Question on gurgling

Previous topic - Next topic

SW01

A little worried. Ok. Sitting at moms and suddenly felt some gurgling in my crotch. Then my penis actually felt softer. I thought things were going pretty good till today but am a bit concerned. Went to bathroom and cylinders felt more noticeable and hang was down to 5 o clock easily.

Feeling around felt the cylinders and they were flat. Not sure what the f happened. Immediately left and came home to see about pumping up.

Pumped up and felt hard but now second guessing myself. Left it up for an hour just to see if it got soft. Still hard but feel some gurgling around tubes. Deflated and it is hanging low again. Feeling penis I have never felt the flatness like this in past 8 weeks. Definitely smaller deflated and cylinders are more noticeable than I ever felt them.

Pump bulb is still hard when i fully pumped up. Worried as hell though.

Ok. Pump was sticky according to doc. Wondering if maybe something got unstuck after 8 weeks. Had no problem with pushing deflate button and squeezing penis to deflate. Still large flaccid but thought it was titan.

Wife said not to freak out, yet. See what happens later when I pump it up again.

Freaking out anyway. Crotch should not gurgle.

Question. At 8 weeks do you feel the flat edges of the cylinders. It feels like a tape measure in my penis. First time I felt this. If I am leaking out how long will it take to get to a soft bulb.

Nothing I can do about it right now anyway but get it fixed asap if I need to. I hope it is just a glitch which works itself out.

Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

TonySa

Sorry, haven't heard if this-but good sign it pumps gull and stays that way.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

SW01

Not sure what happened. I am thinking something with the deflate button. Pumped up a few times and stay hard. When I hit the deflate button now I am definitely hanging lower and I can tell more saline is out of the cylinders. When I squeeze my penis the cylinders are flatter and can feel the edges are more pronounced.

Scared me but hope it is nothing.

Hawk

RELAX!

The condition you describe with flat cylinders and the flat edge easily felt inside of the penis is typical of a Titan that is TOTALLY 100% deflated.  This is much more noticeable if all swelling is gone which it should be at this point.  The fact that you are pointing lower and feel the flatness of the cylinders tells me that you are just now experiencing 100% total deflation in a penis with no swelling.  If that state bothers you then put 4 or 5 pumps in to round out the cylinders.

The only thing I am not sure of is what made this happen without direct conscience effort to totally deflate.  I have never heard of auto deflation with a Titan unless:
1. your deflation button was locked open ( you did not give the first firm squeeze after deflation)
2. AND your tight jeans or crossing your legs etc constricted your penis while your valve was locked open.

The above scenario is very possible.

If you can still pump and deflate normally and maintain inflation even if you squeeze your penis, you have NOTHING to worry about.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

SW01

Things are still ok. Not really sure what happened. I do know I am now more fully deflating. Pump up still stay hard until i deflate so no issues. Will just keep moving forward and keep inflating and deflating.

No more gurgling though. When I hit deflate I hang lower and can tell I am more deflated and definitely feel the folds more than in the earlier weeks. I do not add a pump after deflating to lock out valve. I have not had any issues with auto inflating so did not feel like I needed to. Still do not and am not having any inflation until I pump up.

I also notice that when I hit deflate button now it immediately begins to go down without squeezing. I think it may have been a deflate button issue after all.

Still not sure what happened to cause it but things are better now.

Hawk

If you do not have any auto inflation there is no need to give that first firm pump to double-lock the valve.  It is just a matter of choice.  If you do not double-lock the valve then you can deflate more (assuming you did not 100% deflate), just by squeezing the penis with your hand.  Any other constriction like jeans or legs when squatting, sitting, crossing legs will do the same.

Some days I lockout and some days I don't.  If I do not lock out I will not auto-inflate by any means, but I will plump out a little after hours of activity and if I wish I can just give a quick squeeze and 100% deflate again.  I usually leave it.  I kind of prefer putting that one firm squeeze behind me and adding a couple more pumps so I am 2 seconds closer to being ready for action. :)

Welcome to the world of the versatile bionic penis.

Stepone

18 days since my surgery.
I appreciate all the posting as it answers some questions, but I still am a little confused.
I have a Titan 22cm. I have been pumping for 5 days. I am able to pump to max while sitting in a hot tub for 30 minutes 1-2 times per day
This is my question. When I deflate, do I depress the pump button while squeezing my penis, or do I press the pump button, let go and then squeeze my penis? The penis doesn't hurt at all when I squeeze it, but the pump area is still sore and tender.
My other question is so so once I press the button, can I squeeze the fluid out and then squeeze some more without pressing the pump button again?
Also, how long does it take for the actual pump activity to be painless? I will be glad when my ball sac doesn't feel like it's burning.
Oh yeah, what about the pump, I was told to gently tug on the pump assembly to keep it from pulling up too tight. Is anyone else doing this? Have this problem?
I did not ever hear a gurgling, but one time I squeezed my penis so much that the penis almost went flat and I had to squeeze it a little more to get the cylinder shape back. It didn't hurt but looked weird.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

This has often been a point of confusion.  Here is the scoop.

Current Titan's have a "Titan Touch" pump.  If there has ever been a misnomer, this is it.  It takes far more than a touch to inflate and even more to deflate.

To deflate, the Titan Touch is designed to be pressed firmly for 2 seconds and then released.  You can then either let it very slowly drain on its own or squeeze the penis to drain the fluid quickly.  You can drain more fluid any time (even the next day) with just a squeeze of the penis UNTIL the point that you make the first extra firm pump on the bulb.  That first firm pump double locks the valve so fluid cannot flow in either direction.

The problem is that most men are not able to make this work in the beginning.  Some very few can.  It took me about 2 months as I recall (it is all in my journal).  What typically happens, in the beginning, is that you depress the deflate valve enough that fluid will drain from the penis as long as you keep your hand on the valve and squeeze your penis with the other hand.  This is because the patient does not press the deflate valve hard enough to lock the valve into the deflate position.  You will know if it failed to lock in the deflate position in two ways.
1. You will not be able to drain fluid from the penis if you let go of the pump deflate button.
2. When you begin to inflate Your first pump won't require an extra hard squeeze because the valve is not locked in the deflate position.

During this early stage, deflating is often a two-hand operation.

With time, the scrotum gets less sensitive and the pump loosens up, and your deflate squeeze becomes more efficient at isolating the deflate button.  At that point you press the deflate button for 2 seconds, let go, then squeeze your penis to drain the fluid.  You then give one firm squeeze to double-lock the valve.

It is very normal for your penis to be pain-free and your scrotum to be sore from the pumping.  You would have to read other patient journals to know how long it takes for that to go away.  As I recall it is about 8 weeks but it might be slightly sensitive until 12 weeks.  It does get better weekly beginning with the first week of cycling.

Stepone

Thanks Hawk, you are the man!
I appreciate you taking the time to explain in such detail. I will go back and reread parts of your journal.
So greatful,
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC