BLOOD Thinners

Previous topic - Next topic

boomerang

I have developed a theory due to my recent and historical medical experiences.

Please read on for my story.

I have Dupuytrens contracture, and a similar problem with my toes now and suffered peyronies about six months ago aggravated by taking bisoprol.  None of these were caused by injury, however I can see that injury could precipitate these conditions as could medications.  My peyronies started a year before I started to get worsening heart problems and an eventual heart attack.  Eventually I persuaded my Doc to get me tested for susceptibility to thrombosis because of worsening circulation problems and surprisingly one test came back positive (anti-cardiolipin antibodies) with a note to check for Hughes Syndrome ( a suspected autoimmune disease ).  Surprisingly again the treatment for  Hughes Syndrome and also Lupus is--- Blood thinning.

Aspirin for mild cases and Warfarin or Heparin for more severe cases.

I persuaded my consultant to put me on Fragmin (Heparin injections one every night) to my surprise this relieved my atrial fibrillation and erratic heart rate and completely removed many weird symptoms my doctors had been dismissing for years including recent dizzy spells, hearing problems eye problems migraines.
I am now taking neprinol  (nattokinase and serapeptase main ingredients)which thins my blood better than the fragmin (heparin)  without side effects. I can now get an erection having had failing erections getting worse over the last 10 years however my penis still bends severely at the moment.

I am only taking the neprinol and nothing else apart from some vitamin  E and D supplement pills now and I feel 20 years younger.

I can now cycle off road over rough country for an hour or more without getting tired or out of breath.  The day after taking the neprinol I could cycle up the hill outside our house 8 gears higher than before and without getting out of breath.  This I found amazing. By the way I am not a salesman for neprinol, I just found it by chance.  I also believe that I know why it works.

I believe now that most people with peyronies will have other symptoms and particularly symptoms associated with lack of oxygen and glucose to the body tissue and brain.  

Blood tests for oxygen and sugar levels will be useless and almost certainly not show anything abnormal.  

The problem I believe is not with blood oxygen and sugar levels but with the oxygen and glucose not getting to the body cells from the blood.

Just because the oxygen and glucose are correct in the blood it does not mean it gets to the cells where it is needed.

I am looking at infection as a cause of this and suspect all "Autoimmune diseases" may have this cause.

Unfortunately infections are not as easy to detect as most people think.

Parasites such as viruses and bacteria can go "Resident" in our body cells.  They will often turn off our cells immune responses to avoid detection.  There is apparently a piece of our DNA which they all target to turn off the immune response. This is called VDR.  There is work progressing to treat people with all types of "Autoimmune diseases with VDR agonists to switch the VDR DNA back on again"

I am beginning to believe that some people are more susceptible to these diseases is probably down to their immune systems being compromised or weak in certain areas which lets in the infection in the first place.

I believe that those with peyronies will also most likely have the symptoms of

1) Hypoxia (Body tissue not blood)  Low oxygen levels to cells.

2) Hypoglycaemia (Body tissue not blood) Low sugar energy transfer from blood to cells.

The brain requires copious supplies of oxygen and glucose so it is not surprising that people with peyronies complain of having epilepsy, depression, migraines and eye and ear problems.  They will almost certainly have a compromised breath holding ability and suffer from fatigue.  Nearly all of these symptoms will be very mild at first.

I found that I developed a sugar craving which alleviated my fatigue symptoms somewhat.
The symptoms of Hypoxia and Hypoglycaemia are notoriously hard to pin down due to the multiple organs and systems affected by these conditions.  The symptoms are numerous and different in most people.  However I can list the typical symptoms if anyone would like to know.

jackp

Warning
Neprinol is not approved to fight or prevent diseases. The Federal Food and Drug Administration has classified it as a supplement.  

George999

I took Neprinol for around six months and noticed zero effect on my Peyronie's.  I did find it helpful for joint pain and chest congestion, but not at all for Peyronie's.  It is also extremely expensive.  - George

MikeSmith0

I think thats why a lot of people take pentox:

Pentoxifylline administration has been shown to produce dose-related hemorrheologic effects, lowering blood viscosity, and improving erythrocyte flexibility. Leukocyte properties of hemorrheologic importance have been modified in animal and in vitro human studies. Pentoxifylline has been shown to increase leukocyte deformability and to inhibit neutrophil adhesion and activation. Tissue oxygen levels have been shown to be significantly increased by therapeutic doses of pentoxifylline in patients with peripheral arterial disease.

-- rxlist.com

George999

1) Neprinol is NOT a blood thinner.

2) Aspirin is a powerful blood thinner but does not stop Peyronie's.

3) Coumadin is an extremely powerful blood thinner and there is absolutely no evidence that it is effective against Peyronie's.

4) Pentoxifylline is not only a blood thinner but also a TGF-beta1 blocker and THAT is why it is effective against Peyronie's.

5) Peyronie's aggressiveness has been tied to TGF-beta1 concentrations by numerous research studies.

6) A combination of Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have been shown to be the most effective strategy to lower TGF-beta1 levels AND reverse Peyronie's.

The speculation around here tends to go in all directions, but it really helps to pay attention to the research and to the obvious.  To tie Neprinol to Peyronie's via its purported blood thinning qualities is ridiculous.  Its NOT a blood thinner.  If you want an enzymatic blood thinner, the answer is something like Nattokinase which actually gets rid of Fibrin and thus thins the blood.  The enzymes in Neprinol are interesting, but not blood thinning.  A number of us on this forum have used Neprinol religiously and gotten absolutely zero results in spite of claims by Dr Herazy and others about its wondrous properties.  If blood thinning is indeed the answer, why not use stuff like Aspirin and Nattokinase, both of which are dirt cheap compared to Neprinol?  - George

boomerang

George999 in reply to your comments which are much appreciated.

1) You are WRONG on this one BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION. Neprinol actually contains nattokinase which you say is a blood thinning enzyme. Neprinol does thin my blood equivalent to the fragmin I was taking. So according to you Neprinol is not a blood thinner but is also blood thinner due to the nattokinase it contains. It either is a blood thinner or not so please make your mind up.

2) Aspirin is not a very good blood thinner and does not work well at capillary level.

3) Coumadin (warfarin) thins the blood but all blood thinners thin the blood in different ways.

4) It is good to hear that Pentoxifylline IS also a blood thinner!!! maybe we are on the right track with that.

5) The question is: what causes the TGF-beta1 concentrations?  This is the major question that needs answering.

6) You say that a combination of Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have been shown to be the most effective strategy to lower TGF-beta1 levels AND reverse Peyronie's. OK good but why if beta blockers are known to cause peyronie's does the use of beta blockers work (in some cases)?

There is no doubt in my case that I need my blood thinning and neprinol does just that with its nattokinase content, I witness that. I would not be writing this now if I were not taking blood thinning medication I would be in Hospital or probably dead. !00 percent certainty. Neprinol thins my blood and keeps me out of the Hospital where I was taken by emergency services 5 times last year.

Whether the serrapeptase content of Neprinol can fix the peyronie's is still up for debate but the question is: what effect will the Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have on me when I have already had adverse effects from taking Bisoprolol including worsening Peyronie's?  The anti inflammatory effects of neprinol have worked very well for me.  I was suffering from severe inflammation at the site of a minor op where a cyst had been removed and severe joint inflammation in my spine; I also suffered fatigue and atrial fibrillation and migraines. I was disabled and at risk of death.  Taking Neprinol has removed ALL of these symptoms.  So I would not dismiss Neprinol off hand.  I am thinking of taking Nattokinase and Serrapeptase in different proportions later on.

However I am still interested in any research  and what effects the Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol would have on me!

I believe that Peyronie's could well be symptomatic of a larger problem and that all people who develop peyronie's will have other systemic problems as the root cause.  The older the person the more symptoms I would expect.

Here I list some of the symptoms I would expect from such a systemic problem, however most people might only have a couple of the symptoms listed especially if they are more youthful.

Migraines
Depression
Slight personality problems
Poor short term memory
Dyslexia
Back problems
Bowel problems
Ear problems (Ringing or balance )
Vein problems( thread veins )
Restless legs/cold legs/sore legs
Tendency to injury and chronic complications.
Extreme fatigue after exercise
Sugar/chocolate craving
Muscle twitching
Food intolerances
Allergies
Heartburn

Quote from: George999 on May 05, 2010, 11:49:03 AM

3) Coumadin is an extremely powerful blood thinner and there is absolutely no evidence that it is effective against Peyronie's.

4) Pentoxifylline is not only a blood thinner but also a TGF-beta1 blocker and THAT is why it is effective against Peyronie's.

5) Peyronie's aggressiveness has been tied to TGF-beta1 concentrations by numerous research studies.

6) A combination of Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have been shown to be the most effective strategy to lower TGF-beta1 levels AND reverse Peyronie's.

The speculation around here tends to go in all directions, but it really helps to pay attention to the research and to the obvious.  To tie Neprinol to Peyronie's via its purported blood thinning qualities is ridiculous.  Its NOT a blood thinner.  If you want an enzymatic blood thinner, the answer is something like Nattokinase which actually gets rid of Fibrin and thus thins the blood.  The enzymes in Neprinol are interesting, but not blood thinning.  A number of us on this forum have used Neprinol religiously and gotten absolutely zero results in spite of claims by Dr Herazy and others about its wondrous properties.  If blood thinning is indeed the answer, why not use stuff like Aspirin and Nattokinase, both of which are dirt cheap compared to Neprinol?  - George

George999

Quote from: boomerang on May 08, 2010, 05:40:34 PM
George999 in reply to your comments which are much appreciated.

1) You are WRONG on this one BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION. Neprinol actually contains nattokinase which you say is a blood thinning enzyme. Neprinol does thin my blood equivalent to the fragmin I was taking. So according to you Neprinol is not a blood thinner but is also blood thinner due to the nattokinase it contains. It either is a blood thinner or not so please make your mind up.

OK, I will concede you that one.  It does contain a blood thinner.  The bottle I have from when I was taking it long ago does not state how much.  But now they do list the FU potency.

2) Aspirin is not a very good blood thinner and does not work well at capillary level.

OK

3) Coumadin (warfarin) thins the blood but all blood thinners thin the blood in different ways.

True, but the point is?

4) It is good to hear that Pentoxifylline IS also a blood thinner!!! maybe we are on the right track with that.

Pentoxifylline causes the blood cell walls to become very elastic so that they squeeze through the tiniest spaces.

5) The question is: what causes the TGF-beta1 concentrations?  This is the major question that needs answering.

If you or anyone else has a PROVEN answer to this question, I would love to know that answer, but I am not sure that speculation is all that helpful.

6) You say that a combination of Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have been shown to be the most effective strategy to lower TGF-beta1 levels AND reverse Peyronie's. OK good but why if beta blockers are known to cause peyronie's does the use of beta blockers work (in some cases)?

There is at least one research study that demonstrates that:
1)  Pentoxifylline lowers levels of TGF-beta1 in damaged tissue
2)  Alpha Tocopherol DOES not lower TGF-beta1 levels in damaged tissue
3)  A combination of Pentoxifylline AND Alpha Tocopherol lowers levels of TGF-beta1 far more than Pentoxifylline alone.

There is also at least one research study showing the Pentoxifylline AND Alpha Tocopherol better treat Pulminary Fibrosis as compared to Pentoxifylline alone.

Beta blockers are absolutely nasty meds unless you really need them.  I am convinced that a Beta Blocker (Metoprolol) was part of what led up to my Peyronie's problem.  Pentoxifylline is NOT a beta blocker.  It is a TGF-beta1 blocker.  They are to completely different and unrelated things.

There is no doubt in my case that I need my blood thinning and neprinol does just that with its nattokinase content, I witness that. I would not be writing this now if I were not taking blood thinning medication I would be in Hospital or probably dead. !00 percent certainty. Neprinol thins my blood and keeps me out of the Hospital where I was taken by emergency services 5 times last year.

I would be the last person in the world to question the value of Neprinol.  It IS a very interesting supplement.  It cleaned out my lungs in no time and my chronic bronchitis has never returned.  It also cleaned up my joints.

Whether the serrapeptase content of Neprinol can fix the peyronie's is still up for debate but the question is: what effect will the Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol have on me when I have already had adverse effects from taking Bisoprolol including worsening Peyronie's?  The anti inflammatory effects of neprinol have worked very well for me.  I was suffering from severe inflammation at the site of a minor op where a cyst had been removed and severe joint inflammation in my spine; I also suffered fatigue and atrial fibrillation and migraines. I was disabled and at risk of death.  Taking Neprinol has removed ALL of these symptoms.  So I would not dismiss Neprinol off hand.  I am thinking of taking Nattokinase and Serrapeptase in different proportions later on.

As long as you understand that multiple people on this forum, including myself, have consumed large quantities of Neprinol with absolutely no benefit in terms of Peyronie's.  There are lots of marketing hype claiming that Neprinol cures Peyronie's, but I am still waiting for a believable claim for that to appear on this website and an explanation as to the protocol that provides the cure.  Neprinol is really expensive.  I spent hundreds of dollars on it before I found that a few dollars a month on Pentoxifylline achieved results and Neprinol was worthless in comparison.

However I am still interested in any research  and what effects the Pentoxifylline and Alpha Tocopherol would have on me!

You can find multiple accounts as to the efficacy of Pentoxifylline on this website and also research data demonstrating the same in the resource section.  Pentoxifylline has been proved to be effective.  It won't cure you, but it will stop progression and may very well make you better.  I have never seen any verifiable independent studies showing the same for Neprinol or any believable accounts.

I believe that Peyronie's could well be symptomatic of a larger problem and that all people who develop peyronie's will have other systemic problems as the root cause.  The older the person the more symptoms I would expect.

I'm sure you are correct in that regard.  The underlying problem is metabolic.

Here I list some of the symptoms I would expect from such a systemic problem, however most people might only have a couple of the symptoms listed especially if they are more youthful.

Migraines
Depression
Slight personality problems
Poor short term memory
Dyslexia
Back problems
Bowel problems
Ear problems (Ringing or balance )
Vein problems( thread veins )
Restless legs/cold legs/sore legs
Tendency to injury and chronic complications.
Extreme fatigue after exercise
Sugar/chocolate craving
Muscle twitching
Food intolerances
Allergies
Heartburn

Now all you need is some evidence of that which you really don't have.

Quote from: George999 on May 05, 2010, 11:49:03 AM

boomerang

Thanks George999 for your reply confirming that Neprinol is after all  a blood thinner.  The point I am making about blood thinners is that blood is made up of many components so each blood thinning drug/enzyme works differently.

One of the most important things about blood is that it transfers the oxygen and glucose it carries to the cells in our bodies.  If our blood is too thick for any reason then the red blood cells cannot easily squeeze through the tiny capillaries(Which is where all the action happens) and damage to tissue will result from oxygen starvation not to mention energy starvation.  

I am personally wondering whether there should be routine tests developed to detect blood thickness.  Is it not strange that all chest pain patients are put on blood thinners from the off.  I suspect that the reason that blood thinners are given is not due to theory but that in nearly all cases no matter what the cause it works!!

As we get older our blood often gets thicker due to various reasons not thinner as some people speculate.  This is why old people get out of breath easily I surmise.

I suspect that most if not all peyronies's sufferers will exhibit mild symptoms of tissue oxygen starvation and low energy levels.

However none of this will probably show in blood tests because the problem is not with the blood having too little oxygen or glucose but with the transfer from the blood to the tissues of the body particularly those tissues which are sensitive to reduced oxygen supply or low glucose levels.

People with diabetes also seem to get peyronies's which would also go along with the incorrect level of glucose and perhaps oxygen too. Has anyone ever measured the blood thickness of people with diabetes?

If our blood gets too thick all parts of our bodies will be affected, particularly sensitive organs.  

Glands I suspect would also start to malfunction hence this could explain low testosterone levels.  I suspect that all our glands malfunction as do our immune systems when our blood gets too thick.

I have lost most of my eyebrows which is indicative of low thyroid levels and my sex drive is/was certainly diminished. I also became very lethargic. So I am sure the pituitary gland was affected.

Here are some more symptoms I would expect.  

Hair loss in various places
Circulation problems, particularly legs
Cold abdomen in places
Lethargy

Interestingly I suspect as do others that there is also a link to people (and families) with:

Dupuytrens contracture
Hypodontia (Missing teeth or gap in the front teeth) , not just missing from decay but actually missing.
Ledderhose's disease (like dupuytrens but in the feet and toes)
Frozen shoulder

Sometimes different members of a family will have different combinations of these symptoms.
If anyone can add any more to this then please do.

I have found no evidence yet if there is a genetic link or that this is merely an infection passed among family members or perhaps both!

As for getting evidence then perhaps this website could set up a form based database so that people can report symptoms.  I would also suggest that the list I provided is included because people may not be aware that those in my list are actually symptoms not just random happenings.
I anyone reading this can make this happen then we may get the evidence we need.

George999

So what is it you are suggesting happens to blood to make it "thick"?  The ONLY causes of "thick" blood that I have heard of are things like cancer and sickle cell anemia.  I doubt if those could be cured or even treated with blood thinner.  There also possible issues with clotting factors.  In this case drugs like coumadin are used to prevent blood clots.  Do you no of some other way that blood could become "thick" aside from cellular anomalies and clotting issues?  None of these have ever been associated with Peyronie's.  Things like shortness of breath come from metabolic issues due to the person being out of shape physically.  Older people are more prone to that since they are more often out of shape.  We have a lot of younger people in their 20's here who have Peyronie's.  What do you speculate could cause them to have "thick blood".  What evidence do you have for your beliefs?  I could easily speculate that we get Peyronie's by cutting off the blood supply to our penises by crossing our legs too tightly or some other idea.  What is the use of pulling something like this out of the air?

boomerang

I don't suggest that all people with peyronie's have thick blood,  HOWEVER this could actually be the case.  

There are no standard medical tests, that I am aware of, to test the viscosity of our blood so we do not have any data on this but my case does seriously suggest that thick blood may be important and that Fibrin is implicated.  This points to the clotting issue being perhaps part or all of the cause of thick blood.

Before taking neprinol when pricking my finger with the calibrated "spear", to test my blood sugar, my blood was thick and dark red and hard to extract from my finger. After taking Neprinol my blood flowed very easily and was a nice light red colour. The change was very very obvious.  

The speed at which all my other symptoms were reduced and eliminated was impressive and I am now able to get an erection whereas before there was no chance.  It is interesting that heart problems tend to emerge in the 50s to 60s in men as does peyronie's but young men also suffer heart problems and peyronie's.  I am 59 and my heart problems started big time when I was 58.  I don't have a heart problem now!

I am talking from a scientific and engineering viewpoint and success in treating my other symptoms which coincided with my peyronie's. There are also other very strong clues to tie in peyronie's to my other symptoms.

Current medical knowledge is unlikely to be helpful since if it were, then, we would have a cause and a cure by now.

I have had various symptoms throughout my life and now strongly suspect that I have always had a blood problem. It is just that when I was younger my body was perhaps better able to cope and my symptoms were passed off as "normal".  

I am willing to bet that all peyronie's sufferers have had other symptoms too and that peyronie's is just a symptom of a bigger problem.  George99 you told me that Neprinol "Cleared your lungs"  I too can breathe very easily now but that is most likely due to the improvement in blood and circulation.  I no longer have severe food intolerances or back ache or migraines or ringing in the ears or sinus problems or bowel problems or balance problems.  I had IBS up until last year I don't seem to have it now.

I am at the moment suspecting infection as the cause or  genetic susceptibility and infection.

If infection is the cause then it will probably be undetectable with present medical methods.

It is now known that cells are prone to parasitic infection by various bacteria, viruses etc.  Nearly all these cellular infections are undetectable by our own immune systems or medical tests because the infector targets the cells own immune defences and turns these off to avoid detection.

Genetic susceptibility may make some individuals more likely to get these "hidden" diseases.

I personally designed a computer based immune system to protect a UK University's computers from becoming infected.  This was successful and the parallel between computer viruses and biological parasitic infections is well known.

Viruses can only infect certain operating systems and many viruses cannot infect all versions of Microsoft windows.  The point here is that if the code is different then the virus cannot infect it.  I see a parallel with our DNA.  OUR DNA is the code for a very clever human biological computer so depending on our code we will be more or less susceptible to certain parasitic infections.

I am not suggesting that Neprinol or Nattokinase or Serrapeptase will cure peyronies but at least if other people are getting the other symptoms I experienced then those treatments and may well be very beneficial and just might protect them from other more dangerous associated conditions.

Skjaldborg

Quote from: boomerang on May 16, 2010, 03:46:59 PM

I am willing to bet that all peyronie's sufferers have had other symptoms too and that peyronie's is just a symptom of a bigger problem.

You would lose that bet. I got this at age 29 (after a minor injury) and I am the picture of good health. There are many others on this forum, older and younger, who also came down with this disease and who are also in very good health. Could we all be harboring some virus or bacteria possessed of such terrible cunning that it eludes our immune systems and escapes the prying eyes of doctors? Maybe, but unlikely because...

...on the other side of the equation, there are men with chronic heart disease, diabetes, athlete's foot, cancer, head lice, the clap, heroin addiction, gout, tinnitus, hairy palms, cat scratch fever, etc., and they will live their whole glorious lives without this disease. Sure, they have other problems, but Peyronie's is not among them. Lucky bastards, I say.

Peyronie's disease is not well understood and therefore causality and comorbidity relationships are similarly not well understood. I wish that information about this disease was cut and dry and that it bore the simplicity of binary, but it does not. Due to the the variation in men who get this disease, it is more likely that there are a variety of causes and predispositions rather than just a single infection or virus.

-Skjald "the skeptic"

boomerang

Skjaldborg:

I notice that your chosen name is nordic sounding? Are you nordic in origin? This is a known factor in related diseases such as peyronies, dupytrens and ledderhose etc. I don't know how old you are but I am  59 and did not recognise any symptoms until recently.  Most of my symptoms have only appeared in the last 9 years.

I am a picture of good health too now I am taking the neprinol but I have had very many symptoms.
I will list the symptoms I suspect but most people will dismiss these as "normal".  However taken together I believe they point to an underlying systemic condition.  I can see that some people could get Peyronie's as a one off but I doubt it. The injury trigger is understandable but I injured my right foot and developed ledderhose too but my other foot took 4 years to develop ledderhose too without any injury.  The same thing happened with my hands and dupytrens.

Here are the key factors I believe will increase the chances of a man developing Peyronie's.  I would expect symptoms that the person OR  relatives may have.  The symptoms may be very mild and may occur late in life or not at all.  They may not be noticed as symptoms at all.

These apply to the person with peyronies or other family members and may be symptoms that come and go.  Some may only occur once.

Lupus, Diabetes, Hughes syndrome, arthritis or other "autoimmune diseases"
Dupytrens contracture
Ledderhose Disease (hammer toes, pain when walking, similar to dupytrens but in the feet)
Rounded shoulders (not square shouldered)
Frozen shoulder
Knuckle pads (excess skin on the knuckles, may be mild)
History of depression
Being easily irritated, snappy
Nervousness, anxiety
Poor short term memory (forgetful, bad at remembering names) especially when tired.
Dyslexia (poor spelling)
Untidy
Cold legs or extremities frequently occurring
Lack of energy for long periods
Foggy thinking (feeling of being in a fog for no reason )
Undue fatigue immediately after physical effort but not during exercise, coupled with mood drop.
Balance problems (one offs)
Ear infections that will not go away easily
Ringing in the ears from time to time (more than once)
Tendency to sporting injuries that take a bit more time than normal to heal
Rapid heartbeat from time to time particularly after a meal with sudden exertion (most people do not know this is happening at all)
Tendency to get cramp at night
Muscle twitches, eyelid twitches, rapid blinking
Itchy skin from time to time
Sneezing when exposed to sunlight after coming from inside a building
Flashing zig zag lines around the peripheral vision (a form of migraine)
Migraine headaches (particularly during youth which did not continue in adult life)
Seeing stars (from time to time when lying down and closing eyes)
Wavy vision from time to time
Loss of hair (particularly pubic and lower leg)
Loss of eyebrows particularly outer third
Cysts
Injury to penis but with other symptoms as above
Nordic or northern european lineage

These symptoms may be common in your family making you believe they are normal.  The majority of healthy people have not had any of these symptoms.

boomerang

Thanks for the personal message.  Here are some more symptoms I think would be typical.  The older the person the more of these they would have collected.

I suspect that many out there will find that these symptoms fit like a well worn overcoat made to measure.

Here are some other symptoms to add.

Back pain,stiff back (some times many joints)
Hiatus Hernia
Hip pain
Chest pain
Rib pain
Pericarditis (Pain from the outer lining of the heart only eased by leaning forward)
Hypodontia or a gap in the teeth.  (Adult teeth missing or a gap)
Sinus problems ongoing
Post Nasal Drip
Food intolerances
Loss of body temperature control (body temperature is either to high or low but varies between the two)
Sugar cravings (sweets, chocolate, fruit)
Poor tolerance to alcohol as age increases
Preference for sweet alcoholic drinks
Inability to lose weight
Need for constant snacking

Please post a reply if you think your symptoms match those above and the ones in the previous post of mine here.

Regards

restore

Well, I turned 50 recently, and my general doc recommended me to have a colonoscopy.  I had my consult Monday with the Dr who will perform the procedure, and he wants me to stop taking Pentox for five days prior to the colonoscopy.  Today is the second day I haven't taken it.  It seems like I can feel the lump again in my shaft now but maybe that's just psychological.  I bend to the left in the flaccid state today too.  I wonder, could stopping Pentox, even for just a couple days, be a set back?  

His reasoning was that pentox is a blood thinner, and the nature of the procedure already has risks in internal bleeding.  I would resume taking pentox after the colonoscopy.

Has anyone else had a Dr. say to refrain from pentox before a colonoscopy?  Did you see any consequences from stopping pentox?  Even for just a few days?

swolf

From my limited understanding of it, yes, stopping Pentox could be seen as a very small set-back, as the medication needs to properly build up in your system to have its full intended effect. I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. Once you get back on it it will build up in your system again and within a few weeks you should be back where you were. Maybe someone with more experience will have a better answer, but that's what I think I've generally read.

Skjaldborg

I was on pentox for 8 months total a few years back. I would skip one or two days a month if I had to be someplace where the side effects like minor stomach upset were inconvenient (plane travel, etc.). Overall the drug seemed to work fine for me. Taking a few days off isn't going to cause the drug to not work over the long haul.

In other news: congrats on getting a colonoscopy! Ass cancer is worse than Peyronie's by any measure!

-Skjaldborg

jackp

Restore

I have been on blood thinner for years. I am currently on Pradaxa and aspirin. I will need back surgery and my heart doctor advises to stop all blood thinner including aspirin 5 days before any surgical procedure. Then start back when ok'd by the surgeon.

I am not on pentox but I understand it is a blood thinner. You do not want to be on a blood thinner for any surgical or diagnostic procedure that could cause bleeding.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com/  

Woodman

I take Pentox two times a day. Sometimes due to very bad reflux I have to stay off of it for about two days at a time. I just resume taking it once I get the reflux under control again. I haven't really noticed any set backs if I do they are only temporary as mentioned below. Usually after geting back on the Pentox for a few days the progress catches back up to where it was beforehand. I don't think five days should put you too far behind and if you loose a little progess it should come back in a short amount of time. At least thats my experiance from using it.

restore

Thanks, the only other thing I've noticed is some really bad headaches.  I guess after faithfully taking 3 Pentox pills each day for a year and a half, there had to be some withdrawal symptoms.  Advil takes care of the headaches fortunately.  I go Monday for my colonoscopy woo hoo!  Will be glad to get it over with.

james1947

Five days before any surgery all the blood thinners should be avoided.

This is a very strict request from all  the doctors before performing a surgery.
Even the smallest one.
The reason is they are afraid from excessive bleeding. Ones is happening, difficult to deal with.

James  
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

james1947

The topic is old and very professional.
I just want to add my small experience with blood thinners.

I do have thick blood, I get a heath attack in  1995, get Peyronie's in 2008.
All this time, now also I am on 100mg daily aspirin.
For me this blood thinner (Aspirin) has not helped not to get Peyronie's.
Maybe Pentox will help, can see small improvements after more than two months.

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

George999

Blood thinners are TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE in treating Peyronie's.  This is because nearly ALL blood thinners have ZERO effect in blood circulation.  They merely prevent blood coagulation, that is ALL that they do.  Blood circulation is TOTALLY UNAFFECTED.  The idea that blood thinners as a class in someway improve blood circulation is unscientific and off the wall.  Blood thinners are used to PREVENT CLOTS, NOT to improve circulation.  - George