Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
PROFILE -> FORUM PROFILE -> SIGNATURE
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antidepressants and Peyronie's Disease  (Read 138 times)

Worried89

• Voting Member
Antidepressants and Peyronie's Disease
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:45:33 PM »

I've scoured this forum for threads on SSRIs and any possible connections to Peyronie's Disease, but as expected I found no definitive answers and wildly different anecdotes. After three years of delaying medical treatment for my OCD and Depression due to fear of its sexual side effects or any other side effects exacerbating my Peyronie's, I've reached a point where my quality of life has deteriorated such that I need something to take the edge off; after consulting with a very well respected psychiatrist, he recommended Fluvoxamine (Luvox) beginning with 50 mg.

It's been years since I've taken any SSRIs; the last time was two years before Peyronies Disease manifested, and I have no reason to connect the two. However, I'd like anyone with any intel on this to help me acquire any information on whether Fluvoxamine, or SSRIs in general can indeed make Peyronies Disease worse, or if I have nothing to worry about provided that I can still get healthy erections regularly.

Edit: Also, I heard that SSRIs can raise blood sugar. Might this not also increase the risk of exacerbating Peyronie’s?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up