Cold showers to fight inflammation?

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaffu

Hello everyone,

For about 2 weeks i only shower at the lowest temperature possible in my shower. The first time I did it was just because i was very hot from working in the sun (I cannot handle the sun very well LOL). But I noticed something strange. During and after my cold shower my inflammation went down considerably and my hard flaccid got a lot less. This phenomenon lasted throughout most of the day. Since then i do cold showers every Day and it helped me considerably with my flaccid pain. The only thing i notice is that when flaccid my hourglass gets a lot worse but I will take that  😁. Other then the above i do not have any other differences. My erections are the same, and the way it fills out as well. I know for sure it isnt something else cause i checked it by showering hot for two days and the pain got back

Does any of you have the same experience? And if so Does any of you have any explaination for it? I dont say it's a cure by any means but it helped me better so far with my pain than pentox and topical diclofenac. I seriously recommend to try it atleast once for anyone who has flaccid pain as well. Hopefully it will give some people some relief as well.

Thank you in advance for your reply guys. And good luck to you all with your battles against this.  
Peyronies symptoms since februari 2019. Flaccid pain and HF. Hourglass when flaccid, one dent on left side when erect. Originaly two small BB pallet plaques on upper middle shaft, but now 1 gone. Treatment so far: pentox 2/Day, keto diet & waterfast.

JohnnyDoe

My pain increases when I take hot showers, so I am also showering on a lower temperature now. I also use ice when I have persisting pain, which also helps quite well. Also no other improvements from this, besides the pain decrease. Inflammation usually increases with heat and decreases when cooled, so I believe this is likely the case. But the strange thing is that, there are many people here that use heat to improve Peyronies symptoms, so I am a bit confused about that.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Snaffu

Hey there Johnnydoe. Thanks for your reply. I have no idea what to think anymore tbh. I Read here everywhere aswell that heat helps, but for me its the other way around. Guess i am Just going to stick What is best for me i guess. The only thing i can think of is that cold showers makes you breath in deeper and more frequent, therefore increasing oxygen in the body. Cold showers furthermore increases blood flow. But as i said no idea if this is truly the reason for oud inflammation decrease.
Peyronies symptoms since februari 2019. Flaccid pain and HF. Hourglass when flaccid, one dent on left side when erect. Originaly two small BB pallet plaques on upper middle shaft, but now 1 gone. Treatment so far: pentox 2/Day, keto diet & waterfast.

pey ron

i don't think more oxygen would be a good thing... more CO2 (antioxidant!) to displace more oxygen would be a good thing...

animals that run on more oxygen live shorter lives, with the sole exception of birds but there's something special about how they make energy
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Paolo

Quote from: pey ron on April 25, 2019, 01:03:41 AM
i don't think more oxygen would be a good thing... more CO2 (antioxidant!) to displace more oxygen would be a good thing...

100%, I do bag breathing and sometimes wear a surgical mask, for short periods obviously lol  :)
If I exercise then no breathing through the mouth also useful.
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.