Titan sticky deflate button.

Previous topic - Next topic

SW01

2 week visit today and things have been going great so far. Dr. Gave me all the data, keychain, instructions on how to pump, etc. He deflated me, which have to say was most uncomfortable pain i have had even right after getting out of surgery. He had me try to locate the deflate button and i could not. I still have one bruise on my scrotum though and it is right where i would press if i could find button. He told me pump is a little high but is not attached to anything. He also said the deflate button was sticky which was not unusual. It should line itself out after cycling.

He told me to make sure i am pulling pump down while sitting in a hot bath. This will make it easier to get to. My question is if anyone else had a sticky button and how long did it take to line out, when i can find it and get to it. Bulb is also really hard.

Wants me to wait 2more weeks for sex.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Hawk

As much movement as there is in a scrotum, especially in a hot tub, you can move whatever section of skin you want over the deflate button.

Soak in a hot tub.  Have the keyring model of the pump with you so you can see it while you orient to the pump.  Pump with the thumb and bent forefinger rather than the tip of the forefinger.

Press the deflate button with the thumb and tip of the forefinger of one hand while squeezing the penis with the other hand.  You can easily feel it if it is deflating.  You are supposed to be able to press the deflate button for a couple of seconds then turn it lose and it locks open.  It took months before I could lock it open.  I had to hold the deflate button the entire time I deflated.  It works as advertised now.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hey man... This may apply to you:

https://www.goldjournal.net/article/S0090-4295(14)00595-0/fulltext

''Pseudo-malfunction of the Coloplast Titan Inflatable Penile Prosthesis One-Touch Release Pump.''

QuoteAbstract
OBJECTIVE:

To define and describe a type of pseudo-malfunction of the Coloplast Titan Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (IPP) One-Touch Release (OTR) pump (Coloplast Corp, Minneapolis, MN).
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

We retrospectively reviewed a consecutive series of 550 patients with refractory organic erectile dysfunction who were implanted with a Coloplast Titan IPP with the OTR pump during a period of approximately 4 years.
RESULTS:

All patients were implanted using standard techniques through an infrapubic or penoscrotal approach. Twenty-nine patients (5.3%) complained that their IPP would not inflate and that the pump bulb felt "hard." Examination revealed that their IPP was working normally; however, the inflate/deflate valve disc had become stuck in the deflate position. Very firm pressure had to be applied to the pump bulb to move the valve disc into the inflate position. Once this was accomplished, the device inflated and deflated normally. Another 14 patients (2.5%) reported this phenomenon to us but were able to apply enough pressure on the pump bulb to rectify it.
CONCLUSION:

The inflate/deflate valve disc in the Coloplast Titan OTR pump can occasionally become stuck in the deflate position (7.8% of patients in our experience). Patients may be unable to inflate the device and return for evaluation. In all cases we have encountered, firm pressure on the pump bulb caused the valve to shift into the inflate position, and the device worked properly thereafter. Patients and implanting urologists should be aware of this issue and of the way in which it can be rectified.

SW01

Having the key chain model was the way to go for sure. I was able to tell where the button is, but still cannot feel it. I still have one bruise left and it is rigt on the skin i would use to press that button of course. Everything is going good now. I plan to just work on getting pump in a good spot, and hope the stickiness goes away. It deflates which is the important part. I would hate to get inflated and not be able to get it down.

Thanks for the help. Oh the more i handle the pump the smaller it is beginning to feel. A mind game probably thinking it is bigger than it actually is. Does take a ton of pressure to compress though.

So damn happy.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Hawk

I am happy for you.  I can't over-emphasize Laying (not sitting) in hot water while cycling for the first 10 days.  It not only relaxes the scrotum and makes the pump easier to operate, but the heat also tends to disrupt the pain/discomfort signal of inflation allowing you to inflate more for a longer period of time.  That is vital in restoring size prior to scaring in.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums