Sensation & Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

fgp

What do you all know about sensation & Peyronies?  Is there good sensation below the scar tissue area?  

LWillisjr

Interesting.....

I don't recall anyone saying that Peyronies interferes with their sensation. Since the majority of the nerve are in the head of the penis, and others along the skin that covers the tunica. Peyronies Disease scarring occurs deeper (on the Tunica) and should not interfere with sensation.

What may cause problems, is that some men experience pain with Peyronies Disease. And the pain can override and feelings of pleasure depending on the severity of the pain.

A decrease of sensation has been reported by men that have followed the path of surgery for curvature correction. I believe in most cases most if not all of the sensation returned after some extended period of haling and recovery post surgery.

Does this answer your question?  Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

SSmithe

Perhaps it is the pain as lwillisjr suggested, but I have definitely lost a significant amount of sensation.  I even got tested for it by my urologist.
SSmithe
32 years old.  Peyronies since 22. Stabilized peyronies plaque.  ED.  Trying to stay positive.

fgp

Wow....I'm really slow to respond.  Have not checked the site in a while... I'm new... I guess for some reason I thought any responses would come to my email.  I'm getting it now!

Thank you SSmithe & Les for your replies. I have been seeing someone for about 8 months who has Peyronies.  Initially I noticed some things that made me wonder if he had good sensation below the scarring.  The great thing is we can talk about it.  We did talk & he doesn't think that is the case.  He talks about it "tickling" in some positions, which seems to interfere with pleasure...I wonder if that is some of the "pain" that you guys are talking about, though he says there is no position that is painful.  

I feel for you guys.  The man that I am seeing is amazing.  The Peyronies makes him very self-conscious but he makes the best of it.  I love him regardless, but I know it makes him feel "less."  I hope that I can somehow convey to him that he is not.  I haven't read a lot of the posts, but I keep typing & deleting because I feel like what I'm typing is so personal between us, yet I know you guys understand, and I want to ask.  It's kind of hard to step out there.

Thanks for your responses.

fgp

fgp

SSmithe,

Thank you for your response.  Do you notice the loss of sensation being below the scar tissue area in particular?  I feel so silly asking, but do parts of the penis tend to get harder than other parts?  I guess what I mean is is it dependent on where the scar tissue is as to what area hardens more?  I'm just trying to understand so I can be a better partner...not trying to be nosey.  I appreciate this forum.

fgp