Activation and Question

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTexican

I had modified Nesbit and implant procedures on March 6. I left the hospital with a 20% inflation. Yesterday I had my 6-week checkup and was finally able to activate this thing.

I can't thank the folks on this forum enough for your support and counsel through it all.

I had no pain at all when I fully inflated in the office. Since 6 weeks had gone by, I had no swelling and the stitches from the peyronie's procedure were healed.

Other than losing the pump at one point and shooting it across the inside of my scrotum (ouch), inflating and deflating has been pretty easy. And my 90-degree upward curve is gone.

My big question is this: I have an AMS device. When I initially squeeze the pump, I feel a 'click.' After that, how do I know 1) that I'm squeezing the pump hard enough and 2) that I've inflated all that I'm able to inflate?

My girth is definitely improved, and I'm happy with my initial length. Doc says that will improve. I haven't measured either one yet.

Now that I'm through the recovery, I'm sure glad I had both of these procedures done.

TheTexican
52 years old
RP 2016
Peyronies 2017, 90+ degree upward curvature
AMS 700 CX Implant, March 2019

University Professor of European History.

Hawk

Great news.  I am so glad you kept in touch.  All of your bionic brothers and thousands of members and guests need your feedback.

I will let someone with an AMS answer your pump question.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

It took me a while to get the hang of the AMS pump.  Once deflated, the first pump will initiate a click locking the device in the inflate mode.  After 20 pumps (give or take) you will not be able to squeeze the pump any further.  Wait 5 minutes and give it another pump or two until at max again. 20 pump, or so, is all you need when you get full wall-to-wall pumps.  If you're going beyond 30 pumps, be sure your hand stabilizing the pump is nowhere near the deflation button as it is easy to be deflating while inflating at the same time and thus never filling the reservoir.  Let me know how it goes.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.