Kink on CX implant?

Previous topic - Next topic

tomas1

I seem to have a kink in my implant.
I have a bump on the right side of my penis.

I can push it in and it goes away temporarily.
When I inflate, there is no sign of it.

I wonder if the cylinders will eventually soften?

It's not something I'm going to worry about, but wonder if anyone with an implant experiences this.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Pfract

How Tomas! Based on what I read, this is a sign of a properly sized implant, if the kinks disappear when you inflate, but are there in the deflated state. And also don't cause no pain.  

Hawk

Thomas, that is almost certainly a fold commonly referred to as a "dog ear".  It is common to feel such with cylinder models that are not made to significantly contract in length when completely deflated (such as the CX).  It will not disappear but it will soften very slowly over time.  As Pfract pointed out, it is one sign that you likely were not undersized, and if it completely disappears when inflated, it is a sign that you were not oversized.

If it bothers you either comfort wise or visually, usually putting just a few pumps in will round the cylinders out and minimize or get rid of it.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

tomas1

Actually, once I got somewhat used to it, it's no real problem.

When I first noticed it, I wondered if it was related to a dent I had in my penis in the same area.
I originally worried about erosion, but not anymore.

I was wondering if the condition was "dog ears", now I know.

Thanks for the replies.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Stepone

Thomas, same issue, I had a dent too and wondered about the same, because the dog ear is where the dent was. I wonder if because of the dent, the tissues are actually thinner there, so maybe that's a weak spot where the dog ear can immerge. It used to hurt, but as time has faded, the hurt has become less. I have noticed that I could depress it inwards and hold it and it would pop back out a little less quickly each time. Each time, they become less and less hard.
Glad you are doing well.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

If anything, a Peyronies Disease dent would be toughened scar tissue that might put more pressure on the deflated cylinder.  It is much like artificially making a dog ear or pushing a dog ear to a different location by pressing your fingers.

At any rate, a drained cylinder that does not contract lengthwise has to bend somewhere since the penis is attempting to contract in length.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

tomas1

Yep, my situation is identical to Stepone's. Never any pain there though.
I'm doing well but just have some normal age related issues (nothing serious).
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.