Freaking out- Is it even worth doing traction anymore?

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcernedandWorried

I'm at 1 year and 4 months. One of the two original scars still hurts. In the last year I've gained several scars after the first (including the one that endows me with the only noticeable bend in my penis). Is it worth doing traction? I started using the device around the 8 month mark, used it regularly for a course of two months, and then a third month sporadically. Nothing seemed to be happening. I managed to, judging by the pain (unrelated to the traction), gain another scar or aggravate the original scars during that same time. These scars still seem to be "active". Should I bother starting up again?

I didn't just stop because I was frustrated with the lack of progress. It was also because, for reasons that are hard to explain to other people, it interacted with my OCD compulsions and the way they pattern my life in a way that I found incredibly stressful. I don't expect anyone to understand that. I'm retarded.

TonySa

I think you would want to give it 6-12 months.  However, if it is creating distress-what about trying VED which is limited to 20" x2/day with pentox and low dose nightly PDE5i meds?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

mith76

Which traction device are you using? You could try using some handwarmers (heat), it can help with the pain.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **