Alkan

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkan

Age - 27

Age at Onset - 26

First Symptoms - My problem started fourteen months ago.  One day I was masturbating rather intensely when I began to feel a pain in my penis.   I ignored the pain and kept going--but when I ejaculated it was accompanied by more severe pain.  I imagined that I had merely worked my penis a bit too hard and that everything would soon return to normal (as had happened once or twice in the past).  But instead I found that the pain returned every time I got an erection, and that my orgasms felt different.  Soon I began to notice that my erections were also much less frequent and were harder to maintain.  My sex drive, which had always been very high, began to decrease.  I avoided seeing a urologist, partly out of embarrassment and a stubborn conviction that my problem would go away if I only gave it time, and partly because I was broke and had no health insurance.  To this day I have not had an official diagnosis of Peyronie's, but after some online research I became quite convinced that that's what I had.

After 14 months I still have no curvature.  The symptoms I do have are:
-A dull aching in my flaccid penis.
-A more intense pain during erection; also a loss of sensitivity and a "tight" feeling.  Pain is worst immediately following ejaculation.
-A slight hourglass effect in the semi-erect state (but it isn't present all the time, and goes away completely as I get close to full erection).
-Significant shrinking in length and girth in both flaccid and erect states (I used to measure 4" flaccid and 6" erect; now it's more like 2.5" flaccid and 4.5" erect; not sure about girth measurements, but they have noticeably decreased as well).

I became very depressed following my injury (both because of the injury and for other personal reasons) and unfortunately took to alcohol and overeating to cope--which I am quite certain did nothing to help my condition.  Luckily I've cheered up a bit and am getting back into shape.

I take L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, and Vitamin E, but the only improvement I've noticed so far is that I sometimes wake up with morning erections like I used to before the peyronie's started.

I'm happy that I haven't developed a curvature, but I'm dismayed that after 14 months the pain I have is still as great as ever.  And of course I'm also extremely unhappy about the erectile dysfunction I've experienced as well as the significant decrease in the size of my penis.  I have literally lost a chance at a relationship with a girl I cared for very much due to my peyronie's--and while I tell myself that any girl who would reject me over something like that isn't worth my time, it's not much of a consolation.

I've been thinking about saving up for a traction device such as Fastsize to see if it could do anything for me.  I figure it's worth a shot.

"Alkan"