Reactivation of peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

2Oldfords

I have been doing some research to better understand the nature of the beast called Peyronie's.
I ran across an article written to examine why the Nesbit procedure had poor outcomes. So this study looked at poor outcomes of 51 patients over 20 years. What was interesting to me was the rate of failure due to peyronie's reactivation. Of the 51, 20 was due to peyronies being reactivated.
I clipped this from the article: "There are always some patients who initially have a good result and in whom the Peyronie's disease then reactivates. Reactivation at the original site associated with pain and swelling may lead to the same deformity, whereas new disease formation should be suspected if the location and nature of the deformity are different. These are unavoidable but care must be taken to only operate on patients with stable disease." Before these people were operated on their disease was clinically stable.
   What they didn't explore was did those 20 men also have Dupytrens? Does the fact that a man has dupytrens and peyronies and possibly Ledderhose indicate a more progressive form of this connective tissue disorder? If so maybe men should be told before surgery that the outcome may be worse or the type of correction for their peyronies should be different. It might save some men a lot of grief etc.

Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

TDix

I was checked for Dupytrens and lederhose in my pre surgery visits.  This topic is my biggest fear at the moment.  You just never know how your body will react.  Especially since I had partial excision.  I hope whatever stayed does not spread or grow.  
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

2Oldfords

My deformity is all new (hourglass) and now more than one lesion. I told my Dr. I also had dupytrens. I guess all you can do is follow normal peyronies protocol and hope for the best? It would seem like a good idea to have a risk matrix of some sort that could possibly be used to make better decisions about treatment options. I know this is wishful thinking. I gambled that excision and grafting would fix me. I rolled the dice and got snake eyes. I hope my luck has changed before I get this mess corrected.
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

TonySa

Implant seems to be the definitive treatment that works regardless if all else has failed!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.