Painful to stand or walk post surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi guys.  The hospital advised me to have a gentle walk as often as I can following my incision and grafting surgery.  Everything was fine for a couple of days, but from day 3 things started to get really painful.

It's now day 5 and I'm struggling to stand.  

Should this be cause for concern, or all just part of the healing process?
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

TDix

All part of the healing.  Do you have pain meds?
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Bubba dawg

Probably because the anesthesia is wearing off  
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Alibaba

I know some surgeries they use a long acting anesthetic that lasts about 3 days. You are about the stage everyone asks why the hell did I do this to myself? !!!!!!!! but things should start improving fairly quick soon. Walking a little to prevent blood clots in your legs is advisable, but you need to stay reclined and iced as much as you can otherwise. It is easy to get weak from surgery and you still need to eat, drink and get as much sleep as the pain will allow you. Cheers man, healing helps.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

MarkDS

Thanks guys.  I have codine, but the pain has eased a bit, so just the odd ibuprofen is needed.

Hopefully things will continue getting better.
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED

Stepone

My reply sounds stupid, but patience is a virtue, when it comes to surgeries.
Penis surgery is tough, it's your friend between your legs and it all hurts.
When you sit, when you walk, etc.
I found that I just had to make it through each day and night.
Sometimes I did too much and the poor guy was killing me in pain.
I would reach for a heavy duty pain pill on those occasions, but most the time, tylenol would work.
There will come a time, when you will think, wait, i have no pain today, it comes slow
I am thinking it was 4 weeks for no pain at all, then sex at 6 weeks, but each guy is different.
Take one day at a time.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

MarkDS

Thanks for the reply.  It's now been 11 days and the pain and swelling has eased a little.  Still hurts when standing and walking for too long, but a 10 minutes or so at a time is bearable

The main issue is the swollen ring around the base of my penis.  Hopefully that will ease soon
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016

Stepone

Hey,

Just checking in to see how you are doing?
Is the pain decreasing still?
How are things looking?

Stepone
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

MarkDS

Thanks for asking.  It's been just over 3 weeks since the surgery.  Pain has vertically all gone, but I do have a ring of swelling still around the base of my penis, which seems to be restricting blood flow.  

I also have residual curve.  But I'm hoping that when I get the go ahead to use the vacuum pump then things will improve, both in straightness and length.

I'm seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks, so hoping he will put my mind at rest.
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016

Stepone

I am trying to remember when I had my surgery to straighten in 2015, but it seems that the base of my penis was swollen too. Mine was very straight, but with a gradual bend upward, which I did not have before. I was happy with that.
My surgeon did not discuss using a vacuum pump.
Please check in after your visit and share what the surgeon says.
Sounds like things are moving in right direction.
Best wishes guy.
Stepone