Can a tight ring cause damage?

Previous topic - Next topic

Markyj

Used a silicone ring, the kind that just goes around the penis shaft that I purchased for erection quality but it was way too tight and very painful so I took it off as quickly as possible but it took a minute or two to get off. Could intense squeezing like this for a minute cause any permanent damage/scarring? I didn't have any noticeable bruising or pain after and the doctor didn't see anything wrong but I am still worried. Any thoughts would be appreciated
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Guys use these all the time after VED to maintain erection, without any problems I've heard if.  Should be fine.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Markyj

are they supposed to be very tight?  I took it off because it hurt and figured that meant it was too tight, but maybe that's what makes them work....

Hawk

Most VEDs come with an assortment of rings or bands and you are supposed to use the biggest one that will still work.  It is difficult to say how tight is too tight just from reading a post.  You have to experiment with different sizes.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Markyj

Yeah, there was an assortment and I tried one that felt way too tight so I took it off as quickly as possible...it took about a minute because it was tough to get a grip around it.  I won't use that again.  

When they say that rings that are too tight can cause problems do they mean a one time experience like mine or from wearing them repeatedly and/or for long periods?

thanks

Hawk

Don't fret.  It is over.  Just start too large and work your way down until you get to one that does the job.  It is that simple.

greatnight10

Quote from: Markyj on March 26, 2019, 01:46:57 PM
Yeah, there was an assortment and I tried one that felt way too tight so I took it off as quickly as possible...it took about a minute because it was tough to get a grip around it.  I won't use that again.  

When they say that rings that are too tight can cause problems do they mean a one time experience like mine or from wearing them repeatedly and/or for long periods?

thanks

You CAN injure your penis if you wear a cock ring for too long and it starts cutting off circulation. You should not be wearing a ring for more than 30 minutes at a time. If it is hurting while you are wearing it that means it is too tight. Rings should feel snug, but not painful.  

Paolo

Use a flat section cock ring

Forum member JohnW posted the following Dec 5th 2017;

In the mean time, I've been using this cock ring with superior results: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GYHISDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The best thing about this:
- It's soft silicone and flexible
- Easy on, easy off
- It's wide so it doesn't feel like it is cutting your dick off
- It provides just enough constriction. It's just right.

Paul  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Markyj

Quote from: greatnight10 on May 17, 2019, 03:21:11 AM
You CAN injure your penis if you wear a cock ring for too long and it starts cutting off circulation. You should not be wearing a ring for more than 30 minutes at a time. If it is hurting while you are wearing it that means it is too tight. Rings should feel snug, but not painful.

Ok, so the lack of circulation is the danger. Do too tight of rings generally not cause any injuries or bruising? Mine was painful but I got it off asap, still worried it could have caused injury, although there was no obvious bruising or lasting pain

Hawk

"Generally" not.

Mark, you did this 4 months ago according to your post.  It is time to stop worrying about it.  Sometimes micro trauma or even no known trauma can result in a flare-up.  If you had damage you would have known it before now.