Issues with Restorex

Previous topic - Next topic

Torontobased

I wanted to share some experiences I've had and reach out to see if some of the concerns I have are valid or if others have experienced them and know better. I bought and used the Restorex for about two weeks before I tried to clamp down higher on the glans and potentially hurt myself, there was quite a bit of pain and some slight bruising in my glans. I took a break for about a week and a half before most of the pain subsided and have since adjusted the clamp to be looser, but still have several concerns. First of all, I have two plaques just below my glans on either side where the majority of my narrowing is, and these areas feel sore and compressed which makes me worried that it is doing more damage to these areas similar to stories from others on this website about noose based traction devices. As this is the area of the worst scarring, it makes me very concerned how much benefit I may be gaining compared to what harm it may be doing. As well, after using the Restorex my penis while slightly longer and more relaxed appears much thinner and any hourglassing seems more pronounced, even when achieving an erection soon after. I also get some aches in the areas of hourglassing I have after using the device. At the moment I have no curve to speak of, I am just trying to maintain length and girth and hopefully gain some back over time. My question is, are these concerns reason to discontinue using traction? Do things generally look worse before they begin to get better, and is most of the length gain people tend to see from traction use due to the curve simply straightening out or does it truly stretch the overall length of the penis? Do I risk making the plaques below my glans even worse or risk losing more girth through traction use, and if so am I better off switching gears and attempting to maintain and restore lost dimensions using VED due to my individual circumstances?

Just wanted to share my experiences with traction so far and reach out for further advice. If you do get the Restorex be careful with how much pressure you are applying with the clamp and if in doubt move it the position up by unscrewing it and using more gauze. That seems to have helped me somewhat with using it, although I continue to have a difficult time balancing the pressure needed to remain in the device without slipping out while also ensuring I am not clamping too hard and risking further pain or injury.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Bent Ding Dong

Hi Torontobased, I have the lump in the glans area too and am having similar problems to you. At first I was putting the clamp down on the lump but this was hurting so now I am putting the clamp down before the glans and it's been better but I have been experiencing some loss of feeling and erection problems. I have it on 1 click for the clamp down with 3 times around the penis of Coban 3m Tape (Not the LF that came in the box) and this tape is more comfortable as it doesn't stick to the skin like the LF tape when trying to take it off. I have experienced no slip outs with this tape.

I think I might have been trying too hard with the angles, going to 90 degrees too soon etc but on the plus side, I have experienced much bigger flaccid hang and even though I have some weak erections, it does look straighter. Girth for me looks like it has increased so happy with that too.

No changes to the lump size unfortunately and this make sense as I can't stretch the lump due to the location of it.

I have also been giving it a rest for 4 days so far now and the feeling has came back but I still have weak erections. I will give it a rest for a bit longer.
Age, 40's.

Had peyronie's for more than 10 years. Developed glans lump, then had poor erections and soft glans.

Made a lot of progress over the years with diet and avoidance of sugar and high carbs. Still have the lump but it's much smaller now.

Torontobased

Hi Bent,

Glad to hear you are getting some improvement, it's encouraging that you've seen some girth return. Unfortunately I am in the same boat in that where my worst plaques are can't really be stretched due to location. I've been inconsistent with the traction due to my concerns and the pain from the one incident but have made the decision to just stick with it and hope for the best. How long have you been using the Restorex if you don't mind me asking?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Bent Ding Dong

Hi Torontobased, I have been using Restorex for about a month and to see some size results is amazing especially in this short amount of time. My erection strength was a bit stronger last night so I feel I am ready to try the clamping again. I might try the clamp even further back towards the base of the penis and see how that goes and also not go to the full 90 degree angle as I probably wasn't ready for that yet. I think I got too enthusiastic and was pushing it a bit too hard too early.

I think having the clamp too close to where the lump is just irritates it as that is where I can feel the discomfort so that's why I want to try it back towards the base a bit more. I will report back how it goes.
Age, 40's.

Had peyronie's for more than 10 years. Developed glans lump, then had poor erections and soft glans.

Made a lot of progress over the years with diet and avoidance of sugar and high carbs. Still have the lump but it's much smaller now.

Pfract

So, you did not follow the device manual instructions word by word?  

Bent Ding Dong

I thought I was following it word for word but I went back through the manual booklet again and couldn't find where it says you can't go to 90 degrees at this stage. It doesn't say to go back slightly further away from the glans but it also doesn't mention having a large lump in the glans area and what to do there either. I tried putting the clamp down even further away from the glans today and it felt much better. No discomfort in the glans area and no slight numbness. I also didn't try 90 degrees, had it one less click back and that felt good too.
Age, 40's.

Bent Ding Dong

So I've been continuing with the clap further away from the glans and it's been going really good. No more glans lump irritation and I'm sure it's not my imagination but the lump actually felt like it has reduced in size a tiny bit and it also feels softer.

The clamp used to slip forward towards the glans a little bit previously after some tension was applied and the lump would get irritated but now it stays away from that area even if it slides forward a little as the clamp is put down further away from the glans.
Age, 40's.

nhlaxbro

Hey All. I too have been using Restorex for about 4 weeks. I have a Q -- what area is the 'glans' that is being referred to? Thank you.  
PEACE

Bent Ding Dong

The glans is the penis head, the knob part at the end.
Age, 40's.