Next gen implant

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Interesting but I see no reason it would not have the same drawbacks as a mailable implant.  It is fixed length so it could erode through the tissue plus it gains neither length or girth.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

I enjoyed the video, but I have to second hawk's opinion. It will definitely have it's place, but I would not be looking forward to try it out. Rather go with the current manufacturers that have been in the game for 40 years, almost than have something new and untested in the long term...

TonySa

I think the videos said AMS may partner with them.  I'm thinking the implant would be full size flaccid and inflated, certainly will need lots of research...but encouraging new research is being done.  The pump seems to be the largest downside to the implant to me.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Pfract

Agree 100% on the research done being a good thing. Have you ever seen videos on the implants from the European manufacturers? They suck, and the implant inspires no confidence at all. I mean the ZSI brand....  

TonySa

Haven't seen it yet, do you have a link?

Alibaba

This school is across the river from us and our oldest daughter used to teach there. I've seen stories about this for a while and I am NOT impressed by it at all. My only take it is another attempt to design something new for marketing to sell that is cheap.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

TonySa

They are not selling anything.  This is very common, the universities do the research development and then the commercial market steps in and sells.

Hawk

Quote from: TonySa on May 02, 2019, 10:24:03 PM
They are not selling anything.

Let me be very clear.  I am a strong capitalist.  Reward is what drives innovation.  Make no mistake, everyone is selling something when any new product or procedure is being developed.  Researchers, including universities, are competing for huge grants and tuition.  Companies are looking for a way to make more than they spend.  At its best, it develops cutting edge improvements for the human race and great rewards for the developers and produces.  At its worst, it ends up being a bust for those that invested or a step backward for the consumer.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hey Tony.  A bit late, but here they are:

https://youtu.be/3li_6QAvWic

https://youtu.be/xqvKiuaLvKQ

https://youtu.be/UuLaR6yD_fc

A complete joke. Both in terms of device presentation, implant quality itself..... Just compare a Titan device to that piece of junk... lol

TonySa

Crazy, all sizes in one kit...parts must be way cheaper.

Alibaba

Quote from: TonySa on May 02, 2019, 10:24:03 PM
They are not selling anything.  This is very common, the universities do the research development and then the commercial market steps in and sells.

Actually the universities sell a license or the product patent, design, whatever and often the money becomes part of their endowment. Many of the drugs on market were developed with tax supported university funds, then sold. A couple of examples. https://dailybruin.com/2019/03/10/muddled-patent-dispute-sheds-light-on-uclas-questionable-ties-to-big-pharma/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/11/22/university-patents-limit-access-to-medicine-these-students-want-to-change-that/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.947613b76263

A quick search yielded  20,500,000 results (0.31 seconds)  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

TonySa

Yes, but unfortunately most of the research is funded at universities—but most of the profits go to corporations.