Peyronie's Symptoms or Congential Curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

hellodare

This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to get some opinions.  I am 29 years old.  I used to masturbate in the flaccid state by lying against a bed.  I know now that that was probably bad.  I did this until March of this year so I didn't really didn't see my erection too much.  I decided to stop doing that since I thought I might be causing damage to it.  In November 2008, I woke up with a curved erection in my boxers.  I'm about 7.5 inchs long and about 6 inches in girth so I'm not sure if I never noticed this before or if my erection was getting curved, or if since I was masturbating against the bed that I just never noticed that my erection was slightly curved down (about 10 degrees.)    

In January 2009, I went to a urologist to see what the problem was and he diagnosed felt my flaccid penis and diagnosed me with Peyronie's disease, prescribed me to take one 400IU unit of Vitamin E a day.  However, he did say that he only felt a plague on the bottom right side of my penis.  Now, if it's on the bottom right side of the penis, shouldn't that mean the penis should be bending towards the right rather than downward.  He said that it was strange that it was bending down.

Right now my curve is still about 10 degrees and my erections are fine.  I do notice an area towards the middle of my shaft that gets hard after the rest of it, but I am still able to get hard and have satisfactory intercourse.  My flaccid penis also has a curve around my testicles.  I'm not sure though if it's just conforming to the area it is in or if that is a peyronie's symptom.  From what I read on-line there is no deformity when the penis is flaccid.

Since I haven't had any problems with it in about 18 months and the curve hasn't gotten worse, I'm not sure if I should just live with it, or see another urologist.  I'm scared about the curve getting much worse and I feel fortunate that it is not too bad the way it is right now.

Any thoughts?  Do you think my curve is from a congenitally curved penis or do I have peyronie's disease?  Any thoughts on what I should do?

gavman

Hi hellodare,

From what I've understood, you had a straight (or curved up) erection until November 2008?

My understanding is congenital means you've always had a curve, or at least since puberty during your growth stage. You have developed a curve in your late 20's, so that sounds like peyronies, and the Urologist also confirmed this. Not that Urologists are always correct, but he felt a plaque so that's a pretty good indicator.

As for why it bends down and not down and to the right, I don't know. I would have thought that was a good thing, better than a downwards AND sideways curve.

It's only 10 degrees, which is not very much at all compared to most peyronies and congenital curves, but I can see that it could still be concerning given that it is not your normal penis.

It is positive that it hasn't gotten worse in 18 months. I'm not sure about peyronies progression in terms of time frames, I'm sure someone else here can help you there, but it's better than having gotten worse that's for sure.

It is also very good that you are having good erection quality.

I won't comment on what to do because I'm not sure about time frames for progession before seeking treatment.  

I had congenital curvature around 40 degrees down and I had a Nesbit procedure 3 months ago, I lost half an inch in length but my erection now has a high angle and curves up slightly as requested. I'm very happy with it at this stage although it was quite an ordeal (more the recovery, not knowing how it was going to turn out).

Good luck, feel free to PM me with any questions, I don't get on here too much at the moment.

Cheers.

hellodare

Update on my condition:

I went to a different urologist and he could not feel a plaque while I was flaccid.  I'll probably be going for an ultrasound but unsure of the risks of injecting my penis.  

Is it possible to have peyronie's disease without a plaque?

chiguy

I am considered borderline peyronies. I have minimum curvature that developed a few years back. The ultrasound is completely safe IF done by someone qualified to do it. I had mine done at Rush University Hospital in Chicago with a radiologist working with Dr. Levine. They determined I have (now had) some harder areas, but not definite plaque. Therefore, I was diagnosed as borderline peyronies and treated like I have it.