as well. I have referred guys to this site for them to check out and compare their symptoms to those in the pictures.

Let us know if you get one of these to try out. I see no reason why they would not hold ones penis in a straighter form when applied. Suppose it would depend on the strength of the sleeve. You might want to check to see they come in various sizes and strength's as well.

Old Man

BrooksBro

I am just learning about the Rejoyn Support Sleeve system and Comfort Covers.  I am interested in learning of men's experience in using these products.  I am particularly interested in knowing if they are rigid enough to reduce the curve sufficient to permit intercourse.

What is the difference between their Support Sleeve and their Endure Sleeve?

This topic is not intended for information about the Rejoyn VED or constricting bands.