Biothesiometry for loss of penile sensitivity?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan74

Hello all,
Does anyone have experience with requesting or experiencing a biothesiometry test for measuring penile sensitivity?
https://www.medscape.com/answers/444220-69959/what-is-the-role-of-biothesiometry-in-the-evaluation-of-erectile-dysfunction-ed

If not, are there any other ways of objectively measuring one's penis sensitivity? Anecdotally, I feel like the bottom half of my penis is getting much less sensitive to sensations (touch, temperature, etc) but hopefully there are better unbiased ways to know. I've only seen a couple of old posts mentioning it so wanted to put out the request.
Thanks and hope everyone is doing well.
Late twenties, symptoms started late July. Current status: Confirmed "Mild" case, curvature 20-25 degrees. Significant hourglassing at base

Tobyg

I lost sensitivity in all my penis due to peyronie, although as my glans was very sensitive (I had a foreskin), it did not affect me as much, then I had a circumcision for a minor problem, and this completely affected the functioning of the penis.
I don't think there is anything to measure objective sensitivity, there is electromyography, but I don't think it's a good idea to use it on the penis.
The circumcision affected me more than the peyronie
32 years,injured at 25.
Slight curve, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and semi-erect.
Loss of sensitivity due to peyronie and circumcision  moderate erectile dysfunction, pain.
I improved the pelvic floor with kinesiology.
Frequent urination.

TonySa

Check out this article for a sensitivity test:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/

If the patient complains of loss of sensation on his penile shaft or glans, it is useful to perform hot and cold perception testing and/or additional vibratory sensory testing with biothesiometer.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Tristan74

Thanks Tony- it looks like the link may have been cut off since this takes me to the PMC homepage.
Late twenties, symptoms started late July. Current status: Confirmed "Mild" case, curvature 20-25 degrees. Significant hourglassing at base

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

TonySa

Tristan74