Xiaflex effectiveness based on plaque position

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadman66

On my 3rd cycle of Xiaflex with little improvement. My plaque is thickest near the Glans at the top of the shaft. Just wondering if anyone else has their plaque there and whether Xiaflex has helped at all?

TonySa

Some had no progress until after 3 or 4 rounds.  Be sure to add traction as it improves xiaflex outcomes.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Breadman66

Thanks for the response. I am also doing about 35 hours per week of traction (3 months). Keep hoping and praying for some change, any change.  

BillSmith

I had plaque in the same location as yours.  It was like an upside down "U" as it wrapped around the sides and very thick. Had a secondary curve also. I had 8 rounds(16 shots) at a major medical institution. You would know it.  My plaque behind my gland is now the size of a grain of rice. Curve is much improved. Still there but very minimal - wife says she can't see any curve. I used restorex every day on both of my curves for about 12 months - I used a bunch of tension the same day as my injections and every day after. I would bend down very aggressively with restorex 2 clicks past 90 degrees for those who are familiar. When I first started it felt like I slammed it in a car door. Then the plaque let lose. Now I can bend it that much with minimal discomfort.  You asked so I'm telling you this worked for me. I would not recommend this for anyone as every situation is different. I used a bunch of tension both traction and manual however I was very gradual in applying tension. I think this was important. I'm posting because I was devastated when I got this however there is hope. I was looking for it a year ago. It was a long frustrating process a roller coaster of emotions but I kept at it. Continued to see improvement rounds 5-8 - that's why I kept going. Hated it but stuck with it. 4 1/2 weeks out of my  last Xiaflex round. Done and very happy. Hang in there bro.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Great news bill smith, have you posted your story under xiaflex success stories?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Breadman66

Yeh Bill Smith sounds like what I have. Very thick up top near the glans. There's no way I can afford 8 rounds. Insurance won't cover Xiaflex in Australia. 4 rounds cost about 10 grand. That's my limit. I've got the Phallosan (suction) and a VED. I'm giving it till the end of the year then I'll start looking into Plication  surgery. Glad to hear you're getting results! Gives the rest of us hope